**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Air walker

Master_mischief69Master_mischief69 Posts: 236 ★★
edited December 2021 in General Discussion
Hi guys, I got six star air walker, everyone told me he's meh tier, despite that I tried playing him with full synergies, 6 star R1 against ROL winter soldier (without suicides)
He has low damage, after few armor breaks it's good, his play style is not very good, for some good damage, armor break is required but keeping up armor break is pretty easy against WS but if we use him on any other quests it won't be possible, Without 3 persistent charge can't use SP3, fury on holding heavy is also not a good idea, it feels like we need more time than stun duration for that, dark tide, it isn't look anything special about it, I kept 5 armor breaks, highest critical rate I got is around 5k and it took 370 hits and he's almost at 10% health, but 6 star R1 king Groot without synergies took around 250 hits with full health LOL. Is he good for anything or is he have anything special, like usable in specific content or counter any nodes or he's total meh?! Hope he gets some buff.

Comments

• Options
    Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    That's the problem, Air-Walker is a ramp up champion. Air-Walker gets real funky once you get that 2nd additional power cosmic charge.

Also, you're supposed to charge the heavy once you're close to a special, cause that way you get the Unblockable and then you can throw the special. You're not supposed to parry, heavy then SP.

Knowing when to charge heavy is the main thing you want to learn when playing Air-Walker. It gets easier the more charges you have.
  • Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Is he good for anything or is he have anything special, like usable in specific content or counter any nodes or he's total meh?!

I would like to know the answer to this question. I took my 6 star to R2 before starting exploration of act 6 and variants, and now I just have to explore three quests (6.2.4-6) and V1 and I haven't found a single fight where I actually wanted to use him.
    I also have CGR at R2, but I would R3 Air-Walker over him in a second if only I could find a use for the flying herald :-(
  • Options
    Jaffa_Jaffa_ Posts: 33
    Air walker is pretty good once you get his 3 cosmic charges. Good damage is spam sp1 till you get a dark rinse passive, then use your sp3 for extra damage an regen an power gain. You can most of the time stun lock them with sp1 over an over with charge heavy an launch for unblockable until the galactus buff goes.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

Hi guys, I got six star air walker, everyone told me he's meh tier, despite that I tried playing him with full synergies, 6 star R1 against ROL winter soldier (without suicides)
    He has low damage, after few armor breaks it's good, his play style is not very good, for some good damage, armor break is required but keeping up armor break is pretty easy against WS but if we use him on any other quests it won't be possible, Without 3 persistent charge can't use SP3, fury on holding heavy is also not a good idea, it feels like we need more time than stun duration for that, dark tide, it isn't look anything special about it, I kept 5 armor breaks, highest critical rate I got is around 5k and it took 370 hits and he's almost at 10% health, but 6 star R1 king Groot without synergies took around 250 hits with full health LOL. Is he good for anything or is he have anything special, like usable in specific content or counter any nodes or he's total meh?! Hope he gets some buff.

Yeah he’s meh tier alongside doom, hercules, ghost, magneto, etc.
  • Options
    Also not a good place to test god walker. If you’re committed, bring someone to take the champ to like 5-10% and finish fight with god walker for the charge. I use him for incursions and ramp up in the beginning zones. Also he isn’t good be a hard hitter at r1, corvus will take the same amount of time when he’s not ramped up against a high healthpool. Btw, damage isn’t everything.

Air walker has a nice stun on sp1, unblockable specials, regen, dark tides, armor breaks, great power gain, and solid burst damage. Decent defender too if your alliance needs him. Wish his dark tides dealt more damage but nonetheless pretty solid when ramped up, not gonna have a fun time when he isn’t ramped however. He shines most during incursion runs with that sp1 stun lock. Also don’t forget, though his specials don’t hit like a truck, he throws them very consistently to the point the damage adds up.
  • Options

Also not a good place to test god walker. If you’re committed, bring someone to take the champ to like 5-10% and finish fight with god walker for the charge. I use him for incursions and ramp up in the beginning zones. Also he isn’t good be a hard hitter at r1, corvus will take the same amount of time when he’s not ramped up against a high healthpool. Btw, damage isn’t everything.

Air walker has a nice stun on sp1, unblockable specials, regen, dark tides, armor breaks, great power gain, and solid burst damage. Decent defender too if your alliance needs him. Wish his dark tides dealt more damage but nonetheless pretty solid when ramped up, not gonna have a fun time when he isn’t ramped however. He shines most during incursion runs with that sp1 stun lock. Also don’t forget, though his specials don’t hit like a truck, he throws them very consistently to the point the damage adds up.

Not gonna say he’s underrated but he’s not as bad as people say he is. Of course i love that boy, TB rank up and he’s an incursion beast, but of you don’t like how he works would just look past him and use him as a godly lucky charm
  • Options

• Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★

Kinda meh for a rank 2/3 (6) star
  • Options

Kinda meh for a rank 2/3 (6) star
    Exactly why i said remember he throws special attacks constantly. His power gain can be pretty neat.
  • Options
    Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    The effort required to ramp up and get benefits from Air Walker is roughly equivalent to the effort required to get benefits from a stair walker.

Don't come for me, the opportunity was too good to pass up.
  • Options

That’s an sp1 crit. Considering how fast he can get to an sp1 ramped up, that’s solid damage.