**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Counters for path 4 knull and havok

Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 635 ★★★
edited April 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Hey guys, need help before AW season starts. What are some of the best counters for knull and havok in path 4 section 2 (node 36) for tier 4/5 maps. Thanks in advance

Steady Buildup – Unblockable (3 or more debuffs defender goes unblockable)
Crumbling Armor
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    For Knull a Nick Fury can work with Advanced power boost
    Just use a Sp1 & the debuffs should be shrugged off on knock down
    My Fury stays in defense so I just use Doom & let Knull stay unblockable for the whole fight
    I miss some intercepts but Doom's tankiness mostly saves me from giving a kill

Similarly I play against Havoc with Collossus, ignoring the unblockable & trying to go for intercepts

Other than those options, I think RedGuard can give some openings but I'm not sure as I don't use him much
    Some people also recommend Stryfe but I don't consider him much reliable for these fights

May be Super Skrull but I don't know how he gains that unblockable immunity or if he just passively has that
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Knull - Miles: you bait out one special and you can miss every attack for the rest of the fight by keeping Camo up (easy to do by just keeping Knull throwing specials). Miles cheeses this incredibly hard fight. Watch out for when he goes reverse controls, don’t parry him while he’s unblockable because your miss won’t trigger, but remember that any other time you’re hit it’ll just miss you, so reverse controls won’t be an issue apart from messing up some timing.

Havok - warlock is built to counter this. First off, never heavy attack - putting a bleed on Havok will put a debuff on you. Second off, never let him use an sp1 - charges will be applied quicker.

The theory of this fight is that you need to hold block, bait out a heavy and then go MLLL but stop one short of a full combo and immediately hold block. This will stop Havok using his special and you can either reparry or bait a heavy.

Warlock also specifically counters this fight in a couple ways. When a non contact medium hits his block he power drains the opponent, when Havok is power drained he loses all his plasma charges which when they get to 11 will start applying to you as the debuffs. Guess who has non contact mediums?

If Havok has willpower then applying armour breaks or parrying will also power drain him.

To be absolutely safe if he doesn’t have willpower, you can hold onto sp3 and use it when he goes above 2 bars of power (watch out that he doesn’t use sp1 while being power drained), but if he has willpower then power won’t be an issue, just use sp2. Again, watch out that he doesn’t use sp1 while being drained.

Crumbling armour won’t even be an issue if it triggers, because warlock can keep the fight under control by never, ever having any debuffs put on him when you play the fight properly.
  • Options
    D0ctor_SD0ctor_S Posts: 42
    edited April 2022
    Knull - Mole Man is slightly safer (if you're not keen on playing around unlockable) than Fury or Miles as you don't need to get to an sp1 or use an sp1 boost (you can use an invulnerable boost instead) as he shrugs off the debuffs going into the fight. Hit into Knulls block to avoid being backed up/bait heavies and aim to push Knull to sp2s. MoleMan can also resist unlockable attacks (outside of Frenzy) if you have points in Stand Your Ground mastery.

For Havok I like using OG Vision (high Sig 132+) as each time he power drains he removes Havoks plasma charges preventing the plasma build up.
  • Options
    D0ctor_SD0ctor_S Posts: 42
    edited April 2022
    Double post
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 635 ★★★
    Thanks guys. Really helpful. @BitterSteel I knew warlock was good, but I keep learning new ways to use him everyday. Never thought of his power drain on mediums before. I always used kitty (with tigra synergy) for that fight and phased his plasma debuffs. Now I have another option