**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When Will Grandmaster's Gauntlet return?

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

It's now been 336 days since the Gauntlet was released. Since then, there have been countless players who have become thronebreakers without ever having the privilege to enter the Gauntlet and show their true skills. Especially with Paragon, there should be a way for Thronebreakers (especially those who are F2P) to get resources to get r4 champs based on skill and completing fights. You said it would come back eventually, and unless the patch notes omitted it, it's not coming back this month. Can we get confirmation on when it's coming back? Next month, being the 1 year anniversary of the introduction, would be the perfect time. There's no harm in putting it back out there, so there's no reason not to release it again.
Note: This is neither a suggestion nor a request, which is why I did not put in that section of the forums. Be aware

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    early june
  • Options

early june

unironically, i would be very happy if it came back in early june
  • Options

You want the Gauntlet now when the last time we had it controls worked?

Serious glutton for punishment I see ya?

i mean you can make that argument for lots of content. why would we get eternity of pain with control problems when we had summer of pain without? even with control issues, i and many other people at least want a shot at it. i got thronebreaker in july of 2021 and i never even got into the quest
  • Options
    ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 292 ★★★
    My argument/point is: people want the Gauntlet back with problems with controls those of us that did it last year didn't face?

Because that could open a can of worms for those that use more items or fail blaming that issue and then wanting the "c" word.

See what I am talking about now?

It doesn't affect me at all, but it will affect those that haven't done it.

i mean you can make that argument for lots of content. why would we get eternity of pain with control problems when we had summer of pain without? even with control issues, i and many other people at least want a shot at it. i got thronebreaker in july of 2021 and i never even got into the quest
  • Options
    ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 292 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    Seeing your post from someone like you keeps me having hope for MCOC and it's Community.

Seriously, I love seeing that aspect of the challenge and someone rising to it like you did and do it seems.

That's why I get frustrated when I see people ask for compensation when something small happens.

Not saying it should never happen, but I don't see it needing to be talked or addressed 99.99% of the time people ask for that.

However, I would hope the Gauntlet returns for those that didn't get to 100% or new players no later than June 2022 as that would be a year since it originally came out.

My argument/point is: people want the Gauntlet back with problems with controls those of us that did it last year didn't face?

Because that could open a can of worms for those that use more items or fail blaming that issue and then wanting the "c" word.

See what I am talking about now?

It doesn't affect me at all, but it will affect those that haven't done it.

I understand what you're saying, but I imagine that won't happen. In my opinion, it's better to have the bugged version than nothing at all. Complaining that someone else got to do it without bugs is childish, especially considering the fact that you could've gotten thronebreaker while it was up originally.
  • Options
    30ish30ish Posts: 177 ★★
    It’s only for those who wasn’t thronebreaker & who didn’t finish it. For those who explored it 100%, I believe it’s not for them (maybe for practice) but there’s won’t be any reward structure for them.
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    I wouldn't rush with this statement after the 7.4 offer fiasco
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    The Gauntlet shouldn’t be an annual thing only. Unlike other “Coming Soon” content, there was a clear statement that Summoners shouldn’t worry if they couldn’t explore it because it would come back.

It seems like that promise to bring it back was forgotten. Sure, a lot of issues have plagued the game over the past year, but to the outside observer it’s hard to see why something like this isn’t periodically available (and with notice—players who still have to explore it can prepare a stash for their run if needed).

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    With how long it's been away I hope it returns with a new chapter
  • Options
    UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    "This means that he'll not allow those that have already completed it to try again!"

I have a feeling this is gonna go down like the 7.4 unit offer if they get it back.
  • Options
    Uvogin said:

"This means that he'll not allow those that have already completed it to try again!"

I have a feeling this is gonna go down like the 7.4 unit offer if they get it back.

I mean I don’t understand exactly why they said that. I’m hoping it’s more of “the QUEST is available to everybody, but the REWARDS are only available to people that didn’t get them the first time.” I’m wondering if they’re able to essentially copy and paste the quest and keep everyone’s progress
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

The controls are good now so ready to try the GG.
  • Options
    The_ChumpThe_Chump Posts: 141 ★★

The controls are good now so ready to try the GG.
    LOL maybe on your device, but I'm having some of the worst parrying on mine rn
  • Options
    So, it’s not coming back in June that we know of. Can we get an update about when we’re getting it back? It’ll end up being over a year since it released this June
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Could the team confirm whether this is in the works? Given that Paragon is now a thing, the availability of rankup materials—as well as the general challenge—would be welcome.

Is there an issue with duplicative rewards, as some have asked in this thread? Is it a matter of resources at the dev level? What does it require to reintroduce things like Gauntlet, Maze, etc.? How resource intensive is it?

A response would be appreciated. Things like this are a fun way to gauge how much those of us who couldn’t complete it have progressed.

Dr. Zola