**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Show your mcoc age.

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★

Slashed Tyres Juggs in act 4.
    When alliances weren't available yet.
    Using T1A as ISO to rank up levels
    My earliest account photo-

Using cats for iso to level up…that’s a long ago memory for me. I remember trying to figure out linked nodes in this new mode called “Alliance Quest.”

Game Center has recorded a download of MCoC for me on December 17, 2014, which is a little after the game debuted on the iTunes Store. My two longest running game friends downloaded the following week (sadly, they dropped off for good this month). It’s been a long, long time.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    Dupe day was Tuesday. Gamora and Iron Fist were hard hitting champs.

No masteries no awakened abilities, no alliances for the first 3 months of the game.

• Options
    firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    - I remember when 6 stars first came out with the 6 star boss rush hyping them up, with the controversy about how hard it was.
    - I remember when Starky first came out
    - I remember the great server down day during the 2099 and Carnage event
    - I remember only getting a 3 star crystal for 100% of Act 1.
    - I remember when Blade (and the holy Trinity) we're the best in the game and there were threads on here of people thinking they'll get nerfed every two seconds.
    - I remember when Colossus was trash.
    - I remember the AA stun nerf controversy.
    - I remember how for the longest time it was impossible to take a 5 star to R5.
    - I remember BG streaming LOL while using a 4/55 Gwenpool
    - I remember how for the longest time, the collector was considered to be impossible to one shot.
    - I remember how for the longest time, we were denied a 5 star Wolverine and Scarlet Witch as they'd be too overpowered.
    - I remember rocket's scrapyard (my first ever side event)
    - I remember the entire community rallying with pitchforks over 12.0.
    - I remember how hard it was to get 5 stars for the longest time.
    - I remember the first ever time the 5 star shard arena came out, with the 1 dollar choice 4 star crystal, which inspired a future boss rush for the lowest voted 4 stars.
    - I remember the "underdog" boss rush which included Magneto back when he was trash and not the God he is now.
    - I remember Seatin's old Ghost Rider opening and his Gambit opening.
    - I remember Anonymous2k and his 5 star Iceman opening.
  • Options
    Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★
    Don't press the button!
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,024 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Slashed Tyres Juggs in act 4.
    When alliances weren't available yet.
    Using T1A as ISO to rank up levels
    My earliest account photo-

Using cats for iso to level up…that’s a long ago memory for me. I remember trying to figure out linked nodes in this new mode called “Alliance Quest.”

Game Center has recorded a download of MCoC for me on December 17, 2014, which is a little after the game debuted on the iTunes Store. My two longest running game friends downloaded the following week (sadly, they dropped off for good this month). It’s been a long, long time.

Dr. Zola
    I am right around that time as well since it was the same time I was moving to Texas and was in my empty house waiting for all my stuff to come from Kansas because I had to start working before my stuff got moved. All I had was my phone for entertainment so I downloaded MCOC and the rest is history.
  • Options
    the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★
    I remember I used to play the game Injustice gods among us on the phone , then this game came along and I switched. I saw a lot of players during that time coming over from the DC game here.
    Also remember when having a duped 3* thor as the main profile character was a huge deal. If he even has 1 4* juggernaut or something , daymn that guy must be ballin on lucky AF lol
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Remember when Chests had an Opening Animation once you completed the Quest?
    The little handle on the side would pop out, pull down like a lever, then the items would be shown. (and iirc you couldn't skip it so if you got 3 Chests in a Quest you'd have to watch all of them every single time)
  • Options
    Etm34 said:

Return to the micro realm EQ, and when the holy trinity was the most dominant trio in the game.

