**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds time points

RCunhaRCunha Posts: 375 ★★
I am actually enjoying battlegrounds, but losing fights because of time points, when we have to lose tons of time baiting out specials isnt fun at all, this AI is screwing the gameplay for me in all types of modes.
Not fun at all

Comments

• Options
    SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    Keep in mind that this is just the beta. They are trying things out to see what works and what can use improvements. Things rarely go just the way they should in a beta test. Having said that, I don’t mind the time part of the fight. You and your opponent has to bait specials in the same amount of time so it’s just a matter of who can do it better, keeping the timer shorter keeps the whole thing moving swiftly so that each match don’t last too long.
  • Options
    CynchoticCynchotic Posts: 186
    I think the match up could use some work - a lot like war. When 4000 BR is matched with 11000 BR, makes a person just not interested in going back - because, why? When you know your going to lose. I just don’t think using prestige ratings is the way to go when matchmaking - war matchmaking has proved this over and over again.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited April 2022
    RCunha said:

I am actually enjoying battlegrounds, but losing fights because of time points, when we have to lose tons of time baiting out specials isnt fun at all, this AI is screwing the gameplay for me in all types of modes.
    Not fun at all

I agree with you're comment about Specials. I think that all defenders should have the Aggressive Node applied to them. Sometimes baiting a Special 1 is obviously the correct strategy and it can be frustrating in a mode where you are basically constantly losing points as time passes to watch them just not throw that special when you at least feel like you're doing a pretty good job of baiting it. I think it also helps with trying to keep fight times a little lower and less RNG based.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    If you quit a fight early you should get zero points. Other then that time is a good scoring metric
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

If you quit a fight early you should get zero points. Other then that time is a good scoring metric

I'm ok if it counts Defender HP Remaining but if you quit a fight early you are dead, you have no health and deserve 0 Points for Attacker HP Remaining and Fight Duration.

Also have heard some suggestions about reducing your Attacker HP Remaining points by 50% if you Timeout so that it's more similar to a Timeout in other game modes. Also creates a little more incentive for actually KOing the opponent.
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★

What’s stopping a person from pausing and waiting out the clock?