**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Possible AW fix

This is an idea I have been thinking about recently since AW is a pretty terrible experience atm. Basically AW can be kept roughly the same a few nodes can be tweaked but change the item use system to either no items allowed at all or set items given to player at the beginning of the war with bonus points awarded for saving them.
Either way skill will be the deciding factor.
Considering the obscene amount of money kabam are making from GM crystals having a truly competitive game mode would be huge for the future of the game. Giving players a reason to keep ranking up players.

Comments

• Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    set to no items used allowed? why would they do that? lmao.
  • Options
    SouthfenceSouthfence Posts: 39
    To stop it from being pay to win. To create a game mode that money cant win. To stop AW from being a joke. To make it competitive. To stop players being salty about AW just to name a few reasons.

But yes your right kabam will just keep milking the players.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Well, yeah. They gotta keep the lights on and all. Put food in their kids bellies.

The best way to improve War would be to bring back defender kills and make them relevant again.
  • Options
    Jank39Jank39 Posts: 139
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    Well, yeah. They gotta keep the lights on and all. Put food in their kids bellies.

The best way to improve War would be to bring back defender kills and make them relevant again.

Agree... Kabam is a company and needs to make money, but a compromise would be to have defender kills generate points, even if it is a nominal amount. That way teams could decide if it is worth placing 2 Magiks forinstance in a BG, lose some diversity points but possibly get a few more kills. Would also keep the attackers guessing on who they are coming up against... ATM AW is just a process of matching two teams and invariably the team with the highest rating wins as both typically get full scores for diversity and completion/exploration....
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Spending has always been an option, and people have been doing it since Wars began. They're not likely going to penalize people from doing it, or stop them from using Resources.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    Southfence wrote: »
    To stop it from being pay to win. To create a game mode that money cant win. To stop AW from being a joke. To make it competitive. To stop players being salty about AW just to name a few reasons.

But yes your right kabam will just keep milking the players.

Competitive? Really? How's this for competitive: everyone has a symbiote team with X stats, cause USEFUL CHAMPS and their DUPES and RANKS may have been BOUGHT. No one can use their masteries, because those MAY have been BOUGHT. Everyone is in the same tier because EVERYONE'S THE SAME. There are no rewards because WHY WOULD YOU REWARD SOMEONE TO MAKE IMPROVEMENTS FOR CHAMPS THAT YOU CAN'T BY DEFINITION IMPROVE BECAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT SKILL NOT BUYING oh I give up
  • Options
    SouthfenceSouthfence Posts: 39
    It was just my idea. I guess you guys dont like it.
    My thinking is that defender kills are rewarded by players dying and not being able to revive. Requiring another player to help. If the nodes are tough enough it wont be 100%v100% so placing your best defenders is a possible option. But also those defender diversity points could be a tie breaker.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I appreciate that you had a suggestion. I think everyone is free to make them. I'm just pointing out the fact that people have always been able to spend in War, and they've done so all along. There is a general misconception that people are able to buy Wins now. That's not the case. The only thing that using Resources will do is assist in completing the Map, and that's been done all along. The difference between then and now is that people were using Resources to decrease their chance of winning before. Which is not a good way to encourage people to make an effort. There's more to the issue of Defender Kills than just that. It's the number of Points that were accumulated by them as well. When some Wars are stacking 100-200+ Defender Kills, that becomes the entire focus of War, because the number of Points guaranteed Wins. That changed the shape of War over time, and created an entirely different focus from the onset of War originally. Not to mention the inclusion of 6*s in the future, with higher CR, that will inevitably be placed in Defense. That will make it an even larger issue. The Item Use and spending hasn't changed. It's still the same number of limited Items. Both systems have people spending. The old system didn't stop people from using them. It meant that people were paying to lose, or come closer to it. They still spent because they were trying for Exploration and Kills. Naturally, most people are going to try and finish. When that means spending large amounts of Resources and being penalized for it, that's a problem. People argue that Defender Kills are about skill. I disagree. I believe the real issue is that they can no longer rely on them to win.