**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Event Cavs - the silent nerf?

BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★
So is this 3.0% drop rate for 6s the new trend for limited pool Cav Crystals? It was interesting to see in the monthly crystal but the last cash and unit offers had the same nerfed rate. What’s up with this?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It's not nerfed. It's not meant to be 4.5%. A Specialty Crystal is not an FCav. An FCav is an increased chance at a specific Champ(s). A Specialty Crystal is an equal chance at a specific selection.
    Whether for money, Units, or Shards, it's not meant to be increased.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,301 ★★★★★

Since they halved the cost for these crystals and as far as we know the shard spread did not change, we're actually better off having these crystals.

We have one 4.5% chance at a six star in the previous crystals.

Since now we have two new cavs to one old one, we can use the chance of not getting a six star (97%) and times it by itself since we are rolling it twice (97%^2) which equates to 0.9409 or a 94.09% chance of you not getting a 6* from two new cavs.

That means that from 2 new cavs, we have a 5.91% of getting an event which gets us at least 1 6* champion.

These crystals are better so long as the shard spread does not get reduced.

The crystal being referenced is the one available in the store for 1450 units. This is not the one from the side quest you get from 2000 shards a piece.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I got all 3 stars
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Since they halved the cost for these crystals and as far as we know the shard spread did not change, we're actually better off having these crystals.

We have one 4.5% chance at a six star in the previous crystals.

Since now we have two new cavs to one old one, we can use the chance of not getting a six star (97%) and times it by itself since we are rolling it twice (97%^2) which equates to 0.9409 or a 94.09% chance of you not getting a 6* from two new cavs.

That means that from 2 new cavs, we have a 5.91% of getting an event which gets us at least 1 6* champion.

These crystals are better so long as the shard spread does not get reduced.

The crystal being referenced is the one available in the store for 1450 units. This is not the one from the side quest you get from 2000 shards a piece.
    ah.

nvm forget what I said.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,981 ★★★★★
    Clearly it's a nerf everyone. Just like the 100's of silent nerfs in the past.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★
    Up until this month we’ve been seeing a 4.5 drop rate on Cavs. Just curious on why the rate has reverted back to the old 3.0% on a number of crystals with no communication. No surprise the usual skeptic is claiming nothing to see
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Technically isn't a nerf, since it was since that since thr beginning
    It's not a Featured Cavalier. It's a Crystal with a list of specific Champions in it. Within those possibilities, you have 4 Rarities. It's not a Crystal with all possibilities and an increased chance at the ones listed.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022
    There have been two different drop rates since the drop rate changes last year. They have just chosen to do regular cavs for the side event and for this special pool. Doesn’t mean it is a nerf, and it isn’t silent since you can and should always look at drop rates of things you buy. It’s not like they advertised them as featured cavs and then did a normal drop rate.

Do you want them to add a disclaimer to Cavs like this? Like “WARNING: these specific Cavs may have lower drop rates than some other specific Cavs because they’re normal and not featured”?

It's not a Featured Cavalier. It's a Crystal with a list of specific Champions in it. Within those possibilities, you have 4 Rarities. It's not a Crystal with all possibilities and an increased chance at the ones listed.

Care to explain what kind of crystal this is and why there is a disparity in the drop rates? I get that we are getting more of the crystals but I am just curious what category the anthropomorphic crystals fall under. Is it featured cavalier or a crystal with a list of specific champions?
    Graves_3 said:

Care to explain what kind of crystal this is and why there is a disparity in the drop rates? I get that we are getting more of the crystals but I am just curious what category the anthropomorphic crystals fall under. Is it featured cavalier or a crystal with a list of specific champions?
    The amount of Shards required has changed, so I would assume that's why it's a lower rate. Again, something isn't consistent, no arguments here. However, they shouldn't be receiving the same Drop Rates as FCavs, realistically.

Graves_3 said:

The amount of Shards required has changed, so I would assume that's why it's a lower rate. Again, something isn't consistent, no arguments here. However, they shouldn't be receiving the same Drop Rates as FCavs, realistically.
    Except they have been for the “what’s next” Cav nexus and other similar crystals, the lack on consistency makes it a buyer beware situation where they should tag any crystal like this with a disclaimer

Graves_3 said:

How about these? Are these featured cavaliers?

