**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The MCOC AI situation... Sentient.

firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
I just wanna throw out my opinion and thoughts after watching Richtheman's video.
As someone who has played many of fighting games throughout my life(including MK2) I know hard ai when I see it.
Now, onto the topic at hand.
As stated by Miike, the ai has never been altered with.
That's where the "sentient" part in the title comes in.
Why?
Because Kabam somehow created an ai that learns from every player to counter everything to the point where nothing tends to work like it used to.
That's not conspiracy talk, btw, that's the other road if it ain't an ai occasionally tempered with.
It's not uncommon, MK2 has something like that, too.
Honestly, I wouldn't be mad if it's tempered with, because at this point, I think an update to the ai's behavior is what is needed.
For starters on the sentient ai's modern antics, 5 hit combos into specials but the specials are blocked despite the opponent being in a hit state, intercepted by an intercept during an intercept attempt, the ai stopping long enough so that you don't parry and they catch you off guard completely, the ai hoarding their specials like a dragon even with taunts, the ai using their special 3 immediately after gaining it, the ai whiffing and doing random heavies that are instant, etc.
In other fighting games, you know, since it was shown in Rich's video, I'm gonna compare MCOC's ai to MK2's ai because they're both cheaters lol.
In MK2, there's at the very least ways to cheat the ai.
For starters, Shang Tsung's HP spam.
The closest equivalent is She Hulk's heavy spam in MCOC, which has been patched long ago.
Also, MK2 has much more mobility in terms of buttons and jumping and ducking, which is why I don't like comparing the two, as there's ways around the unfair ai.
MCOC, you only get so many buttons and movement to work with.
Which goes to my main point of this post.
If the ai truly hadn't been tweaked to be harder, then I ask, can you at the very least lower the sentient unfair difficultly?

Comments

• Hey everybody,

MCOC's dev team does not use machine learning in developing our in-game AI; we promise the AI is not sentient. We understand the perception of the AI changing held by some players in the community and we continue to have an open dialogue with the MCOC devs.

We've been informed, as you know, that there have been no active changes to the AI. However, there is a possibility that changes elsewhere in the game engine have impacted AI performance.
  • Omega007HazeOmega007Haze Posts: 60

Hey everybody,

MCOC's dev team does not use machine learning in developing our in-game AI; we promise the AI is not sentient. We understand the perception of the AI changing held by some players in the community and we continue to have an open dialogue with the MCOC devs.

We've been informed, as you know, that there have been no active changes to the AI. However, there is a possibility that changes elsewhere in the game engine have impacted AI performance.

Yeah, you think?? This is total bs. This AI is completely frustrating. There should be no reason why i'm grinding Arenas and the fights are taking so long. Im using 5* R5/6* R3 with suicides, fighting opponents that are lower rated than my champions with less attack less health and less capable of damge, but the AI enhanced opponents are doing more damage and passively blocking using parry and waiting till i move to coounter me and slap me in the face. Total mf'ing bs!!! STOP MESSING WITH THE GAME!!!!. This **** started weeks and weeks ago with the intro of Solo Objectives in Arenas for **** A$$ CRYSTAL SHARDS for the monthly NEW crystal. This months flavor being the Multiverse Crystal shards and the "Team Variants". Which your RNG also gives nothing of worth. And also, your devs RNG on the units earned through Battlechips has also been messed with. Units should be dropping much more from Arena crystals than they are, according to the DROP RATES!!! But no, plenty of gold and no units. Typical of what I have come to expect the closer we get to July 4th deals.
    Well, i just dont care anymore. Your RNG sux, your AI sux, and I will not give a dam to spend any money with you ongoing.
    YOU ARE CLEARLY CHEATING THE PLAYERS OUT OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY AND TIME!!!... and that is such a shame.
    I will be better served taking my $600 cash and holding it until i can get my hands on a PS5...