Options

Mephisto AARI Nerf?!

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
edited October 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
Ability. Accuracy. Reduction. Immune!

LOWER THE PITCH FORKS!

I don’t CARE if ArchAngel has it… what’s he uh… what’s he gonna do? Bleed AntMan though a glance? Be another counter to a VERY irritating champion? Sure!

Mordo? Yeah okay sure. Quake doesn’t mind, Drax doesn’t even notice, X23 can power though, AV and Elektra have mixed results… SURE! The Astral Evade needs a protection… he’s frail let it go!

MEPHISTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Magik can be burned, drained or locked by many champs including Dormammu, Magik, Vision, AoUV, Voodoo, Hawkeye…

Ignored by BW, CB, Falcon, Elektra, GP, Voodoo, Pacify!

Or even played around by using Despair with a potent debuff spammer like… SPIDER GWEN, Iron Fist, Wolvy, X23, VOODOO (again?!), and MANY MORE!

Mordo you can time heavies or use either Drax, Quake or X23

Even ELECTRO is weak to skill class made of champs that take less shock damage, and can mostly either bleed him out, ignore his static or BOTH!

But MEPHISTO literally has 3 counters each of which is VERY weird!
1. Himself
2. Iceman (who seems to glitch around him)
3. Quake (I enjoy watching videos of this interaction)

Where is the balance? How about tying it to his power meter? The more power he has the less his abilities can be reduced. It’d still make him a ROYAL pain but this way we’d have some semblance of a strategy to kill him
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Nope, i have him. Stop whinning lol
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,768 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Or you can just stop whinning and waot for more counters to be released.
    Mephisto already has a lot of counters. ANYONE can battle against him if you aren't a bad player.
    ANYONE can battle against Mordo too, so don't use bug interactions as possible counters against him.
  • Options
    Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    edited October 2017
    I am set to see one person who asks to nerf a champ he already has... Its unfair to change champ abilities once people have invested time, items, iso and stones into him. It happened once before and it was an outburst.

Nothin more to say...
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Fine maybe whining is not what is needed but the old champs should get small buffs like civil warrior did not too op of course but good enough that people don't get disgusted with them everytime they see their roster.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I am set to see one person who asks to nerf a champ he already has... Its unfair to change champ abilities once people have invested time, items, iso and stones into him. It happened once before and it was an outburst.

Nothin more to say...

Ive called out Magik before and she’s my number 3 champ.

Also 12.0
  • Options
    CosmicZenCosmicZen Posts: 54
    I dont think you have any ground here. His proc rate is about 10% unless parrying. Mephisto is too easy to kill. Fight him like you would Magik. He has low hp, can bleed, his regen is just ok (maybe brings his hp up to normal), his damage is weak and he is only good in niche situations. I have him r5d and lvl 30 duped and he either gets 1 kill or 0 in wars. I regret the time used to grind for him and the items used on him. Yes I have MD at 5/5 and Yes I put him on boss regen node.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I whooped him with Scarlet in the boss run. Scarlet can KO him if you evade the Aura.
    Iceman is good because he is immune to incinerate and he caused coldsnap which Mephisto is not immune.
    He didn't do anything for the buffed regen Mephisto had in boss run tho.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I whooped him with Scarlet in the boss run. Scarlet can KO him if you evade the Aura.
    Iceman is good because he is immune to incinerate and he caused coldsnap which Mephisto is not immune.
    He didn't do anything for the buffed regen Mephisto had in boss run tho.

Mephisto is immune to cold snap
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Also, kabam is knowingly doing this to release a bigger better badder champ who can counter him. It's smart business intelligence.
  • Options
    CosmicZen wrote: »
    I dont think you have any ground here. His proc rate is about 10% unless parrying. Mephisto is too easy to kill. Fight him like you would Magik. He has low hp, can bleed, his regen is just ok (maybe brings his hp up to normal), his damage is weak and he is only good in niche situations. I have him r5d and lvl 30 duped and he either gets 1 kill or 0 in wars. I regret the time used to grind for him and the items used on him. Yes I have MD at 5/5 and Yes I put him on boss regen node.

Excuse me! Magik isn’t Immune I ALL ability rediction
  • Options
    KingOfMcocKingOfMcoc Posts: 102

Nothin more to say...

