**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A question about AA’s ‘immunity’ to opponent ability accuracy reductions

MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
Today I was in cav EQ, I believe 2.2. Both the path (Consistent combos path) and the boss (quake) had AAR, both of which archangel was affected by.

On the paths, when I had the glancing, I wasn’t placing any bleeds, for 10-11 heavy attacks in a row. Now yes technically this could be just RNG, but I reckon something is definitely up. Going 10 heavy attacks without a single bleed (it was against invisible woman so no other abilities at play) seems a bit off, it doesn’t seem like he’s immune like the ability says he should be.

Now, I’ve read it’s in regards to opponent abilities and nodes being different. Archangel’s description does read that his ability accuracy cannot be affected by the *opponent’s abilities*. It does not say he’s immune to ability accuracy modification.

However, in the past, kabam have stated that nodes are an extension of champion defender/attacker abilities, and as such they become part of their abilities. This is why we see AAR from champs shutting down nodes, because they’re abilities tied to the champion in that setting. In addition, some nodes with disorient and other AAR are still prevented with his ‘immunity’.

So my question is, why do these nodes, and also others, interact with AA’s ability accuracy? What’s preventing it from activating? Is it the abilities vs nodes thing? Is it because the nodes are newer than archangel? Is it because it just hasn’t been coded? Am I missing something? I’m not really sure. I’ve attached a short gif below to show that his parry is indeed failing due to the disorient.

It’s definitely possible - and likely - that I’m missing something. However given what I know and what I’ve read, it’s hard for me to say that I’ve found anything to explain this.

I hope someone can shed light on this, especially if it’s just me misreading/misinterpreting something. Have a wonderful day.

Comments