Trios being a big thing shows age itself, funny how one day Everyone just stopped talking about them/using them to scale rosters.
  • Options
    MaxGaming said:

Anyone else remember the Civil war choosing a side, Cap or Ironman. Cap all the way
    The donation that you would give to your alliance to start Alliance quests

I started either just before or during that Civil War Event, but I had been watching people play the game almost since Release while I saved up for a Tablet that was compatible with the game.
    I remember grinding like crazy to get a 3 Star Black Panther Civil War when he first entered the Arena which was close to when I started playing, also remember grinding the older Objectives to get enough Sig Stones to Max a 2 Star Iron Man within my first month of playing...

Why 2 Star Iron Man of all things I have no idea 🤣
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 259 ★★
    Once you could do arena with five champs on your team…
  • Options
    ClearonClearon Posts: 11
    I remember the lone Legendary swordless Drax the Destroyer punching in the air, defeating all his foes.
  • Options
    Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    Before there was expired inventory
    Before they removed perfect block and nerfed SW, Doctor Strange, Thor, etc...
    When Alliance page had "Base" tab with "coming soon" for ages
    Before they nerfed Wolverine and Deadpool
    when there was some specials 5x5 arena matches (or was it 7x7?)
    When _Adora managed the forum much before kabam miike join the team (or I think that was her name)
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    I remember getting my free 2* punisher to show what the newly added signature ability does.
  • Options
    LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    I remember when Champions was only 8-bit and you'd get that weird screeching sound when the game loaded up and connected to the internet. I used to hate when my mom picked up the landline and would accidentally disconnect me during a match.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    Bases coming soon perfect bock DS Sw and Thor were top champs. My first r5 4* was DS and rr was top prestige champ
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Noise72 said:

Don't press the button!

I pressed the button. XD
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I remember when ROL was the toughest side/special quest. I remember when slashed tires was a node on Juggernaut in Act 4. I remember when there was no parry dex issues.
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    I remember when there were no signature abilities so you basically got nothing much out of pulling a repeated champ.
  • Options
    Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    Had the game from day 1 although I didn’t play it much at first. I remember when the chat was full of #freedeadpool. Always assumed it was in protest as you could only get him if you paid money. We got deadpool x awhile later… still waiting for his buff though.
  • Options
    Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    I remember when they changed class relationships.
    Here's what they originally were

• Options
    BarryMcCaulkinerBarryMcCaulkiner Posts: 178 ★★
    edited April 2022
    When the hardest eq boss was a 17k pi Mephisto. That was a turning point in the game going towards defenders imo
  • Options
    TeufelHundenTeufelHunden Posts: 104
    I remember 12.0 fiasco
  • Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    Remember when alliances didn't exist?
    Remember when the Ultron event quest was a full-blown story quest?
    Remember when level cap was 50?
    Remember the Ant-man/Yellowjacket arena that required Pym canisters to even join?
    Remember when Ultron/Electro/Rocket were the prestige gods of the game?
    Remember when guillotine was the only heal reversal champion in the game?
    Remember BrutalDLX being the only person to complete RoL?
    Remember people getting booted from alliances for opening premium crystals outside of Dupe Day? All for an extra premium crystal too.
    Remember when 4* Unstoppable Colossus was the top ranked prize for Alliance events?
    Remember when monthly quests only had one difficulty?
    Remember the bug during the Guillotine/Venom quest that allowed people to repeat explore the quests for massive amounts of free 5* shards? I was in class during that time :(
    Remember when 4* crystals cost 2500 units?
    Remember when bases were Coming Soon™
    Remember when alliances cost battle chips?
    Remember the alliance treasury?
    Remember when Thanos was the final boss of the story?
    Remember when 3* Deadpool cost $5?
    Remember the entire chapter of Adaptoids back in Act 1? (was that even act 1?)
    Remember when nearly every single champion had the same 3-4 sets of animations?
    Remember duel targets?
    Remember when nodes and portals didn't exist?
  • Options
    PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Posts: 334 ★★★
    I remember when we could donate battlechips, loyalty and coins.
  • Options
    PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Posts: 334 ★★★
    I remember when the game was less laggy.