6* rank ups

GhostPoolSpiderGhostPoolSpider Member Posts: 32
edited April 2022 in Strategy and Tips
So I have both 5* shang chi and Warlock maxed out (both duped), but yesterday I pulled both of them as 6*, is it worth the investment to rank them up or should I just wait for other champs who are equally good? What do you guys think?
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    There are a few champs I think are worth it as 5/6* rankup tandems. Warlock was for me, as well as Torch, Kitty, Peni and CGR (all of whom I have as max 5* and R3 6*).

There are probably a few others (AA maybe, Doom, Apoc, Nick, for example) I would put into that category. I only have Shang as a R4 5* and do not use him, so I don’t feel qualified to comment on him.

Dr. Zola
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,299 ★★★★★
    There are several champs who are worth to rank up as both 5 and 6 star as @DrZola mentioned.
    Warlock is one of them. He actually benefits from high rank for his damage. One of the best utility god in game right now. He is worth every resource you have for 6 star and he don't disappoints at all
  • GhostPoolSpiderGhostPoolSpider Member Posts: 32
    DrZola said:

There are a few champs I think are worth it as 5/6* rankup tandems. Warlock was for me, as well as Torch, Kitty, Peni and CGR (all of whom I have as max 5* and R3 6*).

There are probably a few others (AA maybe, Doom, Apoc, Nick, for example) I would put into that category. I only have Shang as a R4 5* and do not use him, so I don’t feel qualified to comment on him.

Dr. Zola

Would you add corvus to that list?
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Would you add corvus to that list?
    He’s probably on that list too. Other notables are predictable names like Ghost, Hypo, maybe others. One common attribute is older, easily obtainable champs that are still viable for content as 5* (AA, Ghost and Hypo are prime examples). Never hurts to be able to bring both 5/6* to a lane suited for their abilities.

I’d have to think about someone like Ultron—more of a close call, since there are other multi-immune champs with comparable abilities. Red Mags is another close call, since the 5* can do most of what you need. I’m currently stumbling over awakening my 6* Guardian, who I also have as a max sig 5*—he’s probably borderline as well. Similar situation for me with Aegon—max sig R5 5*, have had the 6* awakened and at L120 for a while. He still sits at R1.

Dr. Zola
  • DL864DL864 Member Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    6* are the future of the game. I don't even invest in 5* anymore unless it's a rare champ. I did do weapon-x ang omega Sentinel. But that's the only ones I have done in the last year.