**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who likes the new nodes

DeliDeli Posts: 353 ★★★
Idk how I feel about them, what y’all think on the new eq cav nodes

Comments

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    For the most part, I don't think they are the problem but rather that the counters for them are both abundant and slim. What I mean is, the pool of champions that gets a bonus is very small while the pool of champions that can get through them without getting any bonuses is fairly large. For me at least, that often led to a situation where I had the right counters but rarely got any bonuses, which made things really slow and tedious, which in turn made the EQ quite a slog.

I think a few of the nodes could use some tweaks. For example, the one where you stun the defender by evading their attack and then have to knock them down with a heavy could really use a longer stun duration since I found it really, really hard to get back in and charge up a heavy in under a second.

There were also some weird path designs. The one where you had to power drain the opponent to get charges had a King Groot on the path, who is immune to power drain. That was just annoying. He's not a hard defender to fight but I ended up wasting charges instead of gaining new ones just before the boss, which was annoying.

In the end, I do think that most of this month's EQ can be solved by giving people a bigger pool of champions to choose from. I think that was the root of so many problems this month.
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    Not me i dont liked the tag for qe its not a variant...
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Not me i dont liked the tag for qe its not a variant...

Variants punish not taking the tagged champs.. eq doesnt
    I love the new nodes
  • GiomeGiome Posts: 170 ★★
    I love the new EQ design , if you use tagged champs you get a big attack increase but you can also just use whoever you like to get through, I don’t understand all the hate.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I liked it for the most part. The concept is great. Some nodes are well executed like the Avengers one. I steamrolled it with Hawkeye while barely dealing with any specials at all.

But some were annoying and a slog to get through like the evade one and the mercenary one.

• Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    I loved all the nodes except for NF chapter
  • FloorKillerFloorKiller Posts: 148 ★★
    Forcing us to rank weak champs just for tags isn't cool, kabam. Same about reparry chapter 😒
  • GiomeGiome Posts: 170 ★★

Forcing us to rank weak champs just for tags isn't cool, kabam. Same about reparry chapter 😒

That’s just not true, you can just use whoever you like don’t need to use the tagged champs if you don’t want to. The reparry chapter was definitely the toughest and I agree they should probably tune it down a bit, I still loved it though. Apoco can ignore most of it and two amazing champs like domino and Gwenpool are amazing for it too. Stop looking at tier lists and learn how to solve issues with what you have you’ll become a better player for sure.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I really wish the root ability looked better visually (talking mostly about Kraven here). Compared to MCOC’s astonishing graphics these animations feel like something just slapped on too Kravens kit that just looks awful…

Why use circles for traps, instead of actual traps?

Why doesn’t root act as a trap triggering?

Despite being a trapper root doesn’t look anywhere close to the rest of his kit.

As for gameplay, I’m excited that the devs are trying new things. Hawkeyes was a success (maybe time to make quick silver). And another interesting playstyle made recently was Howard the duck. It’s fun. Keep adding!!
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    Deli said:

Idk how I feel about them, what y’all think on the new eq cav nodes

I like the paths except for the Merc/GOTG chapter. That one needs work.
  • Aegon87Aegon87 Posts: 45
    i hate it
  • Greg2291Greg2291 Posts: 10
    Kabam putting nodes that require parry or re parry constantly when there's a huge bug with the dex and parry system is absurd and seems like a massive F you to be honest. This'll be the first cavalier difficulty I'll not be doing.
  • DjmagsDjmags Posts: 115
    I really like them
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    The nodes that help the champs are cool. The nodes that are going against us are trash. As usual kabam dropped the ball without testing something.

The spiderman one sometimes doesn’t even evade when unblockable, so I’m going into the boss with just 1 champ luckily I don’t suck or I’d be using revives like crazy.

The combos of champs you guys are using sometimes kinda are bad. Like the inhumans with Guardians. There is 1 hood guardian, 1 good inhuman (with karnak being mixed). Mercs you don’t have many, fantastic 4 there really is only 1 great one, 2 meh ones and another thst takes forever to build up damage.

You’re trying to appeal to your customers not repel them lol
  • AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Posts: 311 ★★
    Okay so I just finished chapter 1 of Cav EQ. I became cav last month so this is the first month I’m trying out Cav EQ. The nodes make the fights fun and really easy IF you have the right champions. I don’t have an expansive roster so it’s a bit more difficult for me. My highest champs are either 6*r1 or 5*r4. For 1.1 I just ignored the nodes and went with my normal questing team. Took a long time cause I was using Doom but I got through it eventually. 1.2 was much easier. I went in with my normal team plus 6*r1 Namor and he clutched it. He maxed the fights easy and they were fun. But the real problem is the bosses. You only get a limited amount of champs, and even more limited for me, it makes the bosses harder since you can’t use a real counter against them.
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 726 ★★★★
    I'm just blasting through it with Ghost and CGR. I didn't bother to read nodes after i realized the evade one was stupid.
  • JayedJoyJayedJoy Posts: 14
    Designing a node for a full chapter with reparry while we still have the input issues is just disgusting. If it didn't have unstoppable, it'd be tolerable. The AI kept throwing heavies on top of that.
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    At first I was not a fan. I have a pretty diverse roster but still found myself lacking in some tags that were needed. Once I decided to ignore the tags and just play around the nodes, I found I actually like this design. The nodes are not so punishing that you can’t work around them with strong champions, or you can bring the champions with the right tags and get nice bonuses. I’m fine with this setup, just takes some getting used to.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    JayedJoy said:

Designing a node for a full chapter with reparry while we still have the input issues is just disgusting. If it didn't have unstoppable, it'd be tolerable. The AI kept throwing heavies on top of that.

Read the node and take the right champ... Win