**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

GoldBlum Dr. Strange proves luck is the basis of this game - not skill

2»

Comments

• MisterNiceGuyMisterNiceGuy Posts: 184
    I have a duped magik at 3/30. Not wasting resources on 4* anymore. Makes no sense to replace a 5/50 on my team with a 3/30 to get thru one fight.

Can his sp2 be evaded? Sure but it's very difficult over and over. It's better to bait the sp1 right? Problem is he doesn't always just spam it the second it fills up. That's the LUCK part that I'm talking about. If you are lucky he spams it. But if you are unlucky he doesn't and most likely you will get slammed by the unblockable sp2 and that will heal block you and you are dead because you can't life transfer. That's why I started this thread - the BASIS of the game is luck - the AI reacting in a certain way in this situation - as opposed to skill which is a technical part. If you want to call it RNG that's fine too. Same thing to me.
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    There are plenty of issues worth complaining about in this game. The difficulty of this particular quest isn't on the list, though. I think what needs to be understood is how much power control is a part of the game. It's something Kabam has been slowly building up for some time now. So they've been adding more and more champs with those abilities, though in very different ways. It's just a matter of who you like and how you use them.

Vision is my favorite. But I found Voodoo more helpful. You also have Hawkeye, Dorm, Rogue and Magik as obvious power control champs, and even GR, though probably not as good as these others. I'm probably missing some.

Personally, I like this because it forces me to use a variety of champs. Same with Boss Rush. Different champs for different quests. It keeps things interesting and forces me to expand the champs I fight with.

So leave WS behind, or someone else. Surely you have at least one other option. Or, as others have suggested, learn to evade his sp2.
  • DagonelleDagonelle Posts: 13
    I don't understand your issue here. You state you want to take your favourite champs and complete it with skill yet you weren't able to (Docs sp2 can be evaded by the way). Whereas you openly admit a power control champ is required to make Doc easier to beat. You can't have it both ways. You have a power control champ but have ranked up others over him, that's on you and isn't the responsibility of the developers to cater to.
    Skill is about selecting the correct tools for the job, not just about how you use them.

Miike should have closed the thread here. Nothing else was needed
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    I have a duped magik at 3/30. Not wasting resources on 4* anymore. Makes no sense to replace a 5/50 on my team with a 3/30 to get thru one fight.

Can his sp2 be evaded? Sure but it's very difficult over and over. It's better to bait the sp1 right? Problem is he doesn't always just spam it the second it fills up. That's the LUCK part that I'm talking about. If you are lucky he spams it. But if you are unlucky he doesn't and most likely you will get slammed by the unblockable sp2 and that will heal block you and you are dead because you can't life transfer. That's why I started this thread - the BASIS of the game is luck - the AI reacting in a certain way in this situation - as opposed to skill which is a technical part. If you want to call it RNG that's fine too. Same thing to me.

If you don't want to use the right champs to beat certain content, then you will keep losing.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    .... There has to be a 5/50 on your team that isnt that effective. I would totally replace a terrible 5/50 champ for an effective 3/30.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Also...5/50 magik is not a waste of resources and won't be for some time. No matter the size of your roster...she is worth it.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Duped Magik 4/40 and waltzed through the entire Quest 4. Averaged well over 150 hits per opponent by the end of it. It takes skill and the right champs, not a higher challenger rating.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    if only there were a way to lock his power in place and stop him from gaining power, or maybe kabam could come up with a way to drain his power.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Qwerty wrote: »
    if only there were a way to lock his power in place and stop him from gaining power, or maybe kabam could come up with a way to drain his power.

but to find that people have yo try and study a champs abilitys how dare kabam try and force us to learn
  • Alright, now this is getting antagonistic for the sake of being antagonistic. Closing the thread down.
This discussion has been closed.