**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will you still be going for Featured 6-star vs Basic (after 6-star update change)?

altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
In game mail today says that starting with Kitty Pryde, 6-star champions will be added to the Basic pool at the same time as their additions to the other crystals.

Does this change your strategy?

Will you still be going for Featured 6-star vs Basic (after 6-star update change)? 86 votes

Yes, still going Featured
30%
DeeparviMagicBentonBKSwisherSweetHort4Darkrider05QmonRasiloverLogan00IvarTheBoneless_Sham_Mobile_P0tat0Blackshadow0203mgj0630FenicoSkydad23Thoye3AburaeesZan0SkyLord7000Hoitado 26 votes
No, definitely Basic
51%
BitterSteelRaganatorChovnerDrake2078Standardman1989BrokenShrakkmanLiquidkoldCap366Raichu626Colonaut123spiderbites0196Denzel116CanuckDownUnderItsDamienWakanda4Ever278brahimpi99DeaconKRANꓘTRONG94 44 votes
Depends on how soon the champion arrives in the Basic pool.
18%
Crys23DragonMCOCSandeepSThefire13Zeronaut81brandinhoSoulOfDarknessBahubaliFilledPizzaLpooJaximosChaosMax1012Scarcity27OakenshieldKnullvoid235peckle1907 16 votes

Comments

• PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,832 ★★★★★
    Whats with the third option , isnt it when the featured ends that they go to the basic
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    Yes, still going Featured
    Polygon said:

Whats with the third option , isnt it when the featured ends that they go to the basic

When a new champ comes out it usually takes about 3 months I think for them to get added to the basic pool
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

That third option is essentially an Other option.

For example Kitty Pryde would enter basic next week, but Ikaris doesn't enter basic till at least April. So depending on what you are going for, would that affect your decision.

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    No, definitely Basic
    Basics for me from now on. This is a good change and I’m not SUPER in a hurry for any of the current featured champs. I would like to dupe some of my champs that are in the basic right now though (namely Herc)
  • Knullvoid235Knullvoid235 Posts: 158
    Help me on this decision... I only have 11 6*s with one bgt being cgr, should I buy the basic and hope I end up getting a good one or sacrifice half of a basic and go for the featured whose worst pull is arguably mid tier
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,158 ★★★★
    I still don't understand the change. Can someone give an example?
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    SandeepS said:

I still don't understand the change. Can someone give an example?

5* Champs are added to basic pool sooner than 6* version.. while 6* champs are added to basic pool after the featured crystal end date..

So, as per new update, 6* champ will be added to basic pool on same day as 5*..

Ex: 6* Kitty Pryde would have been added to 6* Basic pool after the current featured crystal end date(87days).. but 5* will be added to basic pool on 26th Jan..

With new update.. 6* Kitty Pryde will be added to 6* basic pool on 26th Jan..Same as 5*,4*,3* base pool addition date..
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    No, definitely Basic
    Personally with this change it makes more sense for me to go basics now, even after being 100% set on going for featured until I pull Kitty.

While there’s a lower chance of pulling Kitty in the basics, I feel the pros of basics now outweigh featured.

Firstly, I don’t have the sigil anymore so going for 15k instead of 13k definitely would add up over time.

Pulling more champions with the basic means you have a better chance of getting future buffed champions, and with the likes of kingpin, King Groot, ultron etc all pulls I’d like to get, the basic gets the win there.

No pulls excluded means you aren’t losing out by limiting a pool to 24 champions. Also there’s less chance of pulling multiple copies of the same champions. (I got very frustrated by going into the last featured with a sig 20 torch, and coming out with a sig 140 - still haven’t rekindled with his sig yet…).

I have 4 account changing pulls in the basic I’m targeting (Kitty, Ghost, Herc and White mags), which gives me a 6.4% chance to pull at least one out of 30k shards. And I have an 8.9% chance to pull at least one Kitty (the only account changer in the new featured for me) out of 30k shards. To me, that’s not far enough ahead to rationalise the 5k extra shards.

Overall, basic is the one for me. I may chance a featured Crystal or two, but mainly will be going for the basic.
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    edited January 2022
    It would also depend on whether the crystals have “exclusive” champs like Hype that haven’t been released into the general pool, as well.

The featured crystal’s pool also is a huge factor. This featured is really great, and is the best one since the Apoc/CGR one last year. When the 24 champ 6* featured pool has a high percentage of champs I want/want to awaken, I’ll spend the extra shards.