**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW MVP

IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
How does it work??? We have a guy in our BG who had overall 21 kills and then another person who had 0 kills yet they were MVP.

I am confused on that lol

Comments

• Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    it works on the % you complete and defender rating of your champs, but MVP means nothing you do not get anything for it
  • Options
    it works on the % you complete and defender rating of your champs, but MVP means nothing you do not get anything for it

I came to conclusion that its only defender rating that matters, exploration % isnt the deciding factor
  • Options
    IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    IanMoone wrote: »

I came to conclusion that its only defender rating that matters, exploration % isnt the deciding factor

Here's an idea: next time you have a war do not do any exploration and see how far defender rating gets you.
  • Options
    NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/23243/aw-question#latest

similar to my AW question from awhile back that got little response.

the % complete that you get seems to be based off of fights won and nodes crossed but there also seems to be some randomness to it that isn't clear.
  • Options
    MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    IanMoone wrote: »
    How does it work??? We have a guy in our BG who had overall 21 kills and then another person who had 0 kills yet they were MVP.

I am confused on that lol

Are you talking defender kills? You must be, because you can't have 21 attacker kills...and FYI MVP is based on attack so....
  • Options
    TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    MVP may be a combination of nodes cleared, defender rating, defender kills, diversity, and exploration.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,774 ★★★★★
    Go to Alliance War tab, click on History. Next click View Details, next click Overview. Click the info small icon next to each Summoner's name.

Check each Summoner's points. You can draw conclusions from there.
  • Options
    2pi51sp0dvk7.png
    cxdgkn770rsz.png
    qwgmrfvaxrgq.png
    x9hmhbc0d05f.png
    So explain how I had the same attacker kills, more exploration, more defender kills and higher defender rating yet finished lower than these other 2 players on my team
  • Options
    MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    kabam!?
  • Options
    @NinjaWarrior99 Either of those guys get a boss kill?
  • Options
    I would have to ask. It’s possible one of them did, but turd and spanky are in same bg.
  • Options
    I would have to ask. It’s possible one of them did, but turd and spanky are in same bg.

Well...given that little tidbit of information I have to lean towards the position of @Micklownick
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    It really seems kind of random. I only place r4s but I get MVP over people placing r5s so it can't just be about your team rating. Defender kills doesn't seem to matter.
  • Options
    rozerosrozeros Posts: 39
    2pi51sp0dvk7.png
    cxdgkn770rsz.png
    qwgmrfvaxrgq.png
    x9hmhbc0d05f.png
    So explain how I had the same attacker kills, more exploration, more defender kills and higher defender rating yet finished lower than these other 2 players on my team

You might be in a more competetive bg.
    Those two might have really poor teammates that performed awfully and done little to no % of their battlegroup clerance. So therefore the two chaps that finished above You, they made've up for the poor perfromers. Had that thing happen to me few times, been in 4th place few times coz of it
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,774 ★★★★★
    2pi51sp0dvk7.png
    cxdgkn770rsz.png
    qwgmrfvaxrgq.png
    x9hmhbc0d05f.png

A mod needs to bring this to game team.
  • Options
    We need @Kabam Miike or anyone else to bring this to the game team
  • Options
    2pi51sp0dvk7.png
    cxdgkn770rsz.png
    qwgmrfvaxrgq.png
    x9hmhbc0d05f.png

Thank you someone who understands what i am asking here and seeking answers lol
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I think the simple answer is the attackers you bring that determines your mvp status despite what we seeing here
  • Options
    KUROKURO Posts: 104
    The highest percentage to determine whether you are MVP or not, is coming from attacker kills, second are from champions exploration. And The stronger the opponent the higher you’ll get the points. So even you killing more than your teammates but if you only defeat the mediocre opponents and your teammates defeat the strong opponents but less kills, it’s possible he will be the one who get MVP based from the top opponents he encountered.
This discussion has been closed.