**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is direct damage and Degeneration not the same thing?

Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
edited December 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I was using my new 6* r2 Mister Negative and he healed from starburst but when I went to a fight that a direct damage node he didn’t heal. Degeneration is described as direct damage so maybe I am just not seeing something?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Degeneration deals direct damage, but not all direct damage comes from degenerate effects
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    The map 6 degeneration node was renamed to direct damage once champs that interacted with degeneration came out.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    It's the rectangle-is-not-necessarily-a-square-but-a-square-is-by-definition-a-rectangle thing. Degeneration deals direct damage, but other things do too.

Edit: Also, very jealous of your 6* Mr. Negative..... He is about to go up to 5/65 for me because I don't anticipate getting the 6* any time soon.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I was using my new 6* r2 Mister Negative and he healed from starburst but when I went to a fight that a direct damage node he didn’t heal. Degeneration is described as direct damage so maybe I am just not seeing something?

Yeah you need to check the node description. If it says direct damage he won’t regen, if it says degeneration then he will.

Even some nodes like Bane when it transfers to you it’ll say “degeneration” on the screen but it isn’t degeneration damage. That’s a call back to a bygone age where, as @Mobile_P0tat0 points out, these nodes used to deal degeneration damage, but were updated to deal direct damage