**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Lack of Joe Fixit Gameplay on Youtube/discussion

Hey all,

I know Joe Fixit can be a forgettable champ because he was essentially useless his entire time in this game. But his buff actually looked pretty significant and I feel like he is still being slept on. He has so much utility, for example:

Buffs:
1) poison immune
2) gains life steal
3) gains increased attack
4) gains increase combat power rate
5) gains increased block pen
6) gains increased buff duration
7) gains increased crit rating
8) can straight up just have power gain
9) can gain armor pen

Debuffs:
1) Inflict weakness
2) Inflict Disorient
3) inflict petrify
4) on special can inflict bleed
5) special two inflicts 100% stun

With all of this utility, how is there no discussion about him? The nice thing is that you can choose exactly what you want in most cases as well, making him very versatile.

I know he might be confusing to learn and play, but once you master him I feel like he could be taken into a lot of different fights and excel.

Comments

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,995 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I really like his buff. I’ve been wanting to see some gameplay and analysis but outside of @TheManMythLegend, I’m just hearing crickets.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I have messed with him a little, but not nearly enough to make any conclusions. I have a problem that nearly a third of my 20 R3s are science - so it’s hard to justify ranking
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    @Chitlins the consensus I have found is, he needs to be awakened.

If you have a duped Fixit, go for it.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Have a 6R1 (recently) duped Joe Fixit.
    I've only used him a few rounds in Arena, and then brought him along for one AQ.

So far, seems pretty decent. But I don't think I enjoy using him.

My reasoning?

In order to get the Flush (for Petrify), playing buffed Joe Fixit feels like I am fighting against Phase 1 Grandmaster. You don't gain Blunders, and you don't gain Competence, but it feels similar to me.

You have certain actions that are essentially banned - ie. If you are stacking Spades (combo medium), you can't heavy, light combo, or well-timed block. Of course, you don't get penalized for doing a 'banned' action, aside from needing to restart your Suit cycle. But, at the same time, you have to worry about your power level (if you're aiming for SP1 or SP2), while you are doing these actions.

You could also just well time block it 4x and then use your special, but who wants to play like that? If I can parry 4 times in order to guarantee 4 Diamonds for a Petrify, CapIW + Tech is better because of Perfect Block and does not need to use a special. Same thing goes for Weakness.

He's definitely a good buff, but doesn't move the needle for me.