**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW season 31

Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
1. You said that you are going to rotate the defense tactic every season for expert maps, so why do you keep high ground for another season?
2. I think you missed the point with path9 when you have need different immunities for section1 and Section2, especially if opponent ban ghost (as expected)

Comments

• RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
    Carmel1 said:

1. You said that you are going to rotate the defense tactic every season for expert maps, so why do you keep high ground for another season?
    2. I think you missed the point with path9 when you have need different immunities for section1 and Section2, especially if opponent ban ghost (as expected)

Kingpin with Hood goes brrrrt
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Carmel1 said:

What tier do you play in? I haven’t heard anyone mention banning ghost
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★

Carmel1 said:

It’s the new addition to AW. Each alliance can choose 3 champs to ban on the opponent team.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Carmel1 said:

Carmel1 said:

It’s the new addition to AW. Each alliance can choose 3 champs to ban on the opponent team.
    I know, I’m surprised to see someone mention banning ghost, that’s why i was wondering what tier you’re in
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Now they're adding another unstoppable node ...
    Just remove attacker bans and global nodes altogether. Still haven't learn from the previous AW season's feedback ...
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I think they are trying to make the deaths in war go back up to where they used to be a long time ago. Deaths are so small between top tier it really comes down to which champs you have and who makes a mistake first. Not to mention constant stress.

Hercules?=win
    Doom ? =win
    Torch ? = win
    Magneto= win

This pushes the rpg element of where you would be able to manipulate your opponent into making bad decisions , or forcing their rosters. We also should see tricky defenders become valuable again? Most people don't even rank for defense anymore.

More importantly , this forces you to be skilled.

I play gold 1 , but would be interested in a master push with this new format, as I love being able to play chess.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    High Ground is just their new cash cow as @Ebony_Naw said. It's a rubbish tactic that does nothing other than force you to use items.
    I am divided on the changes to certain nodes with Prowess just being thrown everywhere on Path 6 and the Path 1/2/3 mini having too many nodes, but will wait to try it first
    High Ground not being removed is just to suck out potions from the player base.

They have a month for war season, I really hope they reconsider High Ground.
  • JC10100JC10100 Posts: 44

High Ground is just their new cash cow as @Ebony_Naw said. It's a rubbish tactic that does nothing other than force you to use items.
    I am divided on the changes to certain nodes with Prowess just being thrown everywhere on Path 6 and the Path 1/2/3 mini having too many nodes, but will wait to try it first
    High Ground not being removed is just to suck out potions from the player base.

They have a month for war season, I really hope they reconsider High Ground.

you tagged the wrong player... @Ebony_Naw and @Eb0ny-O-M4w are different people
    edited December 2021
    Honestly, just thinking about it again, High Ground is definitely making me want to stop planning war. It's becoming more of a chore to plan war when you know that no matter what, you're going to use items to heal due to no fault of your own. And the potion system is just garbage on its own.
    Maybe Higher Bracket folks might find it fine, but it's a useless tactic and I have no idea why Kabam keeps wanting to use it even when the playerbase has said that it's bad. There is no attacker tactic that helps against it as well.
    edited December 2021
    Ebony_Naw said:

Honestly, just thinking about it again, High Ground is definitely making me want to stop planning war. It's becoming more of a chore to plan war when you know that no matter what, you're going to use items to heal due to no fault of your own. And the potion system is just garbage on its own.
    Maybe Higher Bracket folks might find it fine, but it's a useless tactic and I have no idea why Kabam keeps wanting to use it even when the playerbase has said that it's bad. There is no attacker tactic that helps against it as well.

Yup. I’d be much more ok with it if there was an attacker tactic that
    1. Every ten hits reset the high ground timer
    2. Every five hits of your combo meter grants you an extra five hits of combo meter. Would be crazy for some champs like Aegon and G2099, but also makes it that a single combo keeps High Ground under control. Alternatively, they could switch the combo meter to 5 instead of 10, or go crazy and make it 7.

I’m sure others will have better ideas, but this is just what came to mind. Regardless, something needs to be done imo to make it less of a question of who has more items.
    They could also have a tactic that gives you added energy Resistance based on your combo. Or something of the sort.
    The biggest problem is the AI. Without AI cooperation and being perfect at intercepts, you're just going to take a ton of damage for no reason. I've used Rulk vs Surfer on Hazard shift mini. Despite Rulk arguably being one of the best counters to the node, I could never keep the charges down and Surfer had like 4-5 charges at the end of the fight. Which is ridiculous. It shouldn't be a game of take the highest damage champs and just nuke the defense down using CMM or something like that.

Honestly, scrap the tactic. Never a fan of nodes that make your take unneeded damage.
    thepiggy said:

Having tough globals make less sense now that we have attacker bans. Make them mild or get rid of them, the planning for s31 is burning out a lot of officers.

Yup. There are some officers who may like the planning, but having to consider 200+ champs, then their interaction with the nodes, then counters who can also work on the node, and then this global is just a chore. Strategy should be fun, not a chore.