**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why only one quest to be run at anytime???

StantonaStantona Posts: 108
edited February 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Maybe a question asked and answered before but would like to understand why we cannot run various quests at once?

I understand the reason for locking out champs, so once they are in a quest I agree they can’t be used anywhere else but why can’t we use various champions in different quests simultaneously?

One example would be these long quests such as 4* champs in Labyrinth or a run at the Abyss. I find it strange you have to completed these long quests before you can enter anywhere else across the battle realm. I believe many of us would like to complete the ‘Dance Off’ or ‘Inhuman’ challenges in our own time but also still having access to the event, side, variant and story modes too.

Even simply for those difficult situations where you don’t have the chance to concentrate fully to finally finish the cavalier quest, but would like to use up energy and auto fight the lower levels in the side quest with your 4*.

There may be a solid reason why this isn’t feasible or been introduced but would provide a more enjoyable gaming experience (‘quality of life change’) without certain pressures to get some content completed asap.

Would like to hear others thoughts on this or just an explanation as to just why not?

Cheers

Stan
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    can't do other quests... but they can take a quick break to go fight Ultron in an incursion?

With Single player mode... will we have to alter our decks to not use our champs stuck in AQ/AW/general questing... or will it be like Arena/incursion?
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,929 ★★★★★
    Valid reasons. I would like to be able to do EQ or SQ while I’m stuck on a story quest, however.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Yeah lets lock a team in the abyss while farming pots every chance...🤣
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    I think you should be able to. What's the point in having big rosters otherwise?
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★

Anyone can do Abyss using zero units if you are allowed to leave a team in forever and still run whatever content you want.

And that is a problem because of??? Player who would do that aren't going ro run that now anyhow.
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Maratox said:

I have to admit, while I understand things like potion farming are valid reasons, I do wish Kabam would allow multiple quests at once. At the very least allow one of the Everest quests like LoL or AoL to not lock you from other quests. I have the roster and would love to tackle AoL, but since I don't ever have the time to sit and play for hours at a shot I'll never be able to because it would keep me locked from other content for days and days to get through.

“While I understand potion farming is a valid reason to not allow multiple quests, I would still like to potion farm via multiple quests”
    It's not about the potion farming. I have potions expiring in overflow. I just would like to be able to work through an AoL run at my own pace while not being locked out of the monthly quests and other content. I rarely can get more time in one sitting for this game to do more than maybe one or two AoL length fights. It would take me days to get through one path in AoL to the exclusion of other content, and I can't do that. If I could have my AoL team slowly working through that content while using other champs for other content, that would be great. I don't mind having the champs locked; I just don't have enough time to do that type of content to the exclusion of all else.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Anyone can do Abyss using zero units if you are allowed to leave a team in forever and still run whatever content you want.

And that is a problem because of??? Player who would do that aren't going ro run that now anyhow.
    U do realize that kabam is a business ...
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    1. The potion farming is definitely a valid concern, even if you claim that it’s not why you want to do it. If it is possible, quite a few people will take advantage and it would be totally a valid strategy at that point.

2. It still lowers the difficulty level of tons of quests. Next thing you know, people would be saying “why can’t I use my Doom and Aegon for the EQ even though I’m simultaneously on my 15th day of slowly going through Abyss?”. There has to be a stopping point somewhere, and this is where it is. Do the best you can with the limitations set out to everyone.

3. I know there are stupidly long quests, but can you not take breaks and do it over multiple days? Does it take you the full month to run the EQ and side quest? It may not be “fun” but it’s not like there aren’t 3 other game modes (lol *4* forgot Arena) that have shorter fights to break up the long ones.

4. “What’s the point in having big rosters otherwise?”……….you must not have noticed how diverse some of the nodes in Act 6, Act 7, and Cav EQ are, or how Variants restrict champions because that’s how Kabam has moved to challenge summoners in more recent times. A big roster means both more fun champion options, and actually having the ability to bring in whichever counter you want to a problem.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

It's a problem because Kabam didn't intend for quests like Abyss to be run that way. Lots of people would do it that way. I don't need my 5* or 6* Aegon. I'd explore it 100% unitless and have no issues running war, AQ, and whatever other quests I want to run.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I’d say just do Abyss over a couple days, I did my first path over the course of three days
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

Maratox said:

I have to admit, while I understand things like potion farming are valid reasons, I do wish Kabam would allow multiple quests at once. At the very least allow one of the Everest quests like LoL or AoL to not lock you from other quests. I have the roster and would love to tackle AoL, but since I don't ever have the time to sit and play for hours at a shot I'll never be able to because it would keep me locked from other content for days and days to get through.

