**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

OG Cap to get new VFX ahead of potential buff in February?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    If he's not getting the buff but only a facelift then it might be bcoz of the new genesis program to make the game feel like it's keeping up with the time
    If that's true then it's a completely unnecessary & unwanted change that will result in waste of time & resources of the team
    Any amount of VFX change is futile if the character doesn't get a proper update to his abilities
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

personally, I prefer solo champions we have in-game to get buffs than those we have multiple versions, some of them being very good. Of course a few exceptions like Iron and DPXF since their other versions are more like trophy champ and are not obtained normally. One reason Gamora buff was painful and annoying is we have 1 version of her and wasted the opportunity to make her relevant. But looking forward buffs to some of these old champs:
    Rocket Raccoon
    Drax
    Juggernaut
    Rhino
    Agent Venom
    Moonlight
    Elektra
    Nightcrawler could use a value update + utility
    Yondu, etc

I think the new MK series is coming soon
    Seriously hope we get a buff & not just a new MCU MK
    Same with Dr. Strange where the new one should only be Strange Supreme & not a movie version of Dr. Strange
    The older one needs a buff
    Releasing new versions of champs that are in dire need of a buff is probably one of the crapiest things to do
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

If he's not getting the buff but only a facelift then it might be bcoz of the new genesis program to make the game feel like it's keeping up with the time
    If that's true then it's a completely unnecessary & unwanted change that will result in waste of time & resources of the team
    Any amount of VFX change is futile if the character doesn't get a proper update to his abilities

This makes sense.

I believe however, we got excited because they kept touting Miles as having new VFX for his buff.

A quick blurb like that - what did they expect us to think. At least he came out and killed the rumor. Didn’t say why - just gave a Skrull shapeshifting “no”
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    A clearer time line plans would actually help the players in getting clarity. It need not be hard core promises or deliverables, but something on the lines of we're planning so and so, by this time. We can't promise we'll meet everything by then but we'll try our best. Plans with some more change/ play style specific details.
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★

I'm actually getting curious about the overall buff project. I can't help but wonder if they aren't trying to wind it down to the intermittent non-schedule we used to have. Just over the last few months we scaled down from 3 affected champs to two, now we're taking time off. Mind you this isn't a complaint, especially if they put more bodies into development and bug fixes.

They also took January off at the beginning of this year so I don't think we should worry about that for now.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

A clearer time line plans would actually help the players in getting clarity. It need not be hard core promises or deliverables, but something on the lines of we're planning so and so, by this time. We can't promise we'll meet everything by then but we'll try our best. Plans with some more change/ play style specific details.

That leads back to my original point, as we look back at some of the posts in this thread, you'll see that just from the statement of a VFX change and even Mike saying it's not a buff, people already discussing back and forth how much this feels like a buff and how come it's just Cap and not anyone else or what the implications are for future buffs, etc..

That was just from one little line in the patch notes, now imagine what would happen if they were to say "Hey we're thinking of buffing champs X, Y & Z..." just from that dialogue alone, even if it's not a full commitment, people are already going to start making plans to use their resources and rank up Champions before they even know what they're going to get and if they're not careful, then they're just setting themselves up for disappointment and then start complaining on the forums that they were lied to.. Even though nobody lied to them and they jumped the gun instead of being patient and seeing what the results were.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

Sorry to burst the bubble, but I know what happens when we let expectations get too high and then it doesn't amount to what was speculated.

Would you guys every do a champion update roadmap. Similar to how you guys did the 2022 story roadmap that gave hints about possible new champions.
    We kinda due for a roadmap for what is been done to the contest and what others things we expect and more importantly where is the wish crystals 😂