**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Update Thought/Comments [Merged threads]

13»

Comments

• Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★

J0eySn0w said:

I’m on 2nd Gen iPad Pro 2020 and I like it. The load time is good, faster than before. As long as Grandma finishes showering before I load one fight, I’m good.

Is it worth not having access to your overflow?
    I have it just have to swipe left and right to navigate. I didn’t even have it all old interface.
  • Options
    NeverWasBornNeverWasBorn Posts: 58
    edited January 2022
    I liked the new UI but it would be nice to make the icons bigger and reduce units icon size.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Why he so big?
  • Options
    tfdrp2tfdrp2 Posts: 49
    I'm okay with it. I'm not good with the autoplay turning off if you loose a fight (put in bugs section). I am good with the quicker load times between menus and, as of now, not seeing as much load time / wheel spinning between fights.
  • Options
    firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    edited January 2022
    I can't click on the buttons.
    My fingers too big.
    Can it at least be an option to have the buttons on the UI like how it is now rather than a forced thing?
  • Options
    Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★

Went from crystal vault to champion roster n this happened 😐

This is intentional, no more loading screen needed.
    Oh cool ✨
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

I’m on 2nd Gen iPad Pro 2020 and I like it. The load time is good, faster than before. As long as Grandma finishes showering before I load one fight, I’m good.

Yes that seems good on iPad but on iPhone it’s not at all !

Units numbers are too big
    The menu bar could be larger with bigger buttons
    Look at all the space unused on the left 😩
    The « what’s new » button is too big
    The « taskbar » at the bottom of the screen should be stretched to take all the screen
  • Options
    Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★

Hey all,

We talked about this a while ago in one of our Roadmaps. The Contest is 7 years old, and frankly... It looked like it. We wanted to make some changes to keep it fresh and give people access to more information where it's needed.

For example, The What's New button will have more functionality soon too, allowing us to embed a lot more info in those messages. It also replace the message carousel that our data showed had very minimal interaction and was not being utilized by players to get info that was helpful to them.

Everybody is welcome to have their own opinions, and not everybody is going to agree on what they like and don't like. But please keep feedback respectful.

I quite liked the carousel even though there was sometimes too much information in it. Three things, though:
    1. The carousel added dynamicism and vibrancy to the main screen, both of which are missing now.
    2. It's hard to understand how you could collect data on interactions with the carousel when the primary mode of interaction was just looking at it. To my mind, manually scrolling through the carousel was a secondary interaction at best and I would imagine that those are likely the only data points you collected.
    3. Despite there sometimes being too much information in the carousel, it always provide an immediate update when new champions had been added to the basic crystal which was valuable information.
  • Options
    DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    The new landing screen looks worse and is harder to use.

Actually ‘looks worse’ is an understatement. It is absolutely vile and I don’t think I know anyone who couldn’t design better in 20 minutes. How could this make it to end users, it’s embarrassing.

@kabam: if you don’t think it’s embarrassing, you should.
  • Options
    bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★

Hey all,

We talked about this a while ago in one of our Roadmaps. The Contest is 7 years old, and frankly... It looked like it. We wanted to make some changes to keep it fresh and give people access to more information where it's needed.

For example, The What's New button will have more functionality soon too, allowing us to embed a lot more info in those messages. It also replace the message carousel that our data showed had very minimal interaction and was not being utilized by players to get info that was helpful to them.

Everybody is welcome to have their own opinions, and not everybody is going to agree on what they like and don't like. But please keep feedback respectful.

Who complained about the carousel and wanted a new Whats New button though? The UI looks awful on iPad. Everything is out of whack. The new buttons looks modern but the rest of the UI is still old, so they don't fit. The units are huge and look out of place. Half the text labels don't line up with each other. Opening crystals or inventory or champ shows the previous page as the background, and it's hard to read champ names because of it. At least load a new background. This was poorly thought out and poorly implemented.
  • Options
    bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★

Went from crystal vault to champion roster n this happened 😐

This is intentional, no more loading screen needed.
    Looks like an absolute mess having the crystal vault be the background. There must be a way to implement faster loading without turning the UI into whatever this is. It's like someone looks two different pics and lowered the opacity in Photoshop so they're both visible at the same time.
  • Options
    satvik17satvik17 Posts: 76
    I did not like the new look..atleast a proper size of the buttons would have been nice...its just too hard to browse through the game
  • Options
    THE_COLLECT0RTHE_COLLECT0R Posts: 41
    I like the champ upgrade page, but besides that, not the biggest fan. If we could choose to display select champs on the home page, that’d be pretty cool too!
  • Options
    HERUHERU Posts: 121 ★★
    As a graphic designer with 20 years experience, I have to say the UI update is wrong in so many ways (wrong alignments, visual inconsistencies, stretched icons, totally random size of elements not reflecting the hierarchy, lack of recognizability) it results in a quite confusing experience for the users.
    Kabam should definitely hire a Graphic Designer with UI/UX knowledge to fix this.
  • Options
    Jeromix_2ndJeromix_2nd Posts: 20
    + Less loading screens

- HUD/menu looks odd
    - Missing carousel (although new champs in crystal was probably the only useful announcement)
    - Some buttons (claim, continue) without glow
    - Broken autoplay
    - Initial absence of January solo events
    - Persistent absence of anthropomorphic stuff
    - Might be just my clumsiness, but parry attempts seem to be resulting in being hit much more frequently than before update
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Its Big brain time
  • Options
    Jeromix_2ndJeromix_2nd Posts: 20
    Update to today's recent build:
    +/- Antropomorphic shards appeared, crystals can be bought.
    - Checking synergies in arenas crashes the app.

• Options
    Dash855Dash855 Posts: 239
    edited January 2022
    I like the new sq. The rewards aren’t horrible when you add it all up and it’s a good difficulty. Really exited for that 5* nexus in the last week

(Edit)
    Don’t really love the new menu. It just looks really simple and boring which made it loose some of that feeling of being in the contest