Options

Relics/Strikers and I am out

Ok. Let me give you some background before I begin. Last year before July 4 th, I was Uncollected with 1 rank 5 five star and 3 rank 4 five stars. Less than a year later I am Thronebreaker with 20 rank 5, five stars, 2 rank 3 6* and 4 rank 2 6*. It is sad to say, but I am seriously thinking about retiring from the game. Even though I planned to spend on 4th of July, because the game is turning into pay to win mess.
1. The gifting event. I am not against an edge to those who spend money, but I am against giving the win to those who can spend more money. Giving rank 4 rank up gem to people was a very bad idea that left a horrible taste in peoples mouth.
2. Relics. I expect it to be completely needless another pay to win gimmick. That has no other purpose but to give people advantage who can pay more. If you were serious about improving the game maybe you would update talents, that have not been updated in how many years?
3. Strikers. Oh boy now this mechanic was so bad from the beginning that it should have been left in brainstorming session and forgotten. It makes game less skill based and more mortal combat like arcade mess. Even the whole concept is ridiculous. The only thing that is coming into mind that someone is making love to his lady, he taps someone’s else hand to replace him and finish the job. The whole concept in a nutshell. It brings nothing to the table and it’s not worth code that makes it up. This function is added when a lot of parry, a key mastery is not working and there are countless other bugs, not working synergies etc. Judging by the current events I wouldn’t be too surprised if you would decide to monetize it, because if you would be serious you put more resources into fixing what is broken instead of investing and inventing a third leg.

I am not going to plead and say please reconsider, because you are/were a great company. I will just say that if the current trend continues I will keep my money to myself and will vote with my feet by walking away.

Comments

• Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited February 2022
    My answer to you :

Point #1 : Agree completely

Point # 2 : IF they make it another pay to win gimmick, then yes agreed. However, if they instead put in place fair ways for everyone who works hard to have a shot at them, then I disagree with your post.

Honestly, I think Kabam bringing 7* champs would most likely make me quit the game quicker than relics, specially if relics are done right. Just the thought of having to grind/pray again to RNG gods to get the right 7* champs, and then starting from zero again ranking them, making my hard earned 6* obsolete/irrelevant, etc. just sends shivers down my spine. I think the relics are a step on the right direction to make us chase something that would make the champs we ALREADY HAVE more powerful, as opposed to having us rebuild our entire roster yet again but this time based on 7*. However it all depends on how they execute the relics idea. If they dont make it pay to win, if there is a wide variety of relics (not just one or two really worth chasing for) if they make them swappable between champs so we can experiment with as many interactions we can with the champs we love, if they put timers on usage/equipping them (in order to avoid spamming the use on only one or two and forcing players to think strategically about when/how to use them), then the relics might indeed set the game in the right direction.

Nonetheless, it's Kabam we're talking about and they do have a track record of not following the most obvious course of action for benefitting the game so .... there's that.

Point # 3: I don't understand the hullabaloo you're making about strikers. I do agree with you that whatever time they spent coding this into the game would have been better invested if used on fixing the game engine instead. Fixing the parry bug should be priority #1 ... they should fix that before bringing strikers, relics, 7.4, etc. that's for sure. But besides that, anything they can put in the game to spice up gameplay, to add new interactions between champs/nodes, to force players to think more strategically during a fight, etc... is a win for the players in my book. Strikers are just a tiny little bit of spice, nothing too significant (at least yet) but still, little bit of spice if better than no spice at all.
  • Options
    I3loodAngelI3loodAngel Posts: 30

My answer to you :

Point # 2 : IF they make it another pay to win gimmick, then yes agreed. However, if they instead put in place fair ways for everyone who works hard to have a shot at them, then I disagree with your post.

Nonetheless, it's Kabam we're talking about and they do have a track record of not following the most obvious course of action for benefitting the game so .... there's that.

Point # 3: I don't understand the hullabaloo you're making about strikers. I do agree with you that whatever time they spent coding this into the game would have been better invested if used on fixing the game engine instead. Fixing the parry bug should be priority #1 ... they should fix that before bringing strikers, relics, 7.4, etc. that's for sure. But besides that, anything they can put in the game to spice up gameplay, to add new interactions between champs/nodes, to force players to think more strategically during a fight, etc... is a win for the players in my book. Strikers are just a tiny little bit of spice, nothing too significant (at least yet) but still, little bit of spice if better than no spice at all.

2. I don’t believe they have that track record. And I don’t believe that relics were put into the for other reason than pay to win. Time will tell, but if they would be serious about fixing improving or something relics is the last thing that should be done. *cough* masteries *cough*
    3. It’s straight from Mortal Kombat app game. That was so much pay to win that you couldn’t get past first few fights without paying. It makes such an arcade mess in time when buttons that actually need to be working don’t work. I wouldn’t be too surprised if a striker store would just magically appear to force to buy a better striker. Also I don’t see anything strategic in mashing buttons left and right for the sake of mashing.