**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Knull/Quake Interaction - Bug or Correct?

BlxndyBlxndy Posts: 145 ★★
edited January 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
I would like everyone's opinion on the following interaction and if people believe this is a bug or not, if yes I will put this onto the Bugs Discussion.

It has become apparent to me that you can reliably use Quake to beat Knull. I have my Knull (6* awakened sig 52) placed on path 4, section 2 of war. This placement basically means that because they start the fight with 4 debuffs on them, making the entire fight permanently unblockable (unless removed). However it seems have been able to Quake this fight with ease.

This confused me since I was under the belief that Knull has True Accuracy on mediums and heavies, making him for the most part, unquakeable.

Knulls abilities states:
"Symbiote Attacks (Medium, Heavy and Special 1 Attacks) passively gain True Accuracy, ignoring all evade and Auto-Block effects".

Quakes abilites states:
"When charging a heavy attack, inflicts concussion, reducing opponents ability accuracy by 100%."

According to Knulls abilities, he has passive True Accuracy meaning this shouldnt be affected by ability accuracy as there is no specific chance listed. Therefore, Knull should be able to counter quakes evade.

Can people please let me know if I am wrong, as I have tested and been able to Quake reliably.

Thanks all!
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    got any video? also a pic of the nodes might be helpful
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    It also happens with night thrasher. She can evade with ease
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I wasn't aware that passive vs active had anything to do with ability accuracy. When it is a buff or debuff interaction, then it matters because passives aren't buffs or debuffs. But I thought an ability is an ability whether passive or active. For instance, AAR can prevent passive evade, so in theory shouldn't AAR also be able to prevent passive True Strike? It should work both ways: AAR reduces abilities' likelihood of proccing, and some abilities in the game are passive.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★

His true accuracy can be hampered by AAR
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    it’s just like Night Thrasher, she’s preventing the true accuracy with her AAR

Quake didn't use to be able to shut down abilities like this. Currently, you can quake moleman straight away and her concussion prevents moleman's true accuracy from working, but you used to have to parry him 5 times to push him out of true accuracy, and then you could quake him normally.

https://youtu.be/GEDVDAFMT3I

Like so..

I blame penny parker. She opened the gate for true strike to be able to be bypassed with ability accuracy.
    Someone check the interaction of quake and disorient? I swear last season I evades just fine
    True strike still works even though its true accuracy + true damage. Something's missing
  • BlxndyBlxndy Posts: 145 ★★
    I am not too sure how to post videos on here, but if Quakes AAR is stopping the True Accuracy, then there should be text which comes up saying ability failed. I have checked and it definitely doesnt proc an ability failed.

Imiw still works

What's happening is that Knull gains true accuracy whenever he would use symbiote attacks so I assume it works like Rhino when he dashes forward, except that it's invisible and you can't see it. This means that If he already has Quake's concussion active on him, he won't be able to trigger his true accuracy.

IMIW on the other hand, outright ignores evade with his repulsor attacks just like NF above 5 tactical charges.
    They need to change the wording though, passive abilities (which do not have a proc chance %) should not be affected by AAR. Abilities where a proc % specified should be affected.

it’s just like Night Thrasher, she’s preventing the true accuracy with her AAR

With NightThrasher though, same again, it says his Skateboard attacks HAVE True Accuracy. So surely it cant prevent the ability from proccing if it is stating outright that it has it? I completely understand AAR reducing abilities where it states a percentage, but if it is outright stating that an ability is given (without a percentage), I was under the assumption it shouldnt affect it.

For example as previously said, I do not think it is right that we can now quake moleman, as im pretty sure we never used to be able to.

Ahhhh I see, this should really be worded into the attacks then
    Shouldn't disorient be affected by AAR too? Passive disorient is not. But disorient debuff is affected by AAR even after being applied
    Does this mean we can now quake High Ground?
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Blxndy said:

I don't really think Peni is a fair comparison since she flat out stops any true accuracy ability from working.
    True Strik works though or at least Corvus' works. I haven't tested other champs

Does this mean we can now quake High Ground?

I would imagine so yeah
    Chikel said:

Blxndy said:

I don't really think Peni is a fair comparison since she flat out stops any true accuracy ability from working.
    True Strik works though or at least Corvus' works. I haven't tested other champs
    Thats what im thinking; its rather strange