Tell that to kabam about 12.0
  • Options
    CosmicZenCosmicZen Posts: 54
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

You clearly did read what I wrote before replying. I never said anything about her being immune. I said you should fight Mephisto like you would fight Magik.
  • Options
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

You clearly did read what I wrote before replying. I never said anything about her being immune. I said you should fight Mephisto like you would fight Magik.

I’d fight Magik but using GP and Pacify!

Pacify her and push her over. If I HAVE to bite a single limbo I will bait her L1

But because neither Pacify or GP work to ignore Aura-Incinerate it’s like fighting an Evade champ without the added benefit of being able to react before getting slammed! It’s just WATCH THE BAR AND STOP PUNCHING AFTER YOU EAT THE FIRST HIT OF HIS AURA! No skill, no way around, forced damage, JUST STALLING!
  • Options
    Unknown_SoldierUnknown_Soldier Posts: 154 ★★
    HE IS A DEMON LORD......hes NOT supposed to be weak......actually as annoying as he is I think he should be bleed immune......I dont have him but Demon's are spirits made of energy......only game I ever seen a Demon bleed is Doom. The issue is the past.champs they released that were garbage and NEED update with some buffing....2 come to mind.

Phoenix and Carnage. As a avid Marvel fan....I believe Kabam has made a horrible injustice when they released these champs and kept them the same horrible state they were released in.

Phoenix is a interdemensional being of immense power bonded with one of the most powerful telepaths in the entire marvel universe. Her resurrection ability is trash.......it's regen is weak unless you manage to heavy a bunch times before it activates AND if its not activated AFTER Phoenix force drains the charges. ALSO.....she resurrects so why are none of the debuffs removed after her Sig Ability activates. It does NO good to resurrect only to be killed 2 seconds later from bleed, shock or poison debuffs. All debuffs should be removed and she should he invulnerable for a few seconds like Luke Cage or Mephisto when he regens. She's broken as she is.

Carnage just.............SUCKS. He's NOT supposed to be a overly complex character like Beast. He's pretty basic personality........serial killer, forms stabbing weapons to make people bleed! He's super strong........hes supposed to be even stronger than Venom.....so strong it took the combined efforts of BOTH Spider-Man AND VENOM to take him down. He should make people bleed like classic Black Panther.....but his stacks dont last! His buffs take too long to become permanent.......cannot believe Marvel let you pass off this horrible champ as the super villain Carnage!

Both Pheonix and Carnage are broken and need serious overhaul. There are other classic champs that are decent but could use a upgrade such as:

1. Red Hulk causes heat damage cus he radiates heat.....he should be incinerate immune
    2. Electro is made of electricity......he should be shock immune.
    3. Antman's L2 takes too long to charge, by the time you can use it the stacked Fatigue charges wear off and its minimum damage
    4. Hawkeye's L3.....he blows you into air with explosive arrows and you fall to ground...no concussion, no incenerate, no stun......it needs something. His signature ahould be able to activate more.than one time.
    5. Iron Fist.....no mystic powers yet Mystic class and he has ability to heal with Chi. Couldnt his L3 activate regen or power drain and or his Level 2 do a power drain effect?
    6. DD (both versions)....his L3 does NOTHING yet has this mesmorizing effect why not stagger or activate critical hit or true strike?
    7. Luke Cage...hes bulletproof he should take reduced damage from gun-type specials. His Indestructable signature ability should activate a second time when hes low on health.
    8. Gamora.....her L3 is WEAK. Unless her Godslayer Blade breaks after ONE use her Assassination signature ability should work more than ONE time
    9. JoeFixIt Regen is WEAK and does no use. At least 60 HP would be reasonable. His L3 also needs take more direct damage. He bludgeons you with butt of a gun amd proceeds to beat ur face with his fists....I expect a bigger chunk direct damage
    10. Shehulk's signature ability needs to be explained better and not be so ambiguous amd it needs to be useful. Maybe:
    Reduced critical damage by 20% from science champions
    Reduced bleed damage and duration by 15% from Skill champs
    Reduced debuff duration by 20% for Mystic champions
    Reduced critical rate by 20% for Cosmic champions
    Reduced power gain by 15% for Tech champions
    Reduced basic attack by 15% for Mutant champions

Its been a long time since you updated some of your older heroes. These changes would balance game and make older champions a lot more appreciated.