**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Digestible solution to 6* AG issue

SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
edited December 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Final day store is open offer:
Thronebreaker: 5* generic AG 1k units
Cavalier: 5* class specific AG 1k units
Uncollected: 5* awakening gem crystal 1k units

Thronebreaker don’t much care for 5* generic. Most of us just traded them all in for 1 random 6* AG or got kinda shafted for not hoarding. I’ve awakened quite a few champs simply because gems were expiring

Cavs should have access to the 6* AG at a cost likely expensive to them while sacrificing something still likely useful to them.

And so on.

There is a limit on the AGs so it’s not like a TB could buy multiple with thousands of units.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    So your total pricing for 1 6* AG is about 5k units... Under 200 dollars .. its very optimistic...
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Coppin said:

So your total pricing for 1 6* AG is about 5k units... Under 200 dollars .. its very optimistic...

For a TB? Other TBs spent 5 generics for 1 AG. 5 5* generics to a TB are a 0$ value….
    1k units is more valuable to a TB than 5 5* generic gems.
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    I agree with this. Maybe make the purchase limit 1, or 2 maximum, since I think it would include those on the cusp of a 6* gem, who are still in the category of ‘I don’t use 5*s anymore so I don’t find 5* gems that valuable’ but still obviously use them on a new champion if they’re interesting etc.
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    Or rather than ‘dont use 5*s’, just ‘my focus is 6* and so I don’t rank up 5*s much anymore’. You get the idea. People in that boat
  • Options
    Hazzalec said:

Or rather than ‘dont use 5*s’, just ‘my focus is 6* and so I don’t rank up 5*s much anymore’. You get the idea. People in that boat

Exactly. I’ve awakened multiple 5* champs simply because I had an AG expiring. I never leveled these champs. But it felt odd to let it expire. This was obviously pre cap removal.
  • Options

Coppin said:

For a TB? Other TBs spent 5 generics for 1 AG. 5 5* generics to a TB are a 0$ value….
    It doesnt matter what progression you are... 1000 units are 1000 units...
    3 feat cav and change
    33 energy packs and change..
    And so on

I am not saying its worth more or less, i am comparing it to a 6* Generic Ag that "cost" or was behind a 15k paywall... Yeah there was a lot of items before u could buy it and were worth the other units... But still to get it u had to have 18k units...
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    KaLikOT said:

Hazzalec said:

Exactly. I’ve awakened multiple 5* champs simply because I had an AG expiring. I never leveled these champs. But it felt odd to let it expire. This was obviously pre cap removal.
    How can 5 star awakening gems expire when they do not go to overflow? They have no limit.
    There used to be a limit. When there was. I had them expiring….
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

3 feat cav and change
    And so on

I am not saying its worth more or less, i am comparing it to a 6* Generic Ag that "cost" or was behind a 15k paywall... Yeah there was a lot of items before u could buy it and were worth the other units... But still to get it u had to have 18k units...
    What I think you’re either missing or just disagreeing on is the fact that 5* gems have immense value to some and no value to others. I have 12 gems of various class(or generic) I’d gladly trade all 12 for a 6* AG. I’ll never use them for anything else.
    Being that a 6* AG previously was behind a 15k paywall isn’t relevant to it being behind a 5, 5* generic paywall now.
  • Options
    Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    edited December 2021

Hazzalec said:

But u could awaken just those that expires and leave others. I had 4-7 gems at some classes before trade event
  • Options
    Bpn88855 said:

Hazzalec said:

But u could awaken just those that expires and leave others. I had 4-7 gems at some classes before trade event
    Did exactly that. Fell short. Used 3 expiring mystic and 1 mutant. 1 of either would have been enough in this case.
  • Options

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

3 feat cav and change
    And so on

What I think you’re either missing or just disagreeing on is the fact that 5* gems have immense value to some and no value to others. I have 12 gems of various class(or generic) I’d gladly trade all 12 for a 6* AG. I’ll never use them for anything else.
    Being that a 6* AG previously was behind a 15k paywall isn’t relevant to it being behind a 5, 5* generic paywall now.
    The value was the same until this trade store came out... The reason why the value was the same is that the acquisition of champs is based on RNG.
    Thats where the player decision comes, u could have used them just cause u wanted or save them.
    This trade store just upped the value by a lot.
    Lets say there was an offer for money.. 1 generic 5* AG for 24.99 dollars before the trade store u would have thought.. "That's crazy at this stage of the game" .. If they put one today for 49.99 and u r only missing 1 you might actually consider buying it.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    They're not going to give us units, no matter how much we beg.
  • Options
    Perhaps the 6* ag should be given depending on how many 5* ag you've acquired total and have an event to attain a tad more. The way the trade-in is currently structured assumes and/or rewards those that hoard their gems and goes against their principle on hoarding. I've used my gems on advancement events for points with no premonition of this trade-in event because my roster has transitioned to 6*s. This among other issues questions their integrity which is no bueno. On the verge (just saying).
  • Options

