**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Phoenix Cav monthly quest

2»

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Beewee said:

Jaded said:

Beewee said:

Jaded said:

Human torch with nova flames. Easy fight

He’s not a good option because if she falters you. All damage being dealt will be dealt back to you and you die near instantly.
    Actually she doesn’t, I already posted a video.
    That’s because she didnt dash back. Thats how the falter works
    😂😂 whatever dude, HT works just fine.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Jaded said:

dot_ditto said:

Jaded said:

would love to see a video clip of you doing it .. ;)
    Lol doubt all you want mate 😂😂
    Any champ can do it, just keep her in the corner. I even used Apoc once. You don’t need video for proof all the time. I have no reason to lie.
    It's not an "easy fight" .. that's the point ..
    anyone can come in and say that without proof .. doesn't make it an easy fight ;)

I'd like to learn, and understand how you did it with him .

as I understand the fight ..
    (and the way it's gone every time for me .. with anyone I used)

you apply nova flame ...
    at some point you need to bait her special ...
    at some point she'll come out of the corner ..
    at some point, she's going to dash back ..
    You get falter, you start taking damage for all the nova flames you have on her ..
    RIP ..

that's how's it worked every time for me . so yes . I would love to see a video to understand how it's an "easy fight"

Really wish people would stop taking things so personally around here .. *sigh*
    Jaded said:

dot_ditto said:

Jaded said:

Any champ can do it, just keep her in the corner. I even used Apoc once. You don’t need video for proof all the time. I have no reason to lie.
    Not an easy fight .. that's the point ..

as I understand the fight
    StainA said:

AA shut her down reasonably well once she had some neurotoxins on her.

How though? She purifies all debuffs and converts to furies when she dashes back. Toxins wouldn’t last long enough to do much at all 🤔
    I was thinking same thing ..
    I tried with my AA a few times .. didn't end well
    Jaded said:

dot_ditto said:

Jaded said:

Because I had one lane left against her.
    Easy.
    https://youtu.be/sFquLVv6TZM
    Very nicely done . thanks!

watching it though .. I still wouldn't call that an "easy fight" .. first off .. it took a lot longer than my fights using Venom :pensive:
    2nd ... the AI you had cooperated with you much better than it has me .. but that could just be subtleties of play styles triggering different AI behaviour .. :) (ie sucks to be me) ...

but I find she plays much more aggressive for me .. and does a lot of dash-back-dash forwards ... She spends most her time in falter when I play her .. I find it very hard to "keep" her backed into her corner .. ;)

• OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,670 ★★★★
    edited March 2022
    dot_ditto said:

Jaded said:

dot_ditto said:

Jaded said:

Not an easy fight .. that's the point ..

as I understand the fight
    StainA said:

AA shut her down reasonably well once she had some neurotoxins on her.

How though? She purifies all debuffs and converts to furies when she dashes back. Toxins wouldn’t last long enough to do much at all 🤔
    I was thinking same thing ..
    I tried with my AA a few times .. didn't end well
    With AA I was just patient. Get her bleeding etc., watch out for the falter, kept her in the corner as much as possible, eventually she starts taking a bunch of damage. Generally if a neuro was up she didn’t regen. Weren’t all solos, but at least 3. Finished her with Apoc when AA got tagged.
    dot_ditto said:

Jaded said:

dot_ditto said:

Jaded said:

Because I had one lane left against her.
    Easy.
    https://youtu.be/sFquLVv6TZM
    Very nicely done . thanks!

watching it though .. I still wouldn't call that an "easy fight" .. first off .. it took a lot longer than my fights using Venom :pensive:
    2nd ... the AI you had cooperated with you much better than it has me .. but that could just be subtleties of play styles triggering different AI behaviour .. :) (ie sucks to be me) ...

but I find she plays much more aggressive for me .. and does a lot of dash-back-dash forwards ... She spends most her time in falter when I play her .. I find it very hard to "keep" her backed into her corner .. ;)

It is an easy fight for those well versed in these nodes. They had it in SOP and I used HT for that as well. This is a well trained fight for my fingers, I pushed her to the corner and left myself open to bait out specials. It’s a common tactic that’s learnt after many years and completing the hardest content in the game. Also, she doesn’t reflect passive damage back unless you hit her while falter. So if she does dash back you have to wait out the falter. I demonstrated that in the video. I had zero issues with this fight and can be done with many attackers. My Apoc fight was 200 hits but very smooth since he could stun her on attacks giving me openings. I also used Kitty with Tigra synergy for another run. Every month people have problems with a fight here and there, its not new there is a wide range of players that see the fight easy or hard.
  • MatthewmercuryMatthewmercury Posts: 70
    The issue I had with AA was that with his neurotoxins up she stopped generating furies so she wasn't taking any damage. Really can be done with anyone, I just liked voodoo to have more control over how many 'buffs' she had on her at any point
    ignoring the subtle backhanded comments ...I'm not here for that .

