**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Buff paradox is broken

In 7.3.4 (Story, Cruel to be Kind), the Paradox - Buffs lane does not work as described. I receive 1 paradox when I dex an attack and get a precision buff, but I also gain a second paradox when I hit and consume the precision buff.

Since you can't get rid of paradox without hitting your opponent, this means that for this whole lane, you get 2 paradox any time you dex. Because you can only get rid of 1 paradox per combo, and you also get a buff any time you parry, this makes it almost impossible to control.

https://youtu.be/dlDvuqWIxZg

Comments

• Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,499 ★★★★★
    That’s because dex actually grants you two precision buffs. You get one indefinite precision when you dodge an attack, then that indefinite precision is removed when you land a hit and replaced with a precision of x duration based on how many point you have in dex.
  • Options
    GunterD_1GunterD_1 Posts: 18
    Wow that makes sense, but it seems like poor design on the node then. At least the interaction seems to me like this behavior wouldn't be expected or intended.
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,499 ★★★★★
    GunterD_1 said:

Wow that makes sense, but it seems like poor design on the node then. At least the interaction seems to me like this behavior wouldn't be expected or intended.

Dex working the way it does can be very annoying for emp mod, the node where you get power drained when you trigger buffs, and other situations. Idk if this was intended by the team but it does work the way it’s described.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    There are at least 3 posts about this node in the forums with the same replies saying that it works as intended. Did you get that info from a dev?
    The description says “… grants a X critical Rating buff that lingers for X seconds after your next hit”.
    There’s no mention of two buffs.
    Kabam has made changes to champ abilities in the past so there would be no ambiguity so I’d very much like this to be corrected one way or the other.
    As the OP says and I said on a separate post, this makes the node combination extremely unfair.
  • Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

There are at least 3 posts about this node in the forums with the same replies saying that it works as intended. Did you get that info from a dev?
    The description says “… grants a X critical Rating buff that lingers for X seconds after your next hit”.
    Kabam has made changes to champ abilities in the past so there would be no ambiguity so I’d very much like this to be corrected one way or the other.
    As the OP says and I said on a separate post, this makes the node combination extremely unfair.

Yes, there is. The description says that the precision buff will linger for X second after your first hit, so the buff has to be a permanent one to be able to stay until you hit the opponent, and then it has to be converted into an expiring one when you hit your opponent and the precision starts to expire. I know that it's a little complex to understand, but I can assure you that this is intended ^_^

Also, my english isn't the best, so if someone with better knowledge of the language could give a better explanation I would really appreciate ^_^
  • Options

Yes, there is. The description says that the precision buff will linger for X second after your first hit, so the buff has to be a permanent one to be able to stay until you hit the opponent, and then it has to be converted into an expiring one when you hit your opponent and the precision starts to expire. I know that it's a little complex to understand, but I can assure you that this is intended ^_^

Also, my english isn't the best, so if someone with better knowledge of the language could give a better explanation I would really appreciate ^_^
    Again, you’re inferring all that, saying that it’s intended with no actual proof. The description is clear: “it grants a”, meaning one, “that”, meaning that buff, “lingers”, meaning stays.
    Just because something has been one way for a while it does not mean that it’s correct.
  • Options
    @Shiroihara what actual proof do you want? You already have the description telling you how it works ^^"
  • Options
    edited January 2022

@Shiroihara what actual proof do you want? You already have the description telling you how it works ^^"

The description doesn’t proof what you’re saying. Unless it says “two buffs” in your language I don’t know how you can justify it.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

The description doesn’t proof what you’re saying. Unless it says “two buffs” in your language I don’t know how you can justify it.
    Proof could be found in older threads. Before it used to be such that any time you dex it was counted as a new buff. This was changed to the way it is now.

It's proff Hoff but that's the only link i could find

https://youtu.be/jSa4HGtsElE
  • Options
    OK, we seem to be going around in circles. I’m aware of how dexterity behaved before.
    That doesn’t change the fact that the current mechanics and description of the mastery don’t match.
    Hopefully someone from Kabam will give an official answer.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

OK, we seem to be going around in circles. I’m aware of how dexterity behaved before.
    That doesn’t change the fact that the current mechanics and description of the mastery don’t match.
    Hopefully someone from Kabam will give an official answer.

If your point is that the description might be vague, you have a point.

But if you're trying to cotnest that the mastery might not be working properly, you're dead wrong
  • Options

the description says that you gain a permanent buff that will expire after performing an action, and the only way to do this is to first create a permanent buff and then replace it with an expiring one. Here are your two buffs in the description. The description might not be perfect, but it does actually match the in-game effect ^_^
  • Options

the description says that you gain a permanent buff that will expire after performing an action, and the only way to do this is to first create a permanent buff and then replace it with an expiring one. Here are your two buffs in the description. The description might not be perfect, but it does actually match the in-game effect ^_^
    You’re basically justifying a development error. They can very well do that replacing, if it was the only way to do it, without counting the second buff for whatever abilities or nodes might trigger.
    Also, descriptions are our contracts to masteries and champions and they need to be completely unambiguous.
  • Options
    @Shiroihara It's not a development error but a development choice at this point. You can always wait for an official reply, but be aware that it might never come, mods rarely comment on these threads (and I don't know why).

And I fully agree with you when you say that descriptions needs to be unambiguous ^_^
  • Options
    Just as a final note, you need 3 charges to get opponents out of the unblockable phase.
    The moment you get up to 7, you’re guaranteed to take damage if you dex. You can’t go down from 8, which I don’t think was the intended behaviour for paradox nodes.
    All that while managing special delivery. Given that that’s the units path, arguably the second easier in Act 7 maps, it must surely not have the difficulty it was meant to have.