**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Immortal Abom or Cap IW

RunavargrRunavargr Posts: 180 ★★
edited December 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Trying to decide who to rank next, here’s the context:

-I run full suicides with a few points in assassin
-Both are duped however all my sig stones are being fed to void
-Working on throne breaker (on 6.2.6 champion fight)

My other option is quake but I’m def not tht great with her
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Wasy1Wasy1 Posts: 98
    Capiw
  • Options
    K_PK_P Posts: 137 ★★
    Cap IW easy
  • Options
    Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
    Caiw
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Personally, I’d go with iBom.
    Cap has become a little too generic for me; jack of all trades, master of none. Though even so, he is tanky af, has utility and packs a great punch.
    iBom is a master of Poison, and even against Poison immunes he has access to Acid Burn through his SP3. iBom also has great regen, Petrify and Unblockable when the opponent is under the effects of Acid Burn. And it’s soooo much fun to hit an Unblockable SP1.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Both great choices (I personally have both at 6* R3 and Cap at sig 180, where he will stay unless I naturally dupe him cause I'm not wasting a dupe at sig 200). Cap is much better at high sig than low, and iBom is much better than cap with suicides.

That being said, if you are not entirely turned off by the idea, definitely just try to learn quake. Take her in to quests with nick fury for the evade charges and just try her out on a variety of bosses. slowly move from parry heavy to full heavy-dex mode and eventually she will just become an absolute beast. Not the most "fun" champ, but one of the most reliable.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★

IBOM 100%. I use my 6* r3 IBOM all the time but rarely touch CAP IW. First, IBOM is suicide friendly and will heal with willpower throughout the fight. So, once you launch a SP2 and then keep launching those SP1s to refresh his acid, you won’t be punished by recoil. Also, he has amazing damage, is super tanky, doesn’t need any synergies, and doesn’t need awakening or high sig. His only weakness is poison immune champs, but all champs are better in some areas and worse in others.

Now, CAP IW is amazing and definitely worth ranking to r5 or r3, respectively. However, to get the amazing utility that makes CAP IW “god tier” he needs max sig. He’s definitely worth dropping sigs stones into though, because you may wait and wait to pull him and never do so.

Quake is quake. Definitely worth learning how to play her since she can, essentially, cheat through content. However, for higher health pools she becomes less viable because it takes so long to take down opponents.

Good luck!

I have Ibom r5 but my CapIW is r1 gathering dust. There are so many champs that do what he does without a brain-dead boring playstyle or take up a team spot. Unless there's some extremely niche node in the future where only him can work, he won't get ranked. Far too boring to play.
    Ibom on the other hand has been used in just about every game mode. He's a regular on my AW team (T5) I just don't use him in AQ because I have faster champs.
    Ibom > CapIW
  • Options
    Appreciate all the responses. I think I’ll end up with Iabom and then come back later for cap. Ty again
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Runavargr said:

You run full suicides and you’re feeding Void with your sig stones? If that the case I don’t think our suggestions should put a lot of emphasis on suicides IMO. I have both Ibom and Caiw but I use Caiw more often than I use Ibom and I run full suicides too. I know the comments so far favors Ibom and it makes sense especially cos he’s suicides friendly. However, Caiw still a great champ even not max sig. Tanky, and can give a beating. His play style is not restricted to parry-heavy as some people think. You can use him anyhow you like, throw any special you like. But like most champs, you can optimize his performance, adapt based on the opponent and nodes. He’s a versatile champ with so much utility. People talk about him like if he’s not max sig he’s not that useful and that’s a lie. What you miss out is guarantee chance for some of his kit, yet we love some good champs that doesn’t have guaranteed chance on everything including main abilities eg. AA.

@Squirrelguy said he has him at sig 180 and he’s gonna be at the bench cos he’s not max sig.
    They’ll me if this chance is useless or anything to disregard

• Options
    J0eySn0w said:

Runavargr said:

You run full suicides and you’re feeding Void with your sig stones? If that the case I don’t think our suggestions should put a lot of emphasis on suicides IMO. I have both Ibom and Caiw but I use Caiw more often than I use Ibom and I run full suicides too. I know the comments so far favors Ibom and it makes sense especially cos he’s suicides friendly. However, Caiw still a great champ even not max sig. Tanky, and can give a beating. His play style is not restricted to parry-heavy as some people think. You can use him anyhow you like, throw any special you like. But like most champs, you can optimize his performance, adapt based on the opponent and nodes. He’s a versatile champ with so much utility. People talk about him like if he’s not max sig he’s not that useful and that’s a lie. What you miss out is guarantee chance for some of his kit, yet we love some good champs that doesn’t have guaranteed chance on everything including main abilities eg. AA.

@Squirrelguy said he has him at sig 180 and he’s gonna be at the bench cos he’s not max sig.

Just always been a fan of void. I’m obviously fully aware of the effect with suicides but I may switch in the future. He doesn’t get much use now obviously
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

Runavargr said:

He's definitely not on the bench. A 93% chance of something happening is still incredibly likely. Most of the time, that means once or maybe twice in a single fight (for it to follow statistics, I would have to parry 14 times and it would still apply 13 times) I also usually do not entirely rely on his debuffs, or a single debuff, but on the accumulation of a lot of debuffs from multiple classes.

I would much prefer missing a couple non-damaging debuffs over an entire quest to the possibility of flushing 10k 6* shards down the toilet.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,153 ★★★★★
    Ibom is fun and good.