**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Weekly Showdowns

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
so in terms of rotating/repeating content it seems outside of daily quests and EQs we as the player base don’t have much recurring or consistent content we can rely on. stuff like variants, act content and special events (SOP, Gauntlet, Abyss etc.) all come out at seemingly random times and we only usually get a few weeks notice. and the content that does come out every month (side quests mainly) have varying rewards. weekly showdowns would change this.

how would they work?

there are 5 showdown quests on rotation each with a different theme. these quests would vary in difficulty (and rewards) and award players some minor rewards. the nodes/champions would stay the same as would the order of rotation. however this would be a changing game mode and would feature seasons much like AW/AQ (although they’d run on closer to AQ timescales). this means players can compete to see who can get faster times or find the most effective counters to the quest.

whenever boss rushes etc release it’s very interesting to see how the community comes together to figure out counters however there’s a twist.

champion restrictions

i mentioned each quest would have a theme and thus, like a variant, your champion choice would be restricted. in order to not gatekeep this feature for newer players however, heroic and master corresponding difficulties might not have restrictions and as you go up the difficulties the restrictions become more specific.

example set: tech theme

heroic + master: no restrictions

uncollected: must use a tech champion (champion of class or broad tag like #x-men etc)

cavalier: must use a tech champion. must have #metal (broad requirement and then a specific tag)

thronebreaker: must use only mysterio, Peni Parker, Iron Man (OG), stark Spider-Man, IMIW (specific champions or very specific tag like #alphaflight)

i think this would be a good place to have specific champion requirements as it repeats all the time and does not change frequently, meaning if a player really feels like they’re missing out they can wait until they pull the champions they need. also for the super niche difficulties like cavalier or thronebreaker players are more likely to have appropriate champs.

rewards?

these would have to be tailored to difficulty as to not be too high, here would be my suggestions

heroic: 200 4*, 1/5th T4B, 1/2 T1A

master: 500 4*, 1/2 T4B, 1 T1A, 5x 4* sig stone crystal

uncollected: 500 4*, 500 5*, 900 T5B, 600 T2A

cavalier: 500 5*, 150/200 6*, 1800 T5B, 3600 T2A

thronebreaker: 350 6*, 1800 T5B, 3600 T2A, 5% T5CC crystal.

i feel these rewards will add a little bit to the weekly “income” if you will and provide a good place to consistently finish off forming catalysts etc. if you do all difficulties pretty much every week it comes out to

700 4*, 7/10 of a T4B, 1 and a half T1A, 1k 5*, 500 6*, 4500 T5B and some T2A also a 5% T5CC which i feel most thronebreaker level players make weekly, considering the pretty high relative difficulty of the TB quest with champ requirements.