**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Aarkus Users: Is this a bug or an intended interaction?

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,021 ★★★★★
edited May 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues

I just pulled 6* Aarkus after hunting him pretty much since release, and I’m thrilled with him. But I noticed a weird interaction on his sp2 wherein if you use it during your biggest damage phase, you end up dropping your own damage fairly significantly.

In the clip above, you can see that my r1 Aarkus is landing almost 8k medium and crits and about 5k medium crits before firing off the sp2. After firing it, however, the damage drops dramatically down to about 5k mediums and 3k lights.

I believe this is because firing the sp2 replaces the big armor break (with the value of 10 armor breaks) from the original setup sp2 with a new one that only has the value of 1 armor break. This is supported by how Winter Soldier briefly has two stacks of armor shattered on him. Because Aarkus is not able to apply new armor breaks while armor shatter is active, it appears the game prioritizes the new, weaker armor break and removes the original.

So, my question is: is this intended? Should I avoid throwing the sp2 while I have a big armor break on my opponent in order to preserve it? Has he always worked like this? Seems kind of silly to make his big damage special weaken his damage output in such a way that you have to wait out the rest of the armor shatter duration before you can restart his damage. Anyway, thanks for any input or insight y’all have on this!
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    He has worked like this since they needed to rework how armor shattered functions after his release. And yeah don’t use an s2 while he is already armor shattered.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    he’s been like this for a while

just spam the special 1 after you use a special 3 while there’s an armor shattered on the opponent
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

he’s been like this for a while

just spam the special 1 after you use a special 3 while there’s an armor shattered on the opponent

Or just spam sp3, sp2 if they are close to KO.