**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Abyss luke cage vs red skull

Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 635 ★★★
edited December 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Which one would cost less resources, using a good counter for luke cage and using aegon for red skull, or using aegon for luke cage and bringing in ronan for red skull?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, just trying to figure out which fight costs more revives. Aegon vs luke cage or Aegon vs red skull
  • Options
    UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    Which path and what is the rest of your team? Red skull can be done with doctor doom in about 6 revives, so don't need a special counter if you're getting doom. Luke Cage took me around 15-18 revives with unramped aegon.
  • Options
    @Uvogin It's either Path 2 or 3, not sure which goes to red skull and which one goes to green goblin. Right now my team is Aegon, torch, doom, warlock. The last spot is either someone to oneshot luke cage or red skull, that is stealthy or ronan. Just curious which one would be the better strategy
  • Options
    UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★

@Uvogin It's either Path 2 or 3, not sure which goes to red skull and which one goes to green goblin. Right now my team is Aegon, torch, doom, warlock. The last spot is either someone to oneshot luke cage or red skull, that is stealthy or ronan. Just curious which one would be the better strategy

Ok red skull is path 3. Since you have doctor doom, you can deal with red skull by keeping him above 2 bars of power and cycling sp3s. I'd suggest to go with stealthy but you'd have to ramp up Aegon elsewhere.
  • Options
    Okay, thanks for the help
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I used stealthy for one of my paths through Luke and aegon on the other two. Stealthy handles the fight better, but aegon will be set after the Luke fight and you can use your heavy unstoppable for easy intercepts assuming the stun chance rng doesn't ruin you.

If you do use stealthy, don't be like me and remember to reapply the pf if you need to revive.
  • Options
    Captain_MonticaCaptain_Montica Posts: 317 ★★
    You can cheese Red skull with ronan
    But it might take ages
  • Options
    A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★

Doom is good for red skull, just doom cycle and red skull will mostly remain above 2 bars. Took me 2 revives on my first go and maybe 3 on each of the other 2 runs
  • Options
    A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/273150/my-abyss-cost-breakdown

@Savage123456789 feel free to checkout a breakdown I made of my abyss run costs. The first time I fought red skull (path 3) was only 6 deaths because I had team revived before it and thrown my other 4 team members at it to get a feel for the fight (not doing much damage). Then did it in 2 revives with doom quite comfortably, gotta really turtle up and reparry to keep RS above 2 bars
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Aegon for like and Ronan for red skil
  • Options
    Lol, seems like the consensus is that it will cost less revives using doom on red skull than aegon on luke cage. So, I might use stealthy or shang chi on luke cage then doom on red skull