**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Which Tech 6 star to awake - Guili99 vs Ghost vs Guardian

_Sham__Sham_ Posts: 1,054 ★★★★
edited December 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I have R3 Guili99 and R2 Ghost but I have tough time to learn her play style.

But 2 days ago I pulled Guardian and today I R2d him.

Now I am wondering who will be worthy my tech AG, i can sig them to 108 right now and I can R3 any but I am not very comfortable with ghost style and also AI is less aggressive these days don't help.

Is Guardian worthy of it ?

Which Tech 6 star to awake - Guili99 vs Ghost vs Guardian 83 votes

Guili2099
3%
Spity68TheExit27willrun4adonut 3 votes
Ghost
56%
yossthanks4playingDeathlySHIELDplayer4520FrankWhiteMightyDZAMitriaxGogeta91199MelDanBanaDenzel116JChanceH9Mdf77JimmyBQacobMother_FlerkenkubricknolanKRANꓘUsername19273TRONG94WhoDaPoo 47 votes
Guardian
37%
winterthurMagicBentonhungryhungrybbqReferenceAdvPintzz10or_StrongColonaut123TheAngryOneMaxGamingRockypantherx_Sham_SquirrelguyConstantineNimorPdogg614houndogακιodishika123DracarusFerahgo 31 votes
Other
2%
mostlyharmlessnFoxhero007 2 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    I think it’s between ghost and guardian. You don’t seem to like ghost very much, so I’d suggest playing around with guardian a bit. If you like his play style, he is worthy of a gem.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    Use it on the champ that you play the most. Of the 3 Guardian will benefit the most from awakening.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Guardian
    _Sham_ said:

I’ve got a sig 200 R3 Guardian who I used a gem on, and invested sigs into over my Ghost (although my Ghost was already a decent sig to be fair). Never regretted it for a second, the man is a monster. Ghost is obviously better overall, but she doesn’t need it nearly as much.

The way to think about it like this: Ghost can still do everything she does unduped albeit slower. Guardian cannot take nearly as much block damage, bleed damage or energy damage unduped. If those are things you need he’s worth the gem and sigs

Thanks so much, I was waiting for this kind of detail to decide. I am leaning toward Guardin now. Should I pump all my 80 Generic sig on him ? or just wait a little. I have 38 Tech and 80 Generic sig stones
    When it comes to generic stones, it really comes down to what you’re working with and what you need. If you’re playing the prestige game, which I don’t think you are, but just in case, I would save them.

If you have another champ like Omega or Cap IW etc, they’re maybe worth the sigs a bit more

However, the fact that you have 80 generics sitting tells me that you probably don’t have another option you’re desperately trying to sig up, or at least, you don’t have a unable way to awaken a champ you would want to sig up

In that case, yeah I wound dump your sigs into him. Guardians sig really need to be very near max to get the most benefit out of it, so every sig stone counts. I put generics into mine and certainly don’t regret it, even if it took a bit longer to sig up my Angela afterwards.

Really it comes down to what you need within your roster, what resources you’re coming into soon, and whether you might be better served investing them elsewhere. Personally I think Guardian is one of the best sig stone and awakening gem targets in the game, but it’s all dependent on your account. But for what I see, Guardian looks like an excellent investment for you
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    Guardian
    Yes
  • Zippy_halliganZippy_halligan Posts: 173
    Ghost
    Ghost is better but if you like and use guardian you should awaken him. Tech sig stones i would say use on guardian but as for generics i would only use them on him if they were going to take him to sig200
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Guardian
    I would say guardian and get him to high sig because it is great for him, if not I'd get Darkhawk up and high sig
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Guardian
    Says it all in the post. You aren't feeling Ghost, so that points to Guardian. I love them both and have Guardian at s200 and Ghost at 180.

I do recommend putting in the practice time to learn Ghost though, it's been quite some time ago now, but when I first learned Ghost I spent hours practicing. I ran ROL with a full synergy team and kept running it again until I could clear the whole quest using only her, with the recoil active. Going through ROL teaches you most of what you need to know. The basics, then phasing recoil (assuming they fix it at some point) and then Wolverine teaches you the heavy spam method. By the time to make it to Hulk and kill him, you're a pretty solid Ghost player. It's worth it.

