**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hercule's infuriate

I can't help but feel that Hercule's infuriate doesn't interact well most of the time.

Multiple occasions just today in the legendary difficulty side quest and in AQ (map 6), the opponent would be aggressive, and then the moment I put infuriate on them, they have no problem just dashing back and holding block for most of the duration. This has *always* happened on rare occasions (and I don't see why it should really ever happen), but today I noticed it happening much more frequently--frequent enough to make a post.

Things I've noticed:
-Infuriate is really effective for passive AI. I can't recall seeing passive AI continue to be passive when the infuriate buff is active. So it seems to work well there.
-Infuriate, on many occasions, seems to make an already aggressive AI become less aggressive or behave strangely. It's common to see an aggressive AI with an infuriate debuff just drop their guard and walk at you, which almost always just results in you going in and getting intercepted. Other times the AI will just dash back and block, which, again, often ends with you going to hit into their block and they often will just intercept you. I'm not sure what infuriate is doing to already aggressive AI, but it doesn't feel that it works as intended. And the only thing consistent about it is how inconsistent the debuff causes aggressive AI to behave.

I think Hercule's infuriate debuff has been mentioned many times here on the forums since he was released and, to my knowledge, Kabam has never acknowledged or responded to questions regarding whether infuriate is working as intended. I use Hercule's every day, and I feel like the infuriate is obnoxiously inconsistent, and easily one of the most inconsistent mechanics in the game. Sometimes it works, and other times it just punishes you by taking an aggressive AI and making them behave less aggressive or they behave very awkwardly. Infuriate is consistently not consistent

Comments

• Options
    Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    I don’t think it’s as much of Hercules infuriate as much as it’s the nodes involved. I’ve noticed 9/10 times if there is any node that gives you a timer or specific duration to do damage instead of doing reduced damage the AI knows this interaction and will be more passive. One of the worst interactions is hit mercy nodes. Its apparent that the defenders AI has situational awareness.
  • Options
    Hopper13131Hopper13131 Posts: 65
    Pseudo_19 said:

I don’t think it’s as much of Hercules infuriate as much as it’s the nodes involved. I’ve noticed 9/10 times if there is any node that gives you a timer or specific duration to do damage instead of doing reduced damage the AI knows this interaction and will be more passive. One of the worst interactions is hit mercy nodes. Its apparent that the defenders AI has situational awareness.

Ah, interesting thought. I'll have to pay attention to whether this happens with some specific nodes.

I'm not sure if this would apply to the nodes I can remember dealing with today in AQ though. Since I take herc, I take the middle path in part 1 map 6 because this path has retaliate damage and herc doesn't mind that. Our global node today is Turn the Tide (One of the attacker's special attacks is randomly chosen at the start of the fight. Rotates every 10 seconds. Special attacks suffer -100% ability acc and -90% weakness, unless it is the chosen special attack), so I'm not sure if that would apply to what you were talking about. And I don't think the nodes for that middle path would apply either, but I definitely noticed wonky AI behavior with infuriate on those first two fights specifically.
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 639 ★★★
    I think because they increased the AI aggressiveness although get her it is messing with herc’s infuriate. I’ve the same thing in legendary side as well expect for me the get o we aggressive to where it’s I cant even dash back or forth without AI being right there hitting me. Half the time-if not more- I getting hit by back to back combos from AI before I even have a chance to dash back or block. If the control worked properly I think it would be easier to fight the over aggressive AI.