**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nexus Dilemma - CGR Awakening or Guardian?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
edited December 2021 in Strategy and Tips

Leaning towards CGR dupe as mine is r3 and I use him often despite having a stacked cosmic roster already. I have the 5* duped and damnation can be quite useful.

On the other hand, I don’t see my self using a gem or sigs on Guardian. Much rather invest those on Ghost. Even Ultron would probably deserve those resources more

Nexus Dilemma - CGR Awakening or Guardian? 19 votes

Guardian
68%
AdvEtjamaDonDudu2809awesomesauceBLOODY_ASSASIAN08ŘïdđhįmTrojansCeltic1981Yodabolt21OakenshieldTheBoogyManDarthGuacamoleYoucantseeme 13 votes
CGR Dupe
31%
Spity68Cap366MiStaLovawalkerdogMCOCHazzaAlbert97 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Guardian
    Always new champion if the awakening champ doesn't need to awakened to be great.
  • Options

Always new champion if the awakening champ doesn't need to awakened to be great.

CGR doesn’t need it but he sure as hell benefits from it. The “new champ over awakening “ rule of thumb is the only reason I’m asking this
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,687 ★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Guardian
    I have several times chosen an awakening over a new champ if the champ really benefits from it - unless one of the other champs is truly outstanding. (Kingpin the most recent a couple of weeks back over a couple of solid new options)

In this case however, Guardian is really great. CGR isn’t my favorite, I’ll freely admit, but from what I have seen his awakened ability is nice but not critical.

In the end though, depends on the depth of your existing roster. If you already have a ton of great tech champs, go with CGR. That said, Guardian does some pretty interesting things relative to any other tech champ, so for me it would be an easy call.
  • Options

Went with CGR in the end. Hard to pick an awakening over a new champ. But we can all agree ghost/ultron deserve the tech resources far more than Guardian does