Mythic crystals community reception

Curios on how everyone feels about them so far now that they’ve been out a few months

Mythic crystals community reception 99 votes

Happy
9%
rockykostonNo_oneukDarkEternityJollyHawkTimeGenesisRiptideScarcity27TyphoonUnitboy 9 votes
Annoyed (or unhappy)
17%
RaganatorScottryanNanoDroidMreyay2234Raichu626RamOnTheLakeMobile_P0tat0MiStaLovadump_monkeyHera1d_of_Ga1actusUsername19273SoulOfDarknessGarrettNSkyLord7000Sparty6KablMrSakuragi 17 votes
Happy but wish they were more lavish with shards
49%
mmmbanyasDrenlinzuffyGK_23RotellyGarloWerewrymSandeepSArchdemon_Ackbar67IamTryingMyBestrcm2017Texas_11LibertyPrimeV1cx23433Colonaut123brandinhospiderbites0196Jeromix_2ndAMS94 49 votes
Annoyed wish they’d give them to lower tier players
9%
buffajrGmonkey_Sham_TRONG94RenaxqqSkjornShenkOoooiiiiieeeeeeJC10100 9 votes
Other
14%
DrZolaMr_PlatypusJackd1989Maverick75KerneasLiquidkoldForumName123Colinwhitworth69laserjohn26UvoginHoitadoD0ctor_SSirGamesBondLBN1 14 votes

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Member Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Happy
    Maybe I didn't see the choices correctly.

I'm happy but yeah the shards are very hard to come by right now. It's not like it's a guaranteed 6* champ, we all know it'll be a 5* 95% of the time.

I honestly don't care about 5* anymore, maybe just the new ones.
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    Other
    I couldn't care less for these crystals
  • RunavargrRunavargr Member Posts: 180 ★★
    I like them but ya def wish we had more opportunities for the shards.
  • Captain_MonticaCaptain_Montica Member Posts: 317 ★★
    I got 6 star ultron out of my only mythic
    But i would go for 6 star shards or cavs all day over mythic
  • D0ctor_SD0ctor_S Member Posts: 42
    Other
    I think it's an idea that would have been great in 2018/19 but is out of step with how the game is now for most players Cav and above.

Drip feeding the shards in a manner that appears to value them over 6* shards is just weird and offering them in a daily card (in place of the better valued 6* card with 10 Cav Nexus as opposed to the 5 in that offer) is just stupid.

The only way I could see them becoming semi-relevant to people with a developed roster is if they are offered in the crystal store for units as a step up from featured Cavs (which would cause other problems)
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★

I’d agree but I feel like they’re being treated like 6* shards when they’re not cause you gotta think
    50k mythic shards = 1 6* basic in likely value
    I love chance based crystals but they could let even just the cavs open 1 a month which would mean about 2 extra 6* champs in a whole year so they could give some more shards out for sure

Exactly my thoughts, I usually open around 2 6*s a month, so at the moment it hasn’t been too impactful and won’t be until they tune the shard amounts up.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Member Posts: 774 ★★★
    Yeah, I mean its not terrible, but Im not going to expect a 20% 6* champ out of these, which is why I never buy those 20% chance offers in the store. thats still 80% chance of a 5*, and even if i got lucky on the 20%, it sometimes includes a champ I have a max signature level at 6* and rather not chance it.
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Member Posts: 417 ★★★
    Other
    Not opened one yet, expecting to always pull 5* as I never get any luck with getting the higher rarity out of these types of crystals
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Other
    Gacha treats at their finest. I don’t find these enticing.

Dr. Zola
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Member Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Annoyed (or unhappy)
    In theory they're better than 5* shards, but you actually get enough 5* shards to open something.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    If they didn't treat the shards as being 6* shards and put them out closer to the rate of 5* shards I might care about them more. As is its basically building up a 5* crystal over months which is just silly. Put them out as a higher tier cav crystal as has been said or up the shards to one or two crystals a month and I like them a bit more. Then factor in my rng luck and they're as valuable as 5* shards to me minus the ability to target featured champs.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Member Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Other
    Don’t really see the point in them with the way they’re treating the shards as if they’re considerably more valuable than 6* shards.
    Though to be clear, I don’t want other rewards taken away just to increase how many of these shards we get, I just think they should be considered about as rare as 5* shards for high level players
  • RaganatorRaganator Member Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Annoyed (or unhappy)
    I think Kabam, or their marketing team, is placing a much higher value on the crystals than players are (at least Thronebreakers). Same happened with the crystals with a 20% at a 5*. Kabam just seems to be behind by about 6 months.