**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Issue with these weekly 1.2 GB updates

Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
I just don't get it. I was ok with the fact that the present update was downloaded twice over the course of 1 week but why is it being done for the third time this month.
Not everyone has unlimited supply of mobile data to work with, and the thing is the update ain't that big that it takes more than 50% of my daily data.

The question is why is this game re-downloaded every update? (In case you didn't know it,the game is downloaded completely each month and not only the update portion).

I think it's just completely unnecessary to have the system re-downloaded as a whole. It should work like other games updates where only the updated files are required to be installed.

Comments

• Options
    Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    Reference said:

How about iOS interim version update?
    How about using wifi for version update?
    If no wifi available at home or office / school, how about visit coffee shops, mall, or whatever utility nearby?

There isn't any wifi available in any utility in my area but it doesn't mean I can't afford it with my cellular data. The issue is I can't do so weekly especially when there are classes. Even today I have to wait like 12 hours so all of my online classes are over and manage the update then and not risk the classes.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★

Chikel said:

While Google playstore shows the full size of the app, it doesn't actually download the entire thing, only the update. The latest update is around 26Mb I believe

I downloaded 12 Mb actually.
    That's probably the actual size. I only remembered that it was small and there's a 2 somewhere
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★

Chikel said:

While Google playstore shows the full size of the app, it doesn't actually download the entire thing, only the update. The latest update is around 26Mb I believe

I downloaded 12 Mb actually.
    Same. And a funny note: I had rather full device (29/32GB) and according to Google Play, this update requires 3.6 GB of free space.
  • Options
    Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★
    It was like 12 mb update only
  • Options
    MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    Weekly updates? Updates are monthly afaik plus some occasional Hot Fixes (maybe 2-3 per year). So I would say there are 15 updates per year not 52....
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Reference said:

How about iOS interim version update?
    How about using wifi for version update?
    If no wifi available at home or office / school, how about visit coffee shops, mall, or whatever utility nearby?

There isn't any wifi available in any utility in my area but it doesn't mean I can't afford it with my cellular data. The issue is I can't do so weekly especially when there are classes. Even today I have to wait like 12 hours so all of my online classes are over and manage the update then and not risk the classes.
    I think a lot of players explained to you that the size is not actually 1.2GB, even though it is what displayed in App Store. I finished that within 30 sec. Each iOS update really over 1.2GB and require equivalent extra space in your mobile for buffer. It took me 2-3 mins.

Besides, you can start your update before you go to bed if you don’t need any wifi access. I don’t setup auto update and I did so periodically before sleep. Just click update and leave it in living room.

• Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Magonus said:

Weekly updates? Updates are monthly afaik plus some occasional Hot Fixes (maybe 2-3 per year). So I would say there are 15 updates per year not 52....

I guess OP is talking about the recent hotfix, which appears in each week. Normal version update only happen monthly. If you treat each download as one update, there were around 20 in last 12 months.

• Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,189 ★★★★
    Mine is 12 mb somehow
    Something is wrong with your play store
    Mine shows 1 gb but loads 12 mb and then I can play