**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mutant R3

Gazthehillbilly012Gazthehillbilly012 Posts: 126
edited January 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I’m so close to my first r3 and it’s mutant, only issue is my only 6* mutants are rogue and of storm, who should I rank up and why? Or should I wait and hope to pull someone better?
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Don’t
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    Getting that first r3 for thronebreaker is a big deal, and an argument can be made for a less than amazing champ, cause you'll be able to start reaccumulating those resources faster, but between those two champs, I'd suggest waiting.

If patience isn't your thing though, I would suggest Rogue hands down. She's a pretty underrated champ.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,667 ★★★★
    I would wait unless you would hit thronebreaker with the rank up. If you haven’t finished chapter 6, wait for a new mutant. If you have finished it and this will make you thronebreaker, may be worth doing even with a suboptimal champ. Of those two Rogue would probably be your best bet.
  • Only at 6.2.2 as steered clear of story content once I hit cavalier to focus on resource grinding and alliance, thinking wait and hope for a decent pull.

Thanks for the feedback
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★

Only at 6.2.2 as steered clear of story content once I hit cavalier to focus on resource grinding and alliance, thinking wait and hope for a decent pull.

Thanks for the feedback

Wait until you near the end of 6.4, by that time you should hopefully have a better mutant option to r3.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★
    If you have a 5* Apocalypse, a strong argument could be made for Storm. Otherwise, what @Oakenshield said.
  • If you have a 5* Apocalypse, a strong argument could be made for Storm. Otherwise, what @Oakenshield said.

Oh man now you have me thinking, have a duped low sig 5* rank 5 apoc!
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    Get through 6.4 then reassess.

If this gets you TB, then literally, anyone. You miss out on 25% of a t5cc every month (glory and calendar) plus around 50% of a t5b, for each month that you aren't TB.

So rank anyone.

But of those two, even with apoc, then rogue, especially if duped. Heal on sp1, power control on sp2. Yes storm as horseman can ramp up to crazy damage, but that's in very long fights and while it does make her sp2 crit more, it's not sufficient burst damage in late act 6/act 7 content to overcome rogue's comparative utility in my view.

Get through act 6 asap. It's worth it.