**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Archangel worth a 6* generic?

ToastyToasty Posts: 155 ★★
edited April 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I have the 5/65 sig 200, and am a fairly mediocre player who wouldn’t be able to get another ag anytime soon
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• phil56201phil56201 Posts: 965 ★★★
    I wouldn't. A 5/65 is quite sufficient to do what AA does. I'd save it for a 6* that benefits from low sig level (which AA indeed does), but also for a champion that you don't have as a maxed 5* so you can get a wider range of utility.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Depends on your roster tbh. Most scenarios that you would use a 6r3 AA, you could just as easily use the 5/65. I used the Romance Awakening Gem on mine and took him to 6r3 despite having a 5/65 sig113 simply because I wanted to save a few seconds whenever I would need to use AA. Overall, there's really not much benefit to having both awakened and high level, at least not until 6r5s are a thing
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    No. Hell no. 5/65 and considering using an ag. Just put the bottle down.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,751 ★★★★★
    Normally the answer would be an obvious "Hell yes!" but the thing is that even a 5* Archangel is insanely powerful. I've melted Act 7.4 bosses with my 5* without any problems whatsoever. As such, I do think there are maybe better alternatives out there (even if that alternative, for now, is just to hold on to it).

It's quite possible that high-rank 6*s become even more valuable in Act 8 whenever that rolls out, so at that point it might be prudent to awaken Archangel and rank him up as far as you can. However, at the moment, the 5* is simply too nuts for me to advise you to use your most precious resources on your 6*.

It's kind of like Magneto. If it's made of metal, it's dead in an SP3. It doesn't matter if it's a 5r5 or a 6r4. If you have the 5*, you're set and there really isn't a point in investing in the 6* (for now).
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,682 ★★★★
    If you use him all the time, then yes. If not, then you are probably good with your 5*.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Key word on this is GENERIC. class ag, maybe without other options (aka all mutants are awakened), generic, not a chance. But your roster, your choice.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    well i mean who else do you have that might be worth the awakening on? personally id do it in a heart beat regardless of 5*. asking if having the same thing with higher dmg is worth it is a strange one imo. like people who say archie r4 does the same as a r5 is bizarre, thats literally handicapping yourself at that point lol