**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cap IW in the Current Meta

RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
edited May 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I pulled one of my most wanted 5*s, a Cap IW from an incursions crystal yesterday!

I’m 95% sure that I’ll take him to R5 sig 200, just want to get some opinions first.

It’ll be a long time before I have enough gold/sigs. I have more than enough rank up gems, and a generic awakening gem. Just no sigs, gold or iso lol

Anyway, here are my questions:

1) Does he have a lot of use in Act 6 and 7? I’ll be looking at exploring parts of act 7 soon

2) What about war? Is he worth a spot on my attacking team?

3) And finally, Battlegrounds. Has anyone used him in there?

Thanks 🙏
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Also have him at r3 Sig200.

The 5* was my MVP for exploring prenerf act 6 so I'm sure he'll have his use there.

Used the 6* for act 7 exploration and he's also useful for Carinas challengers abyss run.

He's very useful in war but I use him in aq more frequently for diss track path + Herc synergy.

Battlegrounds is very dependent on the node but so far I've not used him much there.

CapIW has only gotten better with time.
    Synergy with Cap Sam Wilson's gives him staggers on block adding to his laundry list of utility
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    He can do so much and do it so easily and so well.
  • Options
    jbxotiicjbxotiic Posts: 145
    He's worked great in battle grounds for the last couple betas. His sp1 bypasses safeguard and has bleed which was useful. Masochism didn't really affect him but he worked great.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,165 ★★★★★
    You can use in many so it in act 6. Act 7 I didn't use him as much since he was a 5* and I used mainly 6*, but I would r5 and invest in him solely for that 6.2.6 champion fight, even if you never touch him again. I'm actually thinking of using a generic 6* and 6* generic stones just to save me some units for 100% 6.2.6.
  • Options
    Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    He’s a great champ; I still use my 5* all of the time. He’s got a ton of utility, and he has a Swiss Army knife kit that’s flexible and easy to fit to your needs.

If I can awaken my 6 *, I’ll rank and sig him up right away. He may not be as flashy in the current meta, but he is still an absolute workhorse and an answer to many problems you’ll encounter. Enjoy your Beardo!
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    I don't see him getting much use in BGs bcoz he's not even an average defender & most of his offensive utility relies on synergies
    He can be a decent option for AW specially now with the defiance tactic....but probably won't be ur primary go to option for most paths, even though he can do most paths with his varied utility
    He has fallen out of meta not bcoz he's not a great champ, but bcoz of his reliance on high sig level
    6* stones are still not easy to come by & IMO Science class needs the most sig stone investment, which makes it tough for Cap to stay relevant
    However he's still a great champ
    I'll surely R3 mine when he gets duped a few times
    As a 5* definitely R5 worthy
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    EQ, SQ, act 6/7

Definitely worth the investment
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Perfect blocks, decent damage with 5 kinetic charges plus heavy, parry heavy playstyle is best for him. Sig 200 is the best for his absolutely useful utilities he gets... best is his tech(petrify) and skill(purify) utility. You don't even need the specific synergies just take a pick of any class of champ you want. His signature ability works well with that. I have literally used him everywhere except battlegrounds he gets banned there everytime.