**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Green Goblin Buff Concept

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,726 ★★★★★
I haven't written up a buff concept in a long time. I thought it was time to give Green Goblin some love. I was a little disappointed that Hobgoblin didn't win the community's champion vote since I really want a good Goblin in the game. So I decided, hey, I might as well try to play around with the green one we have in the game.

Signature Ability – Oscorp Weaponry

Every Shock and Power Burn Debuff on the opponent increases Green Goblin's Special and Heavy Attack Damage by 5-25%, up to 100%.

For every Shock Debuff on the opponent, the opponent generates 1-10% (max 40%) less Power. If Green Goblin has more Shock Debuffs than Power Burn Debuffs, Green Goblin also gains +30% Attack on Special Attacks.

For every Power Burn Debuff on the opponent, Green Goblin regenerates 2-15% (max 60%) of damage taken from Basic Attacks. If Green Goblin has more Power Burn Debuffs than Shock Debuffs, opponents also deal -30% less damage on Special Attacks.

I moved some of Green Goblin's current abilities to his signature abilities. They are now tied to his shock and power burn debuffs rather than his cunning and madness.

Airborne

Green Goblin starts the fight atop his Glider and stays Airborne as long as he isn't knocked down by either a Heavy or Special Attack.

While Airborne, Passive Effects suffer a -70% chance of triggering when he dashes backward with a Precision Buff active. This chance is increased to -100% against Mutant champions and decreased to -30% against Cosmic champions.

Passive Effects tries to trigger with a 0,2-second delay.

Light Combo Enders place a 12-second Shock Debuff on the opponent. Every time it expires, it removes one Prowess from the opponent and reapplies. These Shock Debuffs can stack up to 10 times.

Medium Combo Enders place a Power Burn on the opponent, burning 7,5% of a Bar of Power over 12 seconds. Every time it expires, it removes one Prowess from the opponent and reapplies. These Power Burns can stack up to 10 times.

Green Goblin becomes a significantly trickier foe when he's atop his glider. Not only can he place shock and power burn debuffs on his enemies (which work especially well against opponents with a lot of prowess buffs), he can also circumvent passive effects as long as he has a precision buff. It's not fully reliable against non-mutant champions but when he has class advantage, he is able to fully avoid damage from nodes such as No Retreat. Just be careful to actually dex an attack for the precision buff, and don't get knocked down.

Grounded

If Green Goblin is Grounded, he becomes Airborne as soon as he activates a Special Attack.

When Green Goblin is Grounded, all Shocks and Power Burns on the opponent are removed.

While Grounded, every Precision Buff that expires on Green Goblin gives him a burst of 15% of a Bar of Power.

Green Goblin loses a lot of damage and utility if he is ever knocked down from his glider, but luckily he gains a little power every time a precision buff expires on him. If you're good at intercepting the opponent, you'll be up at a bar of power in no time.

Heavy Attacks

100% chance to gain a non-stacking Precision Buff for 12 seconds, increasing Critical Rating by 15%.

Against Mutants and Spider-Verse Heroes, the attack also stack three indefinite zero-effect Prowess passives on the opponent. Cooldown 8 seconds.

Do you want to take advantage of Green Goblin's ability to circumvent passive effects? Just throw a heavy attack. It is also a way to stack up prowess on the opponent in order to fuel his other abilities.

Special Attack 1

Laser: Each hit has a 40% chance to place a Weakness, Power-Lock, Taunt or a Power Sting Debuff, respectively. Against Mutants, this chance is increased to 100%.

Pumpkin Bomb: 100% chance to activate Slow. Against Spider-Verse Heroes, it activates at the start of the Special Attack and has a 35% chance to be refreshed at the end.

Green Goblin has access to a lot of debuffs on his SP1. If he's fighting spider-verse champions, he'll want to use an SP1 to shut down all of their pesky evades.

Special Attack 2

Afterburner: 100% chance to inflict the opponent with an Incinerate Debuff.

Pumpkin Bomb: If Green Goblin is Airborne while performing the Special Attack, he starts with a 0% chance to place Poison Debuffs on the opponent. Each Prowess effect on the opponent increases this chance by 25%. At 100%, a Poison Debuff is placed on the opponent and the chance is reset to 0%.

Green Goblin continues to place a Poison Debuff for every fourth Prowess on the opponent until one fails, with each gaining +30% Potency for every Poison placed on the opponent after the first one.

This attack won't deal too much damage if the opponent doesn't have any prowess active on them, but if they do its damage can ramp up quickly.

Special Attack 3

Place a Concussion Debuff on the opponent reducing Ability Accuracy by 70%. This Debuff lasts for 10 seconds +1 additional second for each Prowess effect on the opponent. Every time a Prowess effect fails to activate after that, refresh the initial 10-second duration.

Against Mutants and Spider-Verse Heroes, every failed Prowess effect also grants Green Goblin an indefinite passive Prowess that increases his Special Attack damage by 15% each. These Prowess passives can stack up to 20 times.

Want to shut down a mutant opponent? Go for the SP3. The more prowess they have, the longer the concussion debuff will stay up. The more prowess gains it shuts down, the more times it will be refreshed. Additionally, every failed prowess powers up Green Goblin's own special attacks.

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Sounds really interesting @Ercarret
    I like the Airborne/Grounded mechanic, as an idea.

I'm a bit worried he's over-reliant on countering Prowess. There are only 17 champs in the game (out of 222) who use Prowess, outside of synergies and nodes.

So against the other 205 champs, he'll be completely dependent on landing Heavy attacks to get any Poison damage at all from his SP2.

The fact that his Power Burn and Shock debuffs consume Prowess will exacerbate this problem, if his SP2 is intended to be a decent source of poison damage. You'll be consuming the very Prowess you need to fuel the SP2. Similarly his SP3 concussion will be impossible to refresh against 205/222 champions, since you won't be able to refresh it with a Heavy Attack.

I wonder - what about instead taking the Tech approach of enhancing his SP2 by combining the Power Burn/Shock debuffs into something unique, akin to Plasma?
    Or alternately, if you want something a bit more different from IMIW, an SP2 could inflict an instant Power Burn effect of 20% per active Power Burn debuff? And/or energy burst damage based on active Shock debuffs?
    - with one of those abilities, you could keep his ability to strip Prowess, and since that will extends your debuffs, it'll make it easier (rather than harder) to get a more powerful SP2?