“While I understand potion farming is a valid reason to not allow multiple quests, I would still like to potion farm via multiple quests”
    It's not about the potion farming. I have potions expiring in overflow. I just would like to be able to work through an AoL run at my own pace while not being locked out of the monthly quests and other content. I rarely can get more time in one sitting for this game to do more than maybe one or two AoL length fights. It would take me days to get through one path in AoL to the exclusion of other content, and I can't do that. If I could have my AoL team slowly working through that content while using other champs for other content, that would be great. I don't mind having the champs locked; I just don't have enough time to do that type of content to the exclusion of all else.
    Part of the challenge of the game is managing your resources. This includes your time and lifestyle.
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    edited February 2022

Maratox said:

Part of the challenge of the game is managing your resources. This includes your time and lifestyle.
    You're absolutely right, and this is why I don't do things like AoL. This is a mobile game done in spare time. I have completed most content other than the big Everest things. I'm not displeased with the game; merely wanted to point out that being able to run multiple quests, like the OP suggested, would be the only way someone like me would ever have the chance at such content. I know I won't likely be doing it, and the rewards that make AoL so valuable (especially T5CC) are becoming more and more available through other content. Would it be fun to so? Sure. Will I likely ever do it? Not in the foreseeable future. And that's fine.
  • Options
    StantonaStantona Posts: 108
    It would appear potion farming is the ONLY reason this currently isn’t allowed, even though I could spend a week just collecting revives and potions for a certain piece of content, doesn’t make sense to me.

I just think it would bring back a bit of freshness to the game to have various pieces of content available simultaneously. Imagine having your tech champs in the tech variant, 4* Starlord halfway through Labyrinth, top champs in Cavalier or Act 7 and your Aegons in the Abyss all at once, wouldn’t that keep it exciting? Like people say, not everyone has endless hours in a day for a mobile game, having a quick break at work to finish that event quest path or a long bus journey to smash out a bit of Abyss would open up more opportunities for those with busy lifestyles.

You will always have those die hard gamers who want to complete everything asap so units will always be bought and money spent. I really don’t think this change would be game breaking but instead keep the entire community engaged depending what level they are at and how much spare time they have from day to day.
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    Zan0 said:

Stantona said:

It would appear potion farming is the ONLY reason this currently isn’t allowed, even though I could spend a week just collecting revives and potions for a certain piece of content, doesn’t make sense to me.

I just think it would bring back a bit of freshness to the game to have various pieces of content available simultaneously. Imagine having your tech champs in the tech variant, 4* Starlord halfway through Labyrinth, top champs in Cavalier or Act 7 and your Aegons in the Abyss all at once, wouldn’t that keep it exciting? Like people say, not everyone has endless hours in a day for a mobile game, having a quick break at work to finish that event quest path or a long bus journey to smash out a bit of Abyss would open up more opportunities for those with busy lifestyles.

You will always have those die hard gamers who want to complete everything asap so units will always be bought and money spent. I really don’t think this change would be game breaking but instead keep the entire community engaged depending what level they are at and how much spare time they have from day to day.

I think you underestimate how crazy revive farms are and how easy it would make Everest type content
    To be fair you farm up as much revives as needed in advance of entering the content already. Just seems odd that the potential to get items while locked in a quest is a concern when you can just get them first then enter. I just did the Canada challenge yesterday and had to break in the middle, would've liked to be able to burn energy elsewhere while that was on hold. I ended with a full inventory or 20%, 40% and 60% revives when I was done so not a matter of wanting to farm revives elsewhere, just that I'm weird about not liking sitting on full energy for a long time while locked in a quest I can put my full attention into.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    potion farming is already a joke. The best places to do it can be auto-fought with low level champions, and just need to click once or twice every couple minutes while watching TV or whatever.

Now if Kabam wants to make it so that you get better items if you mine harder content (e.g. put some L3 revives and L5 health potions out in act 6 or 7... then we are talking about actually needing to think a bit / using certain champs).

Heck... I just earned another L1 revive while writing this post (I just did a Carina challenge when I was at 71... still have some left, but building back up for next challenge)
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★

potion farming is already a joke. The best places to do it can be auto-fought with low level champions, and just need to click once or twice every couple minutes while watching TV or whatever.

Now if Kabam wants to make it so that you get better items if you mine harder content (e.g. put some L3 revives and L5 health potions out in act 6 or 7... then we are talking about actually needing to think a bit / using certain champs).

Heck... I just earned another L1 revive while writing this post (I just did a Carina challenge when I was at 71... still have some left, but building back up for next challenge)

I love the idea of higher level items in higher level content. I really don't need items, I only even did the last carina challenge I did because I had so much expiring, but being able to fight for 10k pots for example would be cool. I actually like the fact that for people who need revives have a place to go grind them out, much better than just forcing people to burn units or if they'd prefer not to have to delay content they want to do to restock. You still have to use your energy and time to get them now so it's fair enough imo.
  • Options
    Cap45Cap45 Posts: 419 ★★
    We definitely should be allowed to