**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Another Ban Wave?

Guys, it seems like there has been another ban wave. The "why have i been banned" threads are the best and funniest threads by far, Kabam you mess up a lot but thanks for getting rid of cheaters

Comments

• G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    I wonder if anyone banned is a legit mistake, i mean it is kabam lol. I would flip out hahahaha
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I don't like the fact that they don't provide any evidence of wrongdoing. Most of the banned accounts are obvious cheaters, but as much as Kabam screws up, why do we assume that they are never wrong when they ban accounts? I do appreciate the cheaters getting removed from the game though.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I don't like the fact that they don't provide any evidence of wrongdoing. Most of the banned accounts are obvious cheaters, but as much as Kabam screws up, why do we assume that they are never wrong when they ban accounts? I do appreciate the cheaters getting removed from the game though.

Because the algorithm for catching cheaters is very different to in game code. The algorithm looks for certain inconsistencies and irregularities in accounts to detect cheaters and these irregularities are nearly impossible to recreate on a regular playing account
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Sungj that makes sense. Thank you.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,426 ★★★★
    NormanBJJ wrote: »
    Guys, it seems like there has been another ban wave. The "why have i been banned" threads are the best and funniest threads by far, Kabam you mess up a lot but thanks for getting rid of cheaters

Step 1: New event (Boss Rush/Goldblum, etc) rolls out. People play, complain about lag or somethings not working or whatever.
    Step 2: Tuesday night maintenance rolls around. People complain maintenance takes too long, lag or blah blah blah.
    Step 3: Hacks get the ban. Some open up google translate and post Why I get Ban Please One More Chance. Kabam mods allow just enough trolling by the peanut gallery before We Do Not Discus Dumbass Hacker Blah Blah shuts down the fun.
    Step 4: Next version of game is released. Wash, rinse, repeat.
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★

Thanks, that is one of the funniest i've seen today
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    When new challenges come out you see an influx of bans and have a bunch of people with small ratings beating them and or rol and lol then get banned here and start whining about I got banned can you help or reverse it kabam.

Lol no if you hack or mod you're going to get caught eventually, and especially if you're account is really suspicious, like if you have titles that you shouldn't have and or champions you shouldn't have with a low pi and tops.

Especially since those champs are a reward for rol and lol then you're going to get banned if you share your account you're going to get banned and I say good riddance to them now only if you can squash the bugs like you squash the cheaters.
  • Mrbeast6000Mrbeast6000 Posts: 454
    I love this ban wave
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Maybe people buy accounts off ebay or backpage, or Craigslist and bam there goes 200 bucks , cuz seller used hacks. I wonder how they figured out account share, cuz i hear people that use diffrent devices.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    G0311 wrote: »
    Maybe people buy accounts off ebay or backpage, or Craigslist and bam there goes 200 bucks , cuz seller used hacks. I wonder how they figured out account share, cuz i hear people that use diffrent devices.

They have their ways of keeping track of our devices and where they are, if you have on device and account in your state or country or time zone and then someone else logs into one of them in a different state or part of the world it becomes really obvious that someone else is playing your account.

You can have as many accounts and devices as you want but if one thing says your device is here but your account is being accessed somewhere else you're going to get dinged for account sharing
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    if anyone use a mods they are call cheaters hackers and bunch of names but if you hommie in your alliance move your champions in AQ they call that helping a brother out , if a player use a pc to beat the boss challenge he is a cheater but if another player ask or pay for the challenge to be done isnt that the same as cheating , i just dont get it account sharing is wrong and is not like is impossible to track it every device has a imei adress and a ip adress where is connect it to the internet event the fighting patterns kabam could tell if it was me or not but they been soft or playing blind
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    It's probably just people sharing accounts to get Boss Rush and Goldblum completed, same as with the Spidey bans