**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Would you R3 an unduped Doom if you already have a R5 max sig one?

EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
edited January 2022 in Strategy and Tips
As the title says.

I already have one t5c mystic stored reserved for R3'ing my duped Tigra. Currently mulling which t5c shards to pick from the gifting event 50% selector award.

If I choose mystic then Doom will be my next R3 after Tigra. If I don't choose mystic then I'll choose cosmic because I have R2 duped Corvus, Odin and King Groot (sig 60!) as candidates for my other R3. Or I could choose science and then R3 my duped Mister Negative.

What would you do if you were me?

FYI, my other R3s are Apoc, duped CGR, Warlock and Mister Fantastic. Have a skill R2 to R3 rankup gem that I'm saving for if/when I pull NF ( have a generic awakening gem for him) , otherwise I will use it on my duped R2 Moleman or Shang Chi.

Knowing now better my roster and other ranking options, would you still choose mystic t5c shards for R3'ing an unduped doom? Oh and I don't care about prestige nor AW because I am in a retired players ally that doesn't do AW.
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Options
    OlivOliv Posts: 9
    Yes, I did it last week and I don't regret it
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Yes
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Just did it this evening, no reason not to take Doom to R3.
  • Options
    baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 ★★★
    While I didn't do this with Doom, I did this with Omega Red. Same answer as those who answered with Doom; I have no regrets about it. 6 stars can somewhat heal the damage they take and for me that has came in tremendous handy.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    I did Doom to R3 is your same scenario but I also R3 King Groot. I would go Doom later.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★
    Yes - he was my second 6r3 and I already had a max sig 5/65. There is even the odd occasion where the dupe is bad for a fight.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your helpful input. At the end went for mystic for Doom... realized as you guys say that he pretty much NEVER can be considered a bad investment and that actually I am closer to forming my next Cosmic and Science t5c than to forming another Mystic. Besides, in the very unlikely scenario that I do form another mystic before a cosmic or science, well I also have a R2 duped Diablo that would be prime candidate for it, so it's all not that bad.

Cheers,
  • Options
    CoolKid_McGeeCoolKid_McGee Posts: 44
    What does the R stand for?
  • Options

R= rank.

So R2 means rank 2, R3 rank 3, etc.

Generally, in this forum, when you see R2 or R3 they are exclusively referring to 6* at those ranks, cuz no one bothers with 5* at those ranks. If you see R5 it obviously refers to 5*. However with the advent of R4 6* in the game, we will eventually need to be more specific as in 6* R4 vs 5* R4, ... because 5* R4 still do have (an albeit dwindling) use in this game.
  • Options
    CoolKid_McGeeCoolKid_McGee Posts: 44

R= rank.

Generally, in this forum, when you see R2 or R3 they are exclusively referring to 6* at those ranks, cuz no one bothers with 5* at those ranks. If you see R5 it obviously refers to 5*. However with the advent of R4 6* in the game, we will eventually need to be more specific as in 6* R4 vs 5* R4, ... because 5* R4 still do have (an albeit dwindling) use in this game.
    So in poormans terms the rank is the number of ranking stars a champion has… so like vision is a R4
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    I have a duped r3 fury and r3 moleman… save the awakening gem for fury and use the r3 gem on moleman. I use him way way more than fury.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,687 ★★★★
    I will deprioritize every other champ to R3 a 6* doom as soon as I get him, despite my max sig R5 5*. I’m also holding a Mystic AG for him.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    I probably would. Doom is one of the strongest controllers in the game. Yesterday I used my 4star for the SQ tigra, he was better for it than most of my five stars.
  • Options

R= rank.

So in poormans terms the rank is the number of ranking stars a champion has… so like vision is a R4
    No, the stars are usually referred as the rarity. You can have a 2* (two star) Vision, a 3* (three star) Vision , a 4* one, a 5* one and a 6* one. If all you are counting is the number of stars then you are referring to rarity, and rarity determines how high the power ceiling of a champ is, the higher the stars, the higher its power ceiling. Some content on the game is even gated by whehter you have or not champs of a certain rarity.

Regardless of the rarity, all champs recieive perks on its skills, health and damage depending on a rank. And you need specific , determined resources for ranking champs through the ranks if it's rarity level. So there can be a R2 3* Vision, a R4 4* Vision, R4 5* and so forth.

Hope that helps.