**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Any reason why this specific team???

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
So I noticed that everytime I do arena and start getting the Kang Thanos teams there is ONLY 1 team I keep getting over and over again and that team is Cable, Gwenpool and Medusa. Even if I choose any of the other 3 options it might have a different avatar but it's still always those 3 champs!
And I'm not exaggerating here I mean I literally get ONLY THAT TEAM!
Now it's not really a problem since I can deal with them and I never lose my streak but I was wondering why ALL Thanos Kang teams are these 3 champs?
Also, I seriously HATE fighting Medusa!
Anyone else know what I mean and wondering why?

Comments

• Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Strategic wrote: »
    So I noticed that everytime I do arena and start getting the Kang Thanos teams there is ONLY 1 team I keep getting over and over again and that team is Cable, Gwenpool and Medusa. Even if I choose any of the other 3 options it might have a different avatar but it's still always those 3 champs!
    Now it's not really a problem since I can deal with them and I never lose my streak but I was wondering why ALL Thanos Kang teams are these 3 champs?

I also get these sometimes over and over
    Further i also got same opponents (other than thanos team) during a continuing streak (I.e same players matching with me in every other round of streak having same champs)
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★

Same, it's not that they're hard. It's the ai that acts really stupid when you're building your streak. And I swear her l2 is different, she'll fly across the screen lol
    Seems that it was always a thing tho, I remember a year ago this was happening where you'd see the same team again and again.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★

I also get these sometimes over and over
    Further i also got same opponents (other than thanos team) during a continuing streak (I.e same players matching with me in every other round of streak having same champs)

Yeah but when it's real players I don't mind but when it's the AI's teams it's pissing me off.
    Also kinda makes me feel like kabam is giving all the OP champs to their employees or something...
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★

Since I started playing wayyyy back during Yellowjacket's release they change these teams every time big new champions are released.

So, when I started playing it was "Kang's Team" and it was a couple symbiods I think and Yellowjacket. Then as they added new champions they get cycled in so people can fight against them.

The Kang/Thanos etc teams are automated and not player generated, and there is an algorithm going for matching which indeed can sometimes match you with the same people more than once. It can also make mistakes although it seems to be working pretty well these days.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I ran into a team of untoppable colossus, juggernaut and storm which is a fully synergized squad and they came up over and over up round 20 then stopped. Are you hitting them after round 20?
    They were always a kang or thanos team and part of the reason is because you are carrying a weak squad. One I was carrying champs.of a certain level through rounds 10-20 they disappeared altogether.
    Make note of your team rating when it happens try to stay above it
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    HA! So its not just me, thought I was going crazy. Always Cable and Medusa regardless if I use my 4*s or 5*s to start the streak on Kang/Thanos teams
    Rap wrote: »
    They were always a kang or thanos team and part of the reason is because you are carrying a weak squad. One I was carrying champs.of a certain level through rounds 10-20 they disappeared altogether.

Considering I use only maxed 4*s or even my strongest team when I get those match ups which is 2 R4 5* and 1 R3 5* giving me a total of about 22k team rating I don't think you can consider that a weak team. So that's probably not it.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    I get them too. It has nothing to do with having a weak team....it's having a strong team that triggers kang / thanos. Once you pass a certain team rating for a given arena, you get the standard thanos and kang teams. They get updated every once in a while to include the newer champs.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    From streak 13-15 its always Cable, GP and Medusa for me. No matter what team I use or the overall team rating
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    I get those same champs too, is quite weird haha
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Off topic question: how do I avoid Kang/Thanos teams?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »

Use a really bad team, that way you get matched with someone’s x3 4/55 mystics with MD
    edited November 2017
    GbSarkar wrote: »

Like Mr_Platypus said if you wanna get screwed completely use **** teams and you are guaranteed no thanos kang teams. Good luck with that though lol XD