**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Overuse of memory due to recent QOL update

TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
The recent QOL of eliminating load screens is leading to more memory usage and the game starts to lag after a point.

I tried jumping between screens that do not have any load screens between them, so basically each new screen gets loaded on top of the previous page. This causes the previous page to layer down below the new page, causing it to get stored in temporary memory for when the player would press "Back".

Once you layer multiple screens on top of one another, the game starts to lag and freeze much more.

Also, the page getting layered on top of one another doesn't get updated if there's any intended change that should have happened.

For example, if you have catalysts overrun in stash, and then go the champions screen from the top menu options, then rank up a champion who would use up the catalyst, and then claim the catalyst from overflow in the level up screen, leading to claimed catalysts from overflow. Then by pressing back once or twice, you'd be led back to the stash page, but that would still show catalysts in overflow even if you'd have claimed them.

This shows that the page is not getting updated with changes that happen, and is just getting stored behind the scenes, ending up using more RAM and slowing down the game and performance.

I don't have video of it as of now so not able to show is visually but i think I've described it pretty well.

Comments

• Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    I see. Thanks for the clarification Kabam Zero.

So from what I understood, the screens from the top navigation icons would not stack on top of one another.

With this understanding, i tried this,

From the home page, i went the crystals screen. Then from there i went to the champions screen. Then from there i went to the inventory page. After that, i went to the store screen. From here I clicked on the "Back" navigation icon. It took me back to the crystals screen. I tried the same from the AQ in-map screen as well.

This does confirm that that the top navigation pages don't stack, however I have a doubt if it should have taken me back to home screen and not the crystals screen, because crystals screen is also one of the top navigation screens.

Probably some other pages that stack are then causing memory overuse. I'm sure the team is working on improvements, so future updates might fix it.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Hello, yes we keep screens in a stack this means most of the time when you press the back button it should intuitively bring you back to the previous screen. However each time you press any of the top nav buttons that resets the screen stack so that there are no screens underneath it. This means in most cases you should not be getting large screen stacks. If there are flows you are doing that does result in this and it is a common flow for you please let me know below and I can look into it.

I have issues when the pop up offer comes after a crystal opening. It lags very much
  • Options

I see. Thanks for the clarification Kabam Zero.

So from what I understood, the screens from the top navigation icons would not stack on top of one another.

With this understanding, i tried this,

From the home page, i went the crystals screen. Then from there i went to the champions screen. Then from there i went to the inventory page. After that, i went to the store screen. From here I clicked on the "Back" navigation icon. It took me back to the crystals screen. I tried the same from the AQ in-map screen as well.

This does confirm that that the top navigation pages don't stack, however I have a doubt if it should have taken me back to home screen and not the crystals screen, because crystals screen is also one of the top navigation screens.

Probably some other pages that stack are then causing memory overuse. I'm sure the team is working on improvements, so future updates might fix it.

To expand on the back button bringing you to crystals it will be contextual on the area of the game you are in. If you are in the quest vault it will bring you to the crystals screen(note an additional back will take you to the home screen). If on the quest board then back will take you to the quest board screen. In essence, depending on the area of the game there is a base screen for it that will always be on the bottom of the stack, pressing back on those screens will bring you back to home(unless the screen you are on is the home screen already)
  • Options

Hello, yes we keep screens in a stack this means most of the time when you press the back button it should intuitively bring you back to the previous screen. However each time you press any of the top nav buttons that resets the screen stack so that there are no screens underneath it. This means in most cases you should not be getting large screen stacks. If there are flows you are doing that does result in this and it is a common flow for you please let me know below and I can look into it.

I have issues when the pop up offer comes after a crystal opening. It lags very much
    Noted thanks @AverageDesi