There have been two different drop rates since the drop rate changes last year. They have just chosen to do regular cavs for the side event and for this special pool. Doesn’t mean it is a nerf, and it isn’t silent since you can and should always look at drop rates of things you buy. It’s not like they advertised them as featured cavs and then did a normal drop rate.

Do you want them to add a disclaimer to Cavs like this? Like “WARNING: these specific Cavs may have lower drop rates than some other specific Cavs because they’re normal and not featured”?

Yup, love this idea. There was a big forum post promoting the 4.5, there should be added transparency for any crystal that doesn’t meet that standard
    BigBlueOx said:

Graves_3 said:

Except they have been for the “what’s next” Cav nexus and other similar crystals, the lack on consistency makes it a buyer beware situation where they should tag any crystal like this with a disclaimer
    How is it buyer beware? The Drop Rates are listed, and barring the listing being incorrect, people can make their own decisions. People check them enough to point out any discrepancies.
    They're required to list the Drop Rates for Crystals purchased with money. They're not required to adhere to a specific Drop Rate.
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

The point being made is that the drop rates on these crystals varies widely and there is no uniformity. Kabam should just be consistent with the nomenclature and the intended drop rates on these crystals so people don’t have to keep checking the drop rates each time before buying.
    People should be checking the information before making any purchase for money, as a standard due diligence practice. At least if they're that concerned about their purchase.

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

The point being made is that the drop rates on these crystals varies widely and there is no uniformity. Kabam should just be consistent with the nomenclature and the intended drop rates on these crystals so people don’t have to keep checking the drop rates each time before buying.
    People should be checking the information before making any purchase for money, as a standard due diligence practice. At least if they're that concerned about their purchase.
    Or maybe if they market a thing as a Cav crystal after they made a big deal about telling the whole community about an improved drop rate for Cavs they should maintain that standard or give these sub-standard drop rates crystals a different name. I know crazy ask here, consistent and transparent standards.
    I'm not speaking for them at all. Given the opportunity, I'm sure they would be more than happy to explain if there was any kind of issue. Which they've done repeatedly. I'm speaking from a place of technicality.
    Technically, they're required to display Drop Rates on Items purchased with money. As a buyer, we are responsible for looking into what we purchase if it's something we feel strongly about knowing. Their obligation ends with providing what is indicated.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

They don’t vary widely. Since they did the overall Cav crystal rate increase last year (or whenever that was), there have been two static sets of drop rates. One has been for normal Cavs (which is 3% chance of a 6* drop) and one has been for features Cavs (which is the 4.5% chance for a 6% drop). Typically the side quests have used featured drop rates for Cavs, but this time they are using the normal Cav rates. Not sneaky or shifty choices by Kabam, but just giving more crystals with a lower rate.

I agree that they should be consistent with nomenclature, but here is the problem: featured Cavs have had that increased drop rate specifically because they offer a higher drop rate of the featured champ and because they cost more (like 300 units instead of 200 or 175 if you’re TB), but for crystals like the Sinister Energy Cav crystal, they don’t have a drop rate for any specific champion so they can’t really be called “featured”. They point is, that any named crystal is unique, so before opening or buying, you should check and see what the drop rates and rewards from that crystal are.
    BigBlueOx said:

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Or maybe if they market a thing as a Cav crystal after they made a big deal about telling the whole community about an improved drop rate for Cavs they should maintain that standard or give these sub-standard drop rates crystals a different name. I know crazy ask here, consistent and transparent standards.
    You seem to not understand that these have the same drop rates as normal Cav crystals have after the improved drop rates…..

These “sub-standard drop rate crystals” do actually have a different name. The “Cast and Crew” hasn’t been used to describe any other Cavs in the past, so if you haven’t encountered a crystal name before, maybe you should look to see what it offers. I know, crazy ask here for people to click the little i (does that thing have a name? I feel like it does but I can’t remember) next to the crystal name. Kabam have been consistent and transparent with all of their crystals because that simple feature exists (at least on most crystals and definitely the ones in question).