**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Aspects of Apoc's kit and how to use

thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
edited November 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I've never pulled Apoc until a 6 star today so I don't know anything about him other than how to kill him. I'm very happy and excited but I just don't have time to do the usual research on the champ, etc. I'd appreciate any feedback on how to use and what aspects of his kit have been most helpful to you.

AW is my priority and I take path 5 (lots of annoying skills). What intrigues me the most is the purify AAR.

I also use Stryfe and AA a lot.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Cam97Cam97 Posts: 364
    The stun through the opponent's block is a powerful mechanic. If your debuff timers are running out, save a stun-thru-block (theres a short cooldown) and on most chamos that is a reliable for sure refresh and even more importantly a definite free opening.

Also he dominates shrug off champs.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Apoc + Cable + Prof X.
    Done 😊
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Apocalypse heavy attacks refresh the timers for the debuff his sp1 and 2 places on enemies. Just keep refreshing timer then do sp3 and the debuffs on enemy will remain for entire fight.

With Cable, Apocalypse starts fights with 4 prowess. If you throw in Stryfe, that just ups the damage.

Cable can stack his heavies against enemies with Apocalypse. Just parry, heavy enemy.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

I love using Apocalypse, and while he seems tricky at first, you learn very quickly. I'm gonna give the basics here, but there's a lot of nuance as to how you want to use him.

This is just how I use him, and I'm probably not even doing it the best way possible. But this has worked for me. If anybody has more tips, let me know too! Always happy to refine my Apoc-ing

Apocalypse has a few major Mechanics. First, Genetic Code: Every time you defeat a non Robot, you get a stack of Genetic Code (if you enter a fight against a mutant, you get an additional 2, so do 1 fight against a mutant, and you're at max stacks). This is persistent and follows you from fight to fight. For each Genetic Code on you (max 4), you get a Prowess, giving you stronger special attacks. Also at 4 GC, you can stun your opponent through block by hitting them with a light attack (there's a cooldown on this). There's more to it, but again, I'm giving the basics.

His special 1 and 2 attacks put a different debuff on the opponent depending on if you chain from a medium or light attack. If he's fighting a mutant or has 4 GC, he does both. Now, this is where his damage really starts to ramp up. If your opponent is suffering from a Weakness, Poison, Degen or Concussion, each hit in your Special Attack gets stronger. So the more of these you have on them, the better when you launch a special.

If you launch a special with Apocalypse against an opponent with a Damage over time effect, the Debuffs from the specials activate right away, and last longer. His heavy causes bleed and refreshes his Special Attack debuffs, so it's a good way to get a DOT on them right away.

So, all of this info in mind, I find the best way to use Apoc is to build to just under an SP2 (give yourself a little space on the meter, because you're still gonna hit them a bit), Heavy attack the opponent and then chain into an SP1. This is going to put the bleed on them, then a Debuff (poison or weakness), then rush back to an SP2. Use your heavy attacks to keep the Debuffs refreshing on the opponent. Hit them with the SP2, and if that fight isn't over, rush to SP3 (Refreshing debuffs along the way), hit them with that and your Debuffs become permanent and double in potency.

Realistically, you could just hit them with an SP1 or SP2 and then keep going with the SP1s and 2s because that bonus damage gets juicy!

There's a lot more to him, and I highly suggest watching Dave's Deep Dive on him. I haven't even touched on how he empowers other Mutants with his Horsemen synergies, how he can become immune to some debuffs, or how he heals between fights you don't use him in if he's awakened.

Happy Horsemen-ing!

You’ve been waiting to say this huh?
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike taking copious notes from DNA

Cool breakdown! Thanks for sharing