**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I want Doctor Strange back.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that you release insanely over powered champs now and leave DS as broken as he was after the 12.0 nerf. SW got some fixing, SL and Thor tweaked a little to where they could actually be usable again, but DS is still 100% ruined.

There r half a dozen champs around now that regen much better than DS ever did. Even wolverine's ability is amazing. Why, god, why, did you completely destroy my favorite champ use?

He deserves further consideration and tweaking.

Comments

• Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Exactly his fury with those 3 armour breaks on sp2 and everything should be restored I mean compare him to what we have now and he would not seem to be on their exact level his old version was only op back then since there were only about 5 of the strongest whereas everyone else was bad now everyone seems much kore balanced besides a few weak ones he should be restored and there is no excuse this time. Before everyone says nooo he to oppp well check out the champs we have now I am not kidding they are monsters.

Also SW and thor could not be restored because of their deadly hits 60k and above but they got some of what they used to have back and are actually powerful. Strange needs his old version back to be good I really do believe he would not be OP.
  • Options
    IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    mydnight wrote: »
    I find it absolutely ridiculous that you release insanely over powered champs now and leave DS as broken as he was after the 12.0 nerf. SW got some fixing, SL and Thor tweaked a little to where they could actually be usable again, but DS is still 100% ruined.

There r half a dozen champs around now that regen much better than DS ever did. Even wolverine's ability is amazing. Why, god, why, did you completely destroy my favorite champ use?

He deserves further consideration and tweaking.

They tweaked his health steal a little bit after the uproar following the initial nerf. The problem is that compared to before the nerf the difference is significant. In many ways the change to Thor is too. DS is really middle of the road now with all the powerful mystics they keep releasing.
  • Options
    CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Totally agree. What they did to DS is a tragedy and I'm still salty about it and no longer spend money on this game as a result. They need to fix him - and I don't just mean via synergies. They took way too much away and gave nothing back.

SW is still pretty darn good if you can max her sig but now there are clearly better mystics. She was the most OP champ in the game so I understand this nerf more than any other.

Thor is no longer top cosmic but he's still decent - but only because they rebuffed him a little. Thor's initial state post-12.0 was a total ruin so I'm glad they didn't leave him like that. The added health, offensive fury and two stacks of armor break brought back some of his utility. Even so I think he could use just a little something more - maybe shock immunity or bleed resistance... or something. The new champs are way more powerful and it doesn't seem right that the biggest characters in the Marvel mythos are left behind.

Black Widow is another that was kind of ruined in my opinion. She's still decent against science champs but there are so many better options for what she does now and combined with the crit nerf she was completely demoted from top Skill champ to mid-tier at best. Another case of taking and giving nothing back.
  • Options
    Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    DS power gain is garbage how can it be like this when we have Hyperion
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Answer please do not close please saying strange would be the answer to every challenge because we all know that is not true rider is the most alike to old strange and he is not considered one of the "god tiers".
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Doot
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    This thread will be closed i think. Too sad.
  • Options
    I highly doubt they will restore the good doctor to what he once was. If you consider that the developer was losing $$$ hand-over-fist by summoners being able to make it through content without having to "invest" in resources like health potions & revives. If every champ had regen like Wolverine does or DS did pre-12.0, Kabam's quarterly & annual earnings wouldn't be as lucrative as they are to date.

Removing the "Leadership" synergy was a sincere effort to balance the game and remove an exploit that allowed users with the right team to avoid taking damage entirely. It's understandable that taking this away from DS et al. was necessary for the progression of the game. On the other hand, perhaps they forgot that DS was given paltry health relative to other existing champs to offset his ability to regen lost health. Well, at least that's the story we were told at the time. There was actually "balance" with his build (after the removal of the Leadership synergy). By dialing back the amount of health he regenerates to a per hit threshold (versus relative to the amount of damage dealt) created an imbalance in the character and at the same time ensured that people who wanted to overcome some difficult content would not have a convenient free-to-play way to do it.

The Scarlet Witch was a totally different story. Pre-12.0 she could immobilize opponents and stack multiple regen buffs on herself (I've seen up to 7 regens at one time) until she outlasted her opponent-- Making challenging content for those who had SW on a CRIT team was scaling up the difficulty to unrealistic levels for those who did not have this champ or one of those specific teams. The current build for SW is still fun to use but still involves a degree of skill to use--that is healthy. It saddens me that Kabam would specifically target the regen aspect of her sig ability--making it proc less than the others. Honestly I would like to see her "chance" to proc regen on par with each of the other buffs/debuffs she has. But then again, that too would effect the bottom line... and that's the point.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    mydnight wrote: »
    I WANT DOCTOR STRANGE BACK.
    He's moved on. You should too.

• Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    An easy fix would be to allow him to switch stances like winter soldier and spidergwen. With Blade being a on demand infinite regen champ I don't see why Doctor Strange can't be similar. Maybe even gimp his base damage a bit more so when you aren't on fury mode he has awful damage but can regen quite a bit
  • Options
    KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    I agree, no sense to nerf him. He was skill based @bringDS back kabammmm
  • Options
    ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    edited October 2017
    They killed him, they need to buff him.

His sp2 isn't as strong with the armor breaks, his life steal isn't as good.

A r5 4* with max recovery is like just above 200 health per hit, a ghost rider can heal way more than that, they should increase his life steal per hit to atleast ghost rider level or even higher, as they almost have the same amount of time in life steal(GR depends on judgements of course). DS should steal more health when using specials too, an sp3 could give the highest amount, while the sp2 and sp1 give less. So it'd give him extra life steal on top of the already set amount he has on every hit. His fury with l2 isn't as great anymore, armor break needs to trigger more, the damage isn't close to the same as before(it still needs to do more damage, but not like it was pre-12.0). Please please please make his buff time return like it was, or at least make it like a 7 second cycle.

His signature ability is cool, but it needs to be changed.
    Instead of a sig 99 4* having a 80% chance to counterspell it should go to 70 or 75%.
    But now he has extra benefits from this dignitary ability, he has different things for each class opponent.

For example, let's say he's facing a mystic champion, he'd reduce their ability accuracy by like 30% and has the chance to power drain through specials or like a chance to drain power in normal hits.

Or facing a cosmic champion would make your specials do direct energy damage, like let's say you use an sp1, let's say the first hit does like 500 damage, energy damage pop up aswell doing like 200 damage. Then the 2nd hit of the sp1 does like 1,500 damage, 600 damage would follow it after wards. Like how morningstar's sp1 does that energy damage.Then a 2nd affect would be giving him a really long armor buff that can't get broken(of course nothing stupid over powered), can only be counterspelled or nullified.

Or even facing a mutant would let him heal block and maybe steal some of the buffs they have.

But you get what I'm trying to say. DS needs a buff, not through synergies kabam, a legit buff. It wouldn't bring rank down tickets because it's a buff and not a nerf. So a person who has him at r4 could wait to pull the catalysts they need or a person with his r5 can enjoy his new abilities at max rank.
  • Options
    FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Sorry he’s never coming back it’s time to get over it.
  • Options
    AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    Don't care if this thread is closed. At least it will be seen. He didn't need a nerf and even 1 aspect would be enough. But they hit them all, and too hard
  • Options
    mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I still miss using him. I can barely win fights in arena with him now.