**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sp2099 is he worth?

Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 522 ★★★
edited December 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I know he has his uses being that he doesn't get buffs for certain nodes or match ups. Aside from that does he really bring anything to the table? I was unimpressed by his damage, but I perhaps I'm missing something. Seemed like a lot of set up and upkeep to maximize damage.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Amazing passive power control, immune to buffs. You want to keep stacking debuffs and pausing them with dex to build damage on the sp2.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    He needs some skill to play with but he's definitely worth it. Best Spidey in the game and for me, top 3 science champ.
  • Options
    FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    He's a cool champion.
    Slightly overrated IMO, but he puts some solid work in matchups where people tend to use him.
  • Options
    Perhaps I'll work on him then. Is he better than red guardian? The not getting buffs thing would be the main appeal to me.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    S2099's pros:
    buff immune
    heavy attack reach is a single hit and it dashes quite far, easy to punish defender
    has solid synergies (especially with anti-venom to start the fight with a wither debuff)
    passive power control
    great when the AI is aggressive
    can stack lots of debuffs
    can essentially be suicide friendly in matchups with true strike
    if played correctly, he does HUGE damage

cons:
    kinda need a high sig level on him to achieve maximum damage

With all that said, personally I have him 6* duped at sig 80 and took him to R3. If you're still unsure, karatemike has some really good gameplay videos showcasing the damage potential, rotation, etc.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 846 ★★★★
    He's really good - as others have said he really benefits from a high Sig. The only downside I've found is that if the Defender is being extremely passive then it is harder for him to pause the Debuffs. I think he's possibly swung from being underrated to maybe a tiny bit overrated, but not by much.

One of the better characters from this year.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Perhaps I'll work on him then. Is he better than red guardian? The not getting buffs thing would be the main appeal to me.

Well, they aren't really comparable champions since they are meant to perform different tasks. Yes, they both are meant to counter buff-punishing match-ups, but RG is more about countering Unstoppable champs while S2099 is more about countering Power Gain champs (however, S2099 does have a Slow on his sp3 that can effectively be always up if the opponent is aggressive).
    RG's sp2 can be outright devasting if you have max durability and it crits (his crit rating is too low for my taste), my 6r3 sig200 can easily dish out 47-67K sp2s (counting the Trauma damage) and if you are ever in a situation where you can maintain multiple trauma debuffs, the damage is nutty. However, he needs his awakened and sig200 to be reliable. His perfect block is also amazing.
    S2099 is also great for regen matchups with the Despair mastery and his sp2 is also pretty hard-hitting with the Physical Damage it causes.
    I wouldn't really say one is better than the other since I'm using them for different purposes, but if I did have to pick one, it'd probably be S2099.
    I have both at 6r3, though my S2099 is still unawakened.
  • Options

Well, they aren't really comparable champions since they are meant to perform different tasks. Yes, they both are meant to counter buff-punishing match-ups, but RG is more about countering Unstoppable champs while S2099 is more about countering Power Gain champs (however, S2099 does have a Slow on his sp3 that can effectively be always up if the opponent is aggressive).
    RG's sp2 can be outright devasting if you have max durability and it crits (his crit rating is too low for my taste), my 6r3 sig200 can easily dish out 47-67K sp2s (counting the Trauma damage) and if you are ever in a situation where you can maintain multiple trauma debuffs, the damage is nutty. However, he needs his awakened and sig200 to be reliable. His perfect block is also amazing.
    S2099 is also great for regen matchups with the Despair mastery and his sp2 is also pretty hard-hitting with the Physical Damage it causes.
    I wouldn't really say one is better than the other since I'm using them for different purposes, but if I did have to pick one, it'd probably be S2099.
    I have both at 6r3, though my S2099 is still unawakened.
    Good to know, thanks!
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,158 ★★★★★

He's a cool champion.
    Slightly overrated IMO, but he puts some solid work in matchups where people tend to use him.

Overrated?!
  • Options
    DawsMan said:

He's a cool champion.

Overrated?!
    Yes💀, nothing against Mike but after he started bringing him into war and using him, people have been all over him for war. He's a cool champion don't get me wrong, but for non-true strike matchups, their are better options for majority of the placements.
  • Options

DawsMan said:

He's a cool champion.

Overrated?!
    Yes💀, nothing against Mike but after he started bringing him into war and using him, people have been all over him for war. He's a cool champion don't get me wrong, but for non-true strike matchups, their are better options for majority of the placements.
    He fills a lot of gaps, super reliable for annoying mystics, esp with attacker bans he's quite the champ. I don't have him so can't speak to his abilities but Mike's videos are quite comprehensive and any showcase on him really shows the true value of champ. He's certainly not overrated imo.
  • Options
    DawsMan said:

DawsMan said:

He's a cool champion.

Overrated?!
    He fills a lot of gaps, super reliable for annoying mystics, esp with attacker bans he's quite the champ. I don't have him so can't speak to his abilities but Mike's videos are quite comprehensive and any showcase on him really shows the true value of champ. He's certainly not overrated imo.
    Before I start getting hate, I said my opinion and stand by it. Feel free to digress.
  • Options

DawsMan said:

DawsMan said:

He's a cool champion.

Overrated?!
    Before I start getting hate, I said my opinion and stand by it. Feel free to digress.
    That's fine, I didn't mean for my comment to sound hateful. Just from what I've seen (and I'm sure we've been seeing different things) I would think that he's underrated.