But give the gem to Guardian.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Guardian
    I vote guardian becoz he benefit the most from dupe among the 3 options mentioned by OP.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,070 ★★★★★
    Guardian
    TBH Guardian will get out of his Sig ability than others. I would said ghost but you said you are not comfortable with play style. And she actually don't need it. It makes her fights shorter and makes her special spam more short but she don't need it. Same goes for G2099. But guardian with high sig becomes very solid for the utility. If you are long term investor then Guardian and ghost are best choice here. But Guardian seems more reasonable
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    Ghost
    Ghost is much much much better than Guardian. I have both at sig 200 5* and I do use Guardian a lot, but ghost just covers much more of the game.

She's the best champion in the game rn.

I would recommend practicing with ghost until her playstyle becomes fluid. It may take a week or so, but it's worth the effort.

Ghost becomes much better awakened and at a decent sig. Her dmg goes up by a lot. At sig 108 she will get most of the beneift from her signature ability.

You would need Guardian to be sig 200 for the gem to be worth investing. He NEEDS sig 200 with how his sig scales. He gets most of his benefit from the last 10-20 signature levels. At sig 108 his sig level is borderline useless.

If you're going purely for what champ will help out the most in act 7 and other harder content, ghost is the best champion in the game. Compared to ghost, Guardian is just a good option to have, not the absolute best option almost 90% of the time like ghost is.

What I'm trying to say is, they aren't even comparable. If you really dislike ghost that much Guardian is still the 2nd best tech to give stones to, but that gap between ghost and Guardian is massive. I would at least try to learn ghost completely before spending such a valuable resource.
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    Ghost
    Btw between how much better ghost gets with her sig, I would much rather play a higher sig 5* ghost over an unawakened 6* ghost. She really does gain a lot from her sig.

Also tbh the reason I use Guardian a lot can be attested to mostly mole man, I don't actually use Guardian in fights too much. The extra 1000 block proficiency can be felt though, I absolutely love that synergy
  • BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★

You would need Guardian to be sig 200 for the gem to be worth investing. He NEEDS sig 200 with how his sig scales. He gets most of his benefit from the last 10-20 signature levels. At sig 108 his sig level is borderline useless.

This is a common misconception. Many see the graph of his sig scaling and see the steep curve near the end and assume that the last 20 sigs are essential, however this is not true. Firstly, the steep curve is only for energy resistance, which is measured by "rating" instead of a percentage. Ratings are subject to diminishing returns, so as a rating gets higher and higher, the increase in that rating's equivalent percentage (whether it be critical rating, critical damage rating, block proficiency, etc.) changes less. This is why there is no rating that equates an exact 100% chance, as there is an asymptote there.

Now, using this knowledge, if we look at Guardian's sig:
    from sig 20-40, his energy resistance goes from 1008.15 (33.5%) to 1313.12 (39.6%)
    sig 40-60 is 1313.12 (39.6%) to 1662.46 (45.4%)
    sig 60-80 is 1662.46 (45.4%) to 2074.34 (50.9%)
    sig 160-180 is 5012.03 (71.5%) to 6453.65 (76.3%)
    sig 180-200 is 6453.65 (76.3%) to 8591.92 (81.1%).

We can see that the differences between these values is relatively similar (in fact it decreases a little as the sig increases). This means that Guardian actually benefits relatively equally from any sigs you can give him, similar to other "straight-line" sigs, such as Omega Red and Ghost, which means any sig you invest into him will have equal value.
  • BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    In your case, sig 108 gets you 2801.52 (58.3%) energy resistance, while max sig is 8591.92 (81.1%), so while the rating numbers may look very far apart, the actual resistance percentage isn't as bad low as it would seem, though it is definitely not ideal. The 58% resistance is still very useful though, and by investing your tech gem into him, you can allocate further sig stones until you are happy with the sig level.