I'm thronebreaker .. and been playing since game inception - so good chance I've played longer than you have :P
    .. but I've yet to tackle things like Labyrinth or Abyss ... so I'll defer to the actual "pros" .. who invest more time into the game than me (ie such as yourself) ;)
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

They had it in SOP

didn't know that .. I did some SOP, however, skipped the harder stuff .. :P

Also, she doesn’t reflect passive damage back unless you hit her while falter
    Didn't know that either .. thanks for the info ..

Every month people have problems with a fight here and there, its not new there is a wide range of players that see the fight easy or hard.
    Agree.

thanks again for the tips and suggestions ... it's appreciated!
    dot_ditto said:

ignoring the subtle backhanded comments ...I'm not here for that .

I'm thronebreaker .. and been playing since game inception - so good chance I've played longer than you have :P
    .. but I've yet to tackle things like Labyrinth or Abyss ... so I'll defer to the actual "pros" .. who invest more time into the game than me (ie such as yourself) ;)

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

They had it in SOP

didn't know that .. I did some SOP, however, skipped the harder stuff .. :P

Also, she doesn’t reflect passive damage back unless you hit her while falter
    Didn't know that either .. thanks for the info ..

Every month people have problems with a fight here and there, its not new there is a wide range of players that see the fight easy or hard.
    Agree.

thanks again for the tips and suggestions ... it's appreciated!

I’m not making anything into a “subtle backhand comment”. It’s facts, does it matter how long someone plays the game if they don’t do the hard content? I’ve seen people on the forums complain they have been playing since the beginning and can’t do act 5 bosses. Opting out of hard content is completely your choice but don't go around saying you’ve been playing longer and implying to be better because of it. I started playing when Civil warrior was released. I’m no newbie at the game and have completed all the hard content in the game before nerfs came along.

I really hope my tips/suggestions on the fight help, by no means was anything I said meant as a slight to anyone.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Tbh, this fight was wonderfully designed.

The TLDR of the node is, you need to use champs with debuffs.

The more detailed explanation is as follows:
    - You debuff Phoenix, when she dashes back, she will convert the debuffs into fury buffs,
    - This will fulfill the Buffed Up (defender) requirement
    - However, you’ll also get faltered so you need to wait out the falter timer (if you’re not using an anti-miss champ) then you’ll be able to damage her.

Pure evil would have been putting stun immunity with heavy hitter on that boss on top of the current node.
    Jaded said:

but don't go around saying you’ve been playing longer and implying to be better because of it.

I never said that . in fact, I said quite the opposite and conceded you're a better player .. so not sure where that statement came from . except as an attempt to be argumentative ..
    xNig said:

I actually agree with this statement.
    It's not an easy fight .. but neither is a difficult one.
    You have to be careful how you play ... but yeah, I agree, it's actually a well designed fight.
    Seems REALLY nasty at first ... but very good fight.
    dot_ditto said:

Jaded said:

but don't go around saying you’ve been playing longer and implying to be better because of it.

I never said that . in fact, I said quite the opposite and conceded you're a better player .. so not sure where that statement came from . except as an attempt to be argumentative ..
    Then this was all pointless to mention if you didn’t have any ego on your time playing the game.
    dot_ditto said:

I provided video proof of Human Torch with nova flames working as a good counter to her because of his passive damage. That’s all, time to move on and figure out how to do more harder content so you become more accustomed to this.
  • KurwyKurwy Posts: 1
    question, do these kabam rams think that we all play on the same level as lagacy or kt1 ??? go fenix is ​​a failure
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 304 ★★
    Jaded said:

dot_ditto said:

Jaded said:

...Is Apoc supposed to be a bad choice here? I tried him on just because I picked him for the path and managed to win easily. After having my champions' collective cherrypicked bottoms handed to me in a previous take. I feel like I'm doing it wrong.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    I've found the easiest champ to counter her is Kitty Pryde.

Just keep phasing into her until she's dead 🤣🤣🤣

https://youtu.be/FJif3ywTnDc
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★

xNig said:

The TLDR of the node is, you need to use champs with debuffs.

The more detailed explanation is as follows:
    - You debuff Phoenix, when she dashes back, she will convert the debuffs into fury buffs,
    - This will fulfill the Buffed Up (defender) requirement
    - However, you’ll also get faltered so you need to wait out the falter timer (if you’re not using an anti-miss champ) then you’ll be able to damage her.

Pure evil would have been putting stun immunity with heavy hitter on that boss on top of the current node.

I'll be honest, I didn't do any of that. Colo, although I don't think he is supposed to be an option, does great. I got hit a lot but still ended up finishing the fight at 90% because of all the willpower healing. I had to learn the hard way not to push her to sp2 tho.
    Phoenix, by herself, generates fury buffs that can help fulfill the buffed up criteria. So by right, any champ works.

But to play around the node, as per design, or if the defender isn’t Phoenix but a champ that doesn’t generically generate buffs, a debuff champ is needed.