**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Opinion: Battlegrounds Should Be Made Equal

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
edited April 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
So, here me out here: Everyone should be given the same roster for battlegrounds.

Here’s my reasoning for this. If this mode is going to be the most competitive, especially with AW losing popularity quickly, it would make more sense for everyone to be given the same roster. I’ve only got 13 r3s. Subjectively, there are many people who are more skilled at the game that have less champs ranked up than people who have more champs ranked up.

For a lot of people; they have expanded rosters because they spend. Maybe they haven’t done abyss, maybe they haven’t explored act 7, but they could have 50+ r3s because they spend money on the game.

All I’m saying is that I think battlegrounds needs to be more targeted towards skill than towards roster availability. Especially as we’re getting towards people having upwards of 5, or even more r4s.

So now even if this happens, there should be some gap between those with big and those with small rosters. I think there should be different divisions. I think Thronebreakers should be in the top division, then Cavs, then everyone else.

Now this is still not a perfect suggestion by any means. I would definitely need to see this put into action to see if it would work. There are some things in this idea that could have major problems, but I figured I’d just throw out the idea

Comments

• Options

If everyone had the same roster then the strategy of making a deck balanced with attackers and defenders that are good for the current global, goes away

You would have access to all champs, which you would pick your deck from. Everyone wouldn’t have the same deck
  • Options
    Master_Dan_1000Master_Dan_1000 Posts: 56
    No don’t like this idea sorry. Part of the fun of the game is collecting and ranking up champs to use in game modes like this.
  • Options
    OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    It takes forever to get into a fight i don't like it at all
  • Options
    well maybe this wasn't my best idea
  • Options
    AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★

I like the idea of having at least one pure skill/strategy mode (or as close to that as possible), but there will always be people who just want to Doom slap everyone with their wallet.

• Options
    Aburaees said:

I like the idea of having at least one pure skill/strategy mode (or as close to that as possible), but there will always be people who just want to Doom slap everyone with their wallet.

I actually think it’s completely reasonable to not want what I’m suggesting. If people have worked hard to build up a roster, they’re going to want to use it in content.
  • Options

Aburaees said:

I actually think it’s completely reasonable to not want what I’m suggesting. If people have worked hard to build up a roster, they’re going to want to use it in content.
    Of course, and that’s what pretty much every game mode does, gives advantage to developed rosters.

By virtue of it being a mobile video game it’s like playing a game of chess where one person has 8 pawns and 2 each of rooks, knights, bishops etc, and the other has 16 queens.

But it would be nice for at least one game mode to have a level playing field and be a true competition. Although I think we’d have to wait for a console version to experience that.
  • Options
    Aburaees said:

Aburaees said:

Of course, and that’s what pretty much every game mode does, gives advantage to developed rosters.

By virtue of it being a mobile video game it’s like playing a game of chess where one person has 8 pawns and 2 each of rooks, knights, bishops etc, and the other has 16 queens.

But it would be nice for at least one game mode to have a level playing field and be a true competition. Although I think we’d have to wait for a console version to experience that.
    I think that would be great for something like the summoner showdown. Give everyone a chance to qualify and see how their skills are with a full roster
  • Options

Aburaees said:

Aburaees said:

I think that would be great for something like the summoner showdown. Give everyone a chance to qualify and see how their skills are with a full roster
    I’d definitely enjoy that.
  • Options
    BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    I actually somewhat agree with your post OP. A truly competitive game mode is one where every one is treated the same. They are all given the same resources and have to win based on their skill. However, I don't think the default battlegrounds should be level-balanced. I think normal battlegrounds should remain the way it is, BUT there should be a "competitive" battlegrounds that has a different leaderboard. A lot of mobile games use this model to encourage spending, but also foster a competitive scene. I think one of the biggest examples of this model would be Clash Royale. Immensely successful game that had a similar model: a ladder mode that gave benefits to spenders and a competitive, tournament mode that put everyone at the same level. I think if MCOC uses this type of model with battlegrounds we could see a renaissance, since it would allow MCOC to become a real esports-worthy game, which usually enlarges the playerbase.