**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I miss cutscenes at the end of event quests

TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★
I really enjoyed cutscenes we used to get at the end of event quests for things like the infinity stones that gave small teasers for things to come. Based on the event quest this month I half expected one based on the storyline. Bring ‘em back! That is all.

Comments

• Options
    Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    I'd love that actually
  • Options
    TsmittTsmitt Posts: 41
    I agree, to at least give an end to the monthly story even. Those were cool.
  • Options
    Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    I'd love that actually

I also want more of these! They're a lot of work and take a lot longer than you'd think. I'm hoping we can do more in the future though.

I especially liked this one, because I got to help drive it:

But this one is by far my favourite:

Full Storyline for that one.

Thanks 🔥
  • Options
    SnuggzySnuggzy Posts: 244 ★★
    Crine60 said:

I also want more of these! They're a lot of work and take a lot longer than you'd think. I'm hoping we can do more in the future though.

If they are too much work to do regularly it would be nice if you at least did a text wrap up to close out the quest storyline. Most months the story is just left hanging.
    I agree. Last month worked well with the extra move, following the boss, enabling the story to reach its conclusion. I'd prefer a cutscene, of course, but beggars can't be choosers.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★

Nice. Yeah I’m sure a lot of work goes into them. I actually read the storylines every month and I get a little adrenaline rush when you finish that last fight and expect to get dropped at the main screen but get a cutscene instead. Really nice way to give the plot some extra umph in the big picture of things.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Last Month's Event ended with an extra Tile so they could fit in one more bit of Story, I thought that was the perfect opportunity for a Ending Cutscenes.
    Or even better have Two Split Tiles at the end that would lead to Two Slightly Different Cutscenes, depending on if you sided with Cap Falcon or MistyK.
  • Options

Out of curiosity, when are the Stories for each month written then implemented? Is it a few month's in advance when the characters for that month start getting designed, or is it during whatever month the Quest is designed?

Cause obviously like you said the Cutscenes are gonna take more time to design, so are they only designed when the designers have free time leftover or only when they feel the need to add an ending/have a good idea for one?
  • Options
    Crine60 said:

If they are too much work to do regularly it would be nice if you at least did a text wrap up to close out the quest storyline. Most months the story is just left hanging.
    Yeah like iirc the last time we saw the Guardians of the Galaxy their story ended still being stuck in the past, beating either Kang or Thanos the first time they were released...
  • Options
    firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★

"Come to me, my X-Men."
    That quote is still in my mind due to the fact that it was, in fact, Professor Xavier.
    And while he's not the iconic 90s look, or what he looked like in XML2, seeing him in MCOC as a sneak peak, before he fully came out, was quite interesting and dare I say, the only time something like that occured.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    I really like the cutscenes, not seeing them almost feels like a let down, especially after a particularly difficult final boss fight.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    Fully agree on wanting more cut-scenes or at the least a bit like last month's to wrap it up after the boss fight.