Perhaps the 6* ag should be given depending on how many 5* ag you've acquired total and have an event to attain a tad more. The way the trade-in is currently structured assumes and/or rewards those that hoard their gems and goes against their principle on hoarding. I've used my gems on advancement events for points with no premonition of this trade-in event because my roster has transitioned to 6*s. This among other issues questions their integrity which is no bueno. On the verge (just saying).

Advancement event rewards are too low to even consider using a AG; but thats my opinion
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Advancement event rewards are too low to even consider using a AG; but thats my opinion
    What about AGs that were used because they were expiring. How is that the fault of the summoner. You keep glossing over that
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

What about AGs that were used because they were expiring. How is that the fault of the summoner. You keep glossing over that
    Expiring 5* gems never existed.

• Options

Coppin said:

I don’t want to continue searching thru millions of screen shots but yes there was
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

I don’t want to continue searching thru millions of screen shots but yes there was
    I don’t see a limit. Searching through a million screenshots wouldn’t change the fact they never had a limit. And that screenshot says nothing when it could’ve been taken today; any item with no limit says the same look at platpool pieces, sigil credits, act 5 keys etc.
  • Options

Coppin said:

So you are trying to tell me that he timed class catalyst with advancement event and expiration....
    Hmm btw i am answering him not u.. hrnce the quote...
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

So you are trying to tell me that he timed class catalyst with advancement event and expiration....
    But again you’re putting value on something that some people see no value in. 5* AGs, especially class specific, have no value to a lot of people. They’re literally throw always. You said “too low to consider on AG on” a 5* class gem is less useful than a t1 iso to some people. So if people used them for advancement or for item use that might have been, and probably was, the ONLY use they could find for them. Now it’s turned into something that miraculously has a wonderful use.
    There’s not much point in going back and forth anymore tho. I said my piece. I’ll leave it there. Fact is, and it’s not disputable, if you boarded all your AGs it was a good idea. Counter to the ever narrative that you shouldn’t hoard.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    People really shouldn't go out of the way of their normal habits either way because of this. It wasn't designed with the intentions of getting people to save everything. It was designed with the intentions of allowing the people who aren't using them to begin with, to get some use from them. It's neither encouragement or discouragement.
    Personally I'll never subscribe to the idea that only Ranking and Awakening one Rarity is the best option to play, but I still respect that it's how some people choose to play. I certainly wouldn't suggest people ignore uses that could help them in lieu of the Trade-In down the line either.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    I can understand why people afer miffed. 6 star awakening gems are extremely rare, I had obtained 1 in 4 years. Now 2 because RNG went in my favour.
    I'll never open a 3-4 star awakening gem crystal ever again. I'll refrain from using 5 star gems as well. The pay off for holding them is too high.

• Options

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

But again you’re putting value on something that some people see no value in. 5* AGs, especially class specific, have no value to a lot of people. They’re literally throw always. You said “too low to consider on AG on” a 5* class gem is less useful than a t1 iso to some people. So if people used them for advancement or for item use that might have been, and probably was, the ONLY use they could find for them. Now it’s turned into something that miraculously has a wonderful use.
    There’s not much point in going back and forth anymore tho. I said my piece. I’ll leave it there. Fact is, and it’s not disputable, if you boarded all your AGs it was a good idea. Counter to the ever narrative that you shouldn’t hoard.
    The game is RNG based, 5* AG have value, if in your case they didnt i'm sorry i guess .
    Tell someone who has 100 6* but was never able to pull Nick Fury for example that a 5* Skill AG has no value... Its all RNG based starting from the acquisition of the champ u r going to spend that AG on.. so its RNG over RNG.
    There is a funny part about this trade store...
    There is people who open AG crystals hoping fot that 1 class that they don't have and continuo stacking up the class that they have the most...
    Those people finally caught a BIG BREAK.