**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Glued In Place, Unable to Dodge Heavies

dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
edited October 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Not routinely, but every so often, I swipe back, yet just stand there and eat a heavy. If it was just that, I would chalk it up to maybe I didn't swipe enough, too slow, whatever.

However, something I've noticed over the last few weeks, it usually happens immediately following blocking some regular hits. And while blocking, instead of being pushed back a little with each hit, my feet are glued to the spot. So then, when they throw the inevitable heavy to finish their combo, I'm still glued to the spot, even after swiping, and eat the heavy.

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I’m seeing the same issue. While I can’t tell if it’s me missing the swipe timing or a bug in the game. But after talking to others I’m leaning more towards a game bug.
  • Been happening to me too since the hotfix. I disabled zoom in iOS which helped input issues some but it still happens. I logged a ticket but it got ignored and auto closed with canned spam response.
  • Happens with female multi kick heavy some and with juggernaut and few other enemies more often than others. I also have had auto dash forward or backwards in AW some, but less glitchy in other modes. Also, ghostrider parry against war machine and red cyclops gets ignored a lot... all new glitches with that hotfix
  • I thought getting glued to the floor right before AI does a heavy was fixed when I disabled zoom as it went away for several days , then it came back which doesn’t make sense unless gameplay alterations to the game are slipped in between updates when you log in.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    This seems real to me. I've been having this issue for some time. I feel like I've evaded in time, yet for some reason I'm left standing there like an idiot and take a heavy to the face. The weird things is that I have some imaginary tactile feedback.. like my finger feels stuck in the same way that my champ is stuck.
  • RykerRyker Posts: 45
    This is how the fight mechanics work for me now. I attempt evade, but my evade is regularly over run. I can’t dash back far enough, fast enough to avoid getting hit. I try to rely on parry, which works most the time, but parry timing seems to be way off. If I’m supposed to parry sooner or later, Kabam needs to warn us that they are opening or closing the parry window, if it’s smaller now, be honest about it. And lastly, and how this pertains to this thread. W/o parry and evade I am forced to block. And hold block. And the opponent’s heavy is so fast that it can’t be avoided and evaded half the time. The heavies come as though the game knows I have invariably run out of options and I’m forced to hold block to eat a heavy. And I get it, maybe sometimes I’m not fast enough. But the players know when we are being screwed, I’ve played this game since it came out. The heavy is thrown before I know I have to block to avoid damage. Smart AI is not “knowing” what I am doing, but being smart enough to predict what I will do. And if Kabam is caught cheating and making it so the AI “knows” my action before I do, they could be in a world of trouble because they are collecting money under the assumption the game is designed fair. Please don’t let me find out that Kabam is taking the physical inputs from the screen, and then countering as a response auto. Again, that would be cheating.
  • tuposacptuposacp Posts: 165
    Yup this is a real issue and a bug. But don’t worry guys it will resolved in few months after they have reached their quota (hehehe)
  • Happening to me regularly on iPhone 5S (latest iOS version) and iPad mini 3. When blocking it takes my characters longer than normal to respond. For example, block an attack, AI charges heavy, swipe to evade and character just stands there and takes the heavy hit.

Another example: Blocking spiderman's special 1, there used to be a point where a well timed swipe would unleash a medium attack just as his special finishes, and before he can recover. Now my champion doesn't respond despite swiping 2 or 3 times, then eats a combo because the block finally drops too late and none of the attack swipes registered.

This issue, combined with the disgracefully poor frame rate and game performance causing parries to be ignored, makes end-game content impossible to play at the moment due to taking far too much block damage and being cheated out of legitimately dodging attacks.
  • hydrogohardhydrogohard Posts: 219 ★★
    Happens to me also.I play on my Samsung galaxy s7 edge.
  • uLqui0rauLqui0ra Posts: 76
    "Timing"