**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Global Filter / Removal of global

JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 395 ★★★
There are people rampantly attacking others daily in your global chat function. In the past 6 hours (8:00 P.M. PST - 2:00 A.M. PST) a user has been spewing slurs and anti black sentiment and shows no signs of stopping. While I won’t attach screenshots as of now, if needed, I can. The filter on the global chat has been not great through the entire lifespan of the game. I think it’s about time to either remove global entirely or create a stronger filter. Other games within the past few years have made the choice to remove their global chats for issues not unlike these (one major example me Supercell’s Clash of Clans). This is a children’s game. And these issues are extremely harmful and destructive for the game. I along with many others tend to see this community as one of the most kind and respectable in the current world. But the global chat function can skew that image and run people off the game.

Comments

• Options
    Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★
    You can turn off global in your own account.
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    Jinxesaxe said:

This is a children’s game. And these issues are extremely harmful and destructive for the game.

And that's why we have the feature to turn off Global chat in the settings. Turn it off if you feel global chat is inappropriate for you. I have turned it off from years & I don't even remember if I have ever turned it ON ever since turning it off.

Removing global chat isn't a solution. I still remember the huge chaos it caused in COC when they removed global chat & many of the players and youtubers opposed it.

In mcoc , Alliances use Global chat to recruit members & new players use it for numerous things like suggestions OR make some friends. Most of the times , global chat is hell of a place & I strongly recommend you to